beth r.

... just your average, teenage writer

rip wtw story chain lol- it kinda died out, lmk if you wanna revive it
thanks so much for 240+! i follow back lol. have a great day!

adventures with an insomniac. buckle up, it's gonna be quite the ride.

17
    I think I have a problem. 
    I'm kind of an insomniac. Like, sleep? Haha, don't know her. You can find me having an existential crisis at 3 am. Or eating shredded cheese while watching Dance Moms meme compilations in my basement. Or both simultaneously, because we stan a multitasking queen. I usually fall asleep at around 3:30ish on a good night, and I wake up at 7:36 for school.
    Why 7:36, you ask? A little too specific, hm? Some of ya'll really haven't worked out your morning routines to an exact science, and it really shows. I'll get back to this on a later occasion. 
    Although we stan shredded cheese eating and rewatching sad Pixar scene compilations because pain, running on four hours of sleep isn't exactly, erm, glamorous
    Enter stage left: Grandma Rogers. She literally went, into like, CARDIAC ARREST when I told her casually about the usual time I konk out. As any self-respecting grandmother would, Grandma Rogers busted out home remedies from the freaking 1800s- one of which being this cabbage sleeping tea? Which tasted like the crushed hopes and dreams of little children, to put it mildly. 
    The above monstrosity didn't help. Back to the weird animal friendship compilatio-
    Enter stage right: an upset Mom and Melatonin gummies. DON'T let their seemingly innocent looks fool you. These gummies KNOCK YOU OUT. Oh, and one of the side effects? Weird and oddly realistic dreams.
    Lovely.
    The next thing I know, JFK is dragging me on a quest to find the cure to COVID, David's Golden Retriever is our wise spirit guide with the voice of Morgan Freeman, and my third-grade math teacher is chasing and trying to kill us all the while. Princess Diana came up somewhere along the way, I had a lightsaber, and I married High School Musical era Zac Efron. 
    I don't even know, man. 
    HoWeVeR, I did sleep a full NINE hours though, which I'm convinced I haven't done since I was like, not born yet. 
    I guess... more quests with former US presidents, here I come. 

Scene: WTW HEADQUARTERS

Admin #1- *sips decaf esspresso* Ah. Our website is runnin' smoothly, eh?

Admin #2- Yeah. Do ya'll remember that one kid? Bella? Bernard, maybe? Who would, like, never follow the guidelines? Been so peaceful since she fell off the face of the earth or something.

Admin #1- Yeah lol. 

*the decaf espresso mentioned above shakes Jurassic Park style*

Me: *dramatically kicks open door in Spiderman crew sock and white Docs clad foot* ELLO THERE.

omg hi guyssss. it's been like months. 
wait- i can explain-
so bAsiCalLy after finally wrapping up preACTS and finals (which pulled me away from WTW for a solid month), summer vacation came. yessss High School Musical Fans, I hear you singin'. 
anyway. i went abroad! i am very thankful that I was able to attend a six-week summer retreat- that didn't give me wifi access because it was in the middle of nowhere! 
so, couldn't write pieces then. but I'm back! i'm trying to focus my writing time on some screenplay projects at the moment, but I'll be stopping by here every now and again! oh, and a lot has gone down, i can't wait to fill ya'll in-
missed this place and the people in it- and I'll be sticking around for a bit now lol
- beth 

• August 22, 2021 - 5:17pm (Now Viewing)

• Jasmin khawar

Lolllll, I can relate, this is awesome.

Also I missed u where were u!?

about 8 hours ago
  • Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

*done fighting obnoxiously loud laughter at the footnotes*
    It’s so great to see you again!! This piece is hilariousss, by the way. Gosh, I’ve missed your humor.

welcome back! :)

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: I may have to just change my email…
    Casually make it my bestie’s email may be a good idea….

• (sk)eyesofocher

oh beth I missed you!!!!!! AHHH I MISSED YOU SO MUCH

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Fancy seeing you here! It’s delphi btw, I changed my username a few times while you were off in a galaxy far, far away….
    And hello fellow insomniac! How was your summer away from admin’s OvErLy PaSsIvE aGgReSsIvE eMaIlS. I have been subjected to a few as well, they needed to find someone else while you were away ig :P

• ~rain~

re: lol will do, I’ll let you know when it’s published (probably by the end of next week because of school…)

• ~rain~

re: noooooo *sharp inhale* but omg we should do like argumentative pieces about who should have tom holland and why lol

• ~rain~

and i am so so so so so happy that you're backkkk

• ~rain~

"Princess Diana came up somewhere along the way, I had a lightsaber, and I married High School Musical era Zac Efron." gurl does this mean i get tom...? also yessss hsm!!!! me: *laughs in screaming "humuhmuhumuh" in math class*
    also your footnote is the most accurate thing i have ever read

Re: Np! Aha :') Yeah, I'm pretty excited. Starting this week! Yeah, unfortunately. (or at least my state is) We've actually been in lockdown since the end of June, and we've got till at least the end of September! The Delta variant is definitely taking its toll! Ah that's alright :)

• Yellow Sweater

Ahhhh! I missed you so much! I was just reading this in my kitchen and started cracking up and my mom looked at me strangely.

Yesssssssssss I missed you Beth!!! Also this piece is glorious; I really missed my weekly comedy from this corner of WtW ;) Also, " The next thing I know, JFK is dragging me on a quest to find the cure to COVID, David's Golden Retriever is our wise spirit guide with the voice of Morgan Freeman, and my third-grade math teacher is chasing and trying to kill us all the while. Princess Diana came up somewhere along the way, I had a lightsaber, and I married High School Musical era Zac Efron." sounds like a wonderful dream. (oh hey, funny that you mentioned Zac Efron; you probs dont remember that piece i wrote that zac came to my brother's work once, but I legit just got a job there haha.)
    Re: No problem! So glad to see you back :D I hope you had a great retreat! *my lockdown self trying not to be jealous*

• pidgin

re: lol honestly wouldn’t know what to do without writing and now WtW, glad that you could relate!

• sci-Fi

re: man took advantage of my fangirl love 3

• ava_grace

Re: Yes! XD

• Watermelon6

Re: Thank you!
    Re re: Seriously! Lol

• sci-Fi

HI BETH WE MISSED U
    hot ppl dont sleep i stand by this
    also those melatonin things WORK but once i had a dream that harry potter asked me to write an essay for him and i ended up failing transfiguration class so yeah

• Watermelon6

I once had a dream that I was in a line at Disney World with my cousin (who I’ve met ONCE). Then we went in and - surprise! Death Vader’s there. Obviously.
    Dreams are weird, man.

• pidgin

I love this. Never tried melatonin gummies( had melatonin pills, they didn’t work and tasted terrible) but it kinda sounds like we all need those in our lives. also love the footnote. I laughed the whole time reading this!

I MISSED YOU SO FREAKIN MUCH

BWAHAHAHAHA THIS IS BRILLIANT

• ava_grace

Omg, I laughed so hard reading this! I can definitely relate to weird dreams. Like in the span of one dream, I was flying above the skyline with Peter Pan and then Obama came to house. Dreams are strange...