barelybear

she/her, INFJ-A
musicals
fantasy/dystopian fiction
piano
life goal = becoming fluent in le français
☕️
est August 2020
community ambassador alum :D
Lmao at being 17
the squirrel is back!!

Thank you so so so so so so much to everyone who offered reviews and comments to help this piece!! I’ve really enjoyed writing it, and I can’t wait to read loads of other entries :D

Have a great day you guys!

Strawberry Sauce

My scream catches, barbed, in my throat. Time spins and wraps inwards on itself until all I can see is the sickly churning of the candyfloss machine at the fair. It spews pink cobwebs. Round, round, round.

The ice cream van’s melody warbles into the sky; it crumbles into hundreds and thousands and shatters on the ground. I stare down at my brother, his eyes round, round, round.

Mum’s pound coins clump in my pocket, like damp cement. I clutch my cone tighter.

Strawberry sauce, red and sticky, seeps onto the pavement and stains his white polyester laces. 
Words: 98

Hey! I've published Chapter 6 of Dangers From the Deep! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/244648/version/529723 Hope you enjoy!
    (oh wait do you play the piano??)
    (also ahhhh the end result is amazing!)

Awesomeee!!! Love how the piece here has developed. The ice cream van and similes really make the last line stand out.
    Re: Thanks so much and good luck to you too!

• TerenNeret

I adore the tense, almost sinister tone of an innocent image. This is superb!