kealoha

HE>i
novelist
singer/songwriter
artist
wanna be poet
ukulele lover

almost inactive

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"Beauty is not caused. It is."
- Emily Dickenson

"We all come from the sea, but we are not all of the sea. Those of us who are, we children of the tides, must return to it again and again, until the day we don't come back, leaving only which was touched along the way."
- Chasing Mavericks

surfacing.

7
it was dark / the sort of dark that bleeds out / staining your surroundings / like ink / smothering the light / and hope with it / and / it was cold / the sort of cold that numbs / turns your fingers indigo / makes your mind / like a stained glass window / distorted / cold / colorful / but the darkness quickly smothered those hues / and then / there was a light / at the surface / it spilled through the crystalline waters / and cut its way / right through the dark / like a sliver of hope / grab hold of it / I told myself / as if light was physical / but the cold / the numbing cold / my limbs were weak / frozen / time / ticked / the sliver never moved away/ no / it got closer / and I drifted / farther / it was back and forth / and then one day

up 

up 

up

breaking glass waters / shards spilling in all directions / I surfaced / smooth and silky air / tumbling down windpipes / the light / had it saved me? / I suppose the hope with it did / so yes / I suppose it did / closed eyes / spilling into a seaglass daydream / filled with colors / bright and brilliant colors
im bored

not rlly sure what this is 

• August 2, 2021 - 8:59am (Now Viewing)