IMA Dragon

he/him
I love Dragons (but you could already tell that from my user)
14
Writing my first book (Dragons included)
PRIDE is AWESOME
We must work together to stop Climate change (little things count)
Banana's are my favorite fruit :)

I hope you guys enjoy this piece, it was very fun to write and I hope it was interesting to read as well. I might have taken the main description of the prompt a little too literally, but I'm still proud of what resulted.

Hello World!

PROMPT: Dust Jacket

7
Hello World! I'm Ima Dragon, and here's some stuff about me :) 

Writing's always been my passion even though it took me a while to realize it. I wanted to be a chef for the entirety of elementary school and when I think back it's writing that caused this. In kindergarten I wrote how-to's about foods and that inspired my young brain to be fixed on becoming a chef. I planned to make a huge restaurant with all of the different foods around the world. It wasn't until fifth grade when I realized that a chef wasn't my thing (maybe it was because that I never actually cooked anything but who knows). It's funny really I always wrote a ton in writing class yet I never seemed to realize it was what I wanted to do. 
    My favorite genre to write is fantasy, since, as my name implies I love dragons. I also like other elements of fantasy such as the vast worlds the stories play out in, the characters the protagonist runs into on their journey, and the mysteriousness of it all. My favorite genre to read as well is fantasy (for the same reasons as writing) but I love all other genres as well my other top ones would be realistic fiction, historical fiction, and just general fiction.
    Reading however wasn't always my strong suit until more of third grade where I started to get into it. Books such as Magic Tree House and the Who was....? series really got me into reading. Since then I've always been an avid reader. My top books/series are this: 
    1.Wings of Fire by Tui T. Sutherland/Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
    2. Magnus Chase and the God's of Asgard/Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Both by Rick Riordan as well)
    3. Elatsoe by Darcie Little Badger
    4. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
    5. The Last Dragon Chronicles by Chris d'Lacey
    6. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling 
    7. Septimus Heap by Angie Sage

One thing I find most challenging while writing is motivation, it's not that I'm never motivated and when I am I can write for days. Sometimes though, it's hard for me to get motivated to write in the first place, for example, sit down to write. It's something I have to work on and hopefully one day I'll get it down. 
    A thing I find exhilarating is the process, how I am able to take idea's from my head, type them (or write them down) and be able to see them come to life, grow and change into something amazing. Just the feeling of looking at a piece you finished and seeing how others react to it is just awesome. I swear once I get my book published it will be one of the happiest days of my life. 

The WtW community is amazing and I can't really describe how I feel about it. Not only is it very addicting it's also filled with important messages stories, and so much more. It's so cool to have a place with all other writers from around the world. To read and enjoy their work is phenomenal.  Love you guys and never stop being yourself! 
    Finally, my goal here is to read and write as much as I can in the time I have, I want to be able to see as much of the community as I can and read as many pieces too. WtW is just amazing and I just want to be able to read all of its amazing pieces written by writers around the world. 
It wasn't until after I was around halfway when I realized that I was going a little bit over the prompt. Well maybe not a little but I guess I just took the general idea of it to heart, though in hindsight this probably wouldn't fit on a dust jacket. 

• July 27, 2021 - 11:24pm (Now Viewing)

• Watermelon6

I was about to recommend Wings of Fire to you. So glad to find another Sutherland and Riordian fan!

• ThatOneAntagonist

Hello fellow dragon lover! I think that I was very interested in your life story, is that weird? Anyway...I'm glad to hear that you think my strange, deranged prompt list was a good idea and I 'm glad that you want to try it yourself! We must satisfy the gods of adrenaline and comedic horror (one of which is Uncle Fester even if he isn't real)

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

re: oh its so incredible

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

hello friend!
    you like...dungeons and dragons?

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Phew I’m glad hp was on there, as a potter head I may have had to click back to dashboard (jkjk). I can relate to the writing as a passion thing, my teacher like a year and a half ago told me I had natural talent and I was kinda like “hey, I really like this”. I’ve always been soccer player/water polo player when I grow up tho, lol I would love to do both :)

• SnowLeopard06

Oh, wow, I've read most of those books too! I should probably check out Elatsoe, though. :)