SunV

pfp from sleeping at last's 'daughter'

ca alum!

hand in my hand and you promised to never let go

yes i <3 u too
est. 11/10/19

latest project: four part series as thank you notes for special friends:

(i) https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/251135/version/540418
(ii) https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/257705/version/555122
(iii) https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/257713/version/555486
(iv) https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/258493/version/555878

What Should I Be?

When I succeed, it is simply luck
But when I fail, I don’t work hard enough

If I top the class, I am considered a nerd
But when I come last, well they think it’s absurd!

Because first I was told be loud
But when I am loud, I am quietened
And then I was told to be brave
But when I stand up, I am pushed down again

Yesterday I was dark, today I am light
Here I should stay silent, there I should fight
First I was smart, then I was dumb
They said I was sensitive, but then said I was numbed

I honestly don’t know, what do you want me to be?

• July 29, 2021 - 9:38pm (Now Viewing)

• KanjiKat

Why do some CA's have the white and blue alum profile pic and some have the pink and white CA profile pick? What's the difference between the two?

• Delia Rune

OMG SunV!! I love love love this! Such a great take on this prompt. See you Saturday! :)

• Khadeejah bint Malik

Nice one!! It's relatable, and it does have a powerful message.
    I'd like to invite you to join a virtual spoken poetry event on 9 Aug. I hope you do check it out, I really appreciate your participation Bit.ly/3rpuYns
    Thank you so much

• Elodie Hart

I love the way this was written!

Happy Friendship Day!!

• ava_grace

So truuue. Beautiful.

• Livsnjutare

This is truth! Society pushes people to be so many things, even if they are the opposite of each other. I love how you really brought this truth to light! Just be you!

• A. Penderwick

I love this, it's written so well, and it rings true. My favorite stanza is the third one, particularly the line, "when I stand up, I am pushed down again". I think it's so powerful, albeit maddening that that is a standard. Seriously, amazing job.

Also- I love your bucket list; I'd love to play Angelcia too, though I don't know if I have the voice for it. hehe

• IMA Dragon

The stanzas flow so well and the poem speaks very deeply to the soul. It was an enjoyable experience reading it.

(also I must say how ironic it is that you want to visit Wales, and I live in New South Wales!!)

Whoaaaaaaaaaaa Saanvi! This is incredibleeeee <3333333

• Wisp

Oh gosh, the push and pull effect you give off here is so tender and it's so paining. You write it in a way that feels sort of bright, something that can roll off the reader's tongue easily, yet the meaning in your words is revitalizing. The contrasts you paint here, it's just heartbreaking, because the fact that people brush off our hard work as luck and tell us that we don't work hard enough is just so infuriating. Because how can they know how hard we've worked when all they see are the results, how can they determine for us our work ethic when they are not there by our side. SunV darling, you should not let people determine who you should be. Because they do not know you like you do. They are not there when you're sobbing over homework or stressing for tests or happy over the little things. They don't know how hard you work or the little things you hold dear. All they know is what they choose to see, and they cannot know you better than yourself. Don't put your value in other people, because you are a treasure, and you should hold yourself dearly.
    Replying: Your kind words always make my day. I think that piece was really more of an experiment, but I am so glad it came across in such a lovely way and was able to touch people. I've been trying out different things lately, and I'm more than happy to see that it managed to touch you the way it touched me, even if it didn't relate to the prompt haha. I hope your day is going well!

• sci-Fi

"Because first I was told be loud / But when I am loud, I am quietened / And then I was told to be brave / But when I stand up, I am pushed down again"
    UGH I LOVE THIS.