asiyahsultana

16, United States
I am very passionate about writing, and I am always open to giving and receiving feedback.

I hope you enjoy my work!

What happened to this year's AP Students?

PROMPT: The Footnote

2
When statistics for the performances of AP students for the 2020-2021 school year were recently shared online by Trevor Packer [1], students everywhere were shocked. From the sudden rise in the amount of plagiarism caught in AP Art portfolios, to the significantly low AP US History scores [2], it was clear that students performed poorly this year, in comparison to previous years. The COVID-19 pandemic can account for this change in overall performance. The pandemic put most students in online school, which impacted their mental health, style of learning, and social interaction, all of which are factors that could affect their success in AP classes and exams.
[1] Trevor Packer is the current head of the Advanced Placement (AP) Program
[2] 52% of students who took the AP US History Exam got a 1 or a 2, which is considered failing. This is the highest percentage of students who have failed this exam since 2008.

This is so informative Asiyah, and the use of the footnotes are wonderful too!!

Love it Asiyah!