Rose Beta

penguin
"I am not complete," Edward Scissorhands.
Michael Scott is my savior.

"Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information," Michael Scott. Your welcome.

In vain

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

4
I used to think that everything would go away when I would write. That's not true. That's not true. Yes, maybe most sounds would go away. Like the water boiling on the stove. Like the dogs running through the small hallway, over and over again. Maybe even the loud sirens from the police cars that always find themselves around here. That stuff goes away, sure. 
What doesn't go away are my thoughts. It feels like they are taking over. I am now aware of how much more I need to say and how little of that I turn into writing. When I write I am writing very fastly and messy on both papers and on a screen. I am upset that I cannot write fast enough. I am upset that most of my thoughts will fade away because by the time I finally finished writing the first thought, the rest are forgotten. So I am then left with an empty page. I guess that is what motivates me to stop. And I do give up, for a while. That is what I call writer's block even though I know it is different for everyone. Writers' block is a bit more like temporarily quitting for me. I guess that the thing that gets me unstuck is when I realize that without writing, I am nothing.

• July 16, 2021 - 11:29pm (Now Viewing)

• unchosen cauliflower

I really enjoyed this work! I found your style very expressive and personal, and I found it really engaging. For me, the second paragraph is where the piece really hits its stride, it felt like a gear change. The sentences flowed like a stream of consciousness and I really connected to that. I would love to read more of your work! *dab* :)

• ava_grace

I know how this feels too. Maybe if you’re writing and you get a random idea, just jot it down on a notecard so you can jog your memory later. That’s what I do. And don’t worry about writing to slow! Everyone writes at a different pace. The only thing that matters is that you get your thoughts out, no matter how long it takes.