Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Update July 19th 2021: Today I'm leaving for camp, and they don't allow electronic devices there, so I'll be inactive until Sunday.

Appearances deceiving; girl believing (message board update)

16

Charm comes before my fall,
And I'm not the fairest of them all;

You've just worked your charm on an innocent soul
To add a heart to the collection you stole.

I hate my blindness to the darkness of hearts.
How was I supposed to know cruelty was an art?

I need to remember to look beneath the grins,
Because if I don't, then evil will win.
I wrote this a few days ago after my friends tipped me off that a guy I was hoping to be friends with didn't have the greatest reputation. There were a couple warning flags that when put together mean I'm gonna be extremely careful with him. I honestly don't have to energy to waste trying to figure out if someone is genuine. It just made me angry that I'm still so susceptible to manipulation. This poem came out of that frustration. It's not necessarily about him, because I barely know him. But it's about people who do what he appears to have been doing.

July 16th, 2021

• July 19, 2021 - 9:11am (Now Viewing)

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

re: ohhhhhh my gods thank you so much
    that means a TON coming from you

like 5 notifications from anne is a holly jolly christmas

replying: ahhhh i'm so happy you're backkkk wtw is never the same without youuu. ah thank you so much that makes me so happy.your string of comments is gold

• mindfruit

short and definitely sweet...really nice piece. I love the rhyming, and the prose itself is just so extraordinarily poetic. Seriously, how do you do it? I think my favorite lines would have to be "I hate my blindness to the darkness of hearts./How was I supposed to know cruelty was an art?" it's just so good ahhh
    hope you had a great time at camp!
    re: thank you so much, and for your never-ending support :) camp was awesome for me. it was good to be away from screens for a bit, and just enjoy being outside.

Have fun at camp! Or if u read this when u get back then hope you had fun at camp! lol

• Starlitskies

"How was I supposed to know cruelty was an art?" - I absolutely adore this metaphor, the synchronous depth and lyric is astounding!
    Also Anne, thank you so so so much for your nomination of my piece! I was so ecstatic when it got featured! Your endorsement was so flattering and sweet! I meant to thank you sooner, sorry for the delay. I've spent a lot of time outside wtw the past couple of months, reading more published authors and I came here to your pieces and it's so strikingly clear in how you wield each word, you're onto do great things.
    I won't be around here for at least another year or so, but please do reach out if you need any help. I'm bound to log in once in a while. Hope camp is a blast! <3

• _streaks_of_stars_

i loved this! yeah i also love -> "I hate my blindness to the darkness of hearts.
    How was I supposed to know cruelty was an art?"
    really beautiful <3
    i hope you are ok <33

Re: Sometimes u just have to give someone the benefit of the doubt...? Hope everything works out! hope ur doing well anne :D
    I loved the lines "I hate my blindness to the darkness of hearts.

• Renegade_Writer [ChildOfGod]

Going through something similar, so this was great!