Written_In_Water

17
Christadelphian
INFJ
Hufflepuff
he/him
A better reader than a writer - but aren't we all?
If I like your writing then I will spam read it (sorry about that)
Joined July 8th 2021

"The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself. I will keep the law given by God...there I plant my foot" - Jane Eyre

If you've clicked on my page - Thank you! But if you want some much better stuff to read, turn around and go find these amazing accounts (they're all brilliant, so I put them in alphabetical order):

~rain~
Anne Blackwood
Bluebird Celtic
encapsulated_emotions
HeyThereRose
løne wølf
Odyssey
spectral
Stone of Jade
WrenBirdWrites

1 days, 2 followers and I'm already starting to see why social media ends up addictive...

11
I never had any kind of social media growing up.
If you're reading this then you probably just zoned out because I lost all relatability - and, though I've only had an account for a handful of hours I think I could be pretty confident in saying that what a lot of people look for in a piece of writing is relatability, seeing some shadow or reflection of themselves in the words of others that convince them that they're not quite as insane and alone as they thought.  
Getting back to my original point though, having had my account a few hours I stayed up till 2am so that I could write and publish a poem which subsequently elicited two comments of praise and won me two writers as followers. It was at that precise moment that I realised it was probably for the best I'd never been engaged in social media. You see - I'm of the widely held but universally disparaged opinion that my own thoughts are barely worth the paper I write them down on, so the opinions and comments of others always held a lot of sway over me. The seemingly rather insignificant fact then, that I received two likes for a poem, caused the almost universally recognised rush of dopamine associated with a certain degree of validation - because if you think about it, it means two complete strangers took the time to read my poem and, without the constraints of having to be nice because they are my friend, decided that it was good enough to want to leave a comment saying so. That was a weird sensation.
Anyway - there wasn't much point to this piece other than to say write the world seems like a brilliant platform and I hope that my poems can be enjoyed/be found relatable by someone, somewhere.
Some random ramblings to placate my boredom

• July 10, 2021 - 3:31am (Now Viewing)

welcome to wtw!! if you ever need anything don't be shy to reach out to me.i'm so happy that you like it here!!

• ghostyboi

i relate to this a lot. social media has become kinda a bittersweet addiction for me. i get validation which is nice, but then i start obsessing over numbers and craving more attention which isn't very healthy. it's all about finding a balance

Remember: It's okay to feel excited about people liking your work, but if it becomes an obsession or it feels like too much a part of your identity, it is totally acceptable to take a break.

• pidgin

As someone who actually just joined WtW a couple days ago, and doesn't have social media, this piece is really relatable and captured my feelings for how I felt when I first joined entirely.

• Enigmatic

I really relate to this. WtW is my first form of social media, and I took felt a rush of adrenaline when I received my first like and comment. When I first joined, I agonised over every piece, waiting to see if someone would like or comment on it. I'm glad I don't have any other social media, I think I'd go crazy. Thanks for writing such a relatable piece.

• encapsulated_emotions

this piece is so precious and honest! it was a good read, thank you for sharing your thoughts :)

• Just_A_Memory

Honestly, the title describes my initial thoughts when joining this platform, but the longer I was here, the more I felt like I’d just found a second home. Safe to say that I’ve got a couple of good friends here now!

Even if this piece was just kind of a Brian-blurb, I enjoyed it immensely. And I know I’m not the first, but welcome to WtW! :D If you ever need anything, just let me know <3