Kirstin

Ceiling Fan

From a rusted head of metal
Looming from a badminton court’s
Ceiling, neck creaking,
I glimpse a diligent baker: 
The weathered blades unravel winds, 
Flatter us like cream upon cake
Its airs make sweat feel sweet 
Toiling as we revel
in the icings of breeze 

• July 12, 2021 - 5:55am (Now Viewing)

• Kirstin

Re: Thank you for your encouraging comments! I’ll continue to write enjoyable pieces in WtW :)

• The_Sunrise_Queen

this is absolutely lovely. congratulations!

• ava_grace

Honestly tho ceiling fans are a lifesaver!

oof *your response :')

Wow, absolutely beautiful! Congrats on Wednesday Words!! Also, welcome to WtW! This is probably a bit of an overwhelming welcome haha. But, if you need help with anything, feel free to ask! (also, if you want to reply to someone's comment, just go into their profile, click on one of their pieces, and comment "re" with you response ;) )

• Avril

Oh this is so good! I was totally absorbed in this one moment, staring up into the ceiling fan and "revel(ing) in the icings of breeze". The analogy of the icing on the cake is just perfect! Brilliant job and congrats!!

Congrats on being featured, and welcome to the community! A tip that can help you start out is knowing that there isn't a built-in way to reply to comments here. The way we do that is to comment on a piece written by the person whose comment you want to reply to, saying "Re:" and then your reply. If you need anything, feel free to ask me. I'm pretty active on the site.

This is such a wonderful representation of a fan, you've done a great job!! Welcome to WtW!

• HighEntropy

Awesome work Welcome to WtW!!