Destiny_the_writer

Book worm and baker :)
16
Writing is my biggest passion <3

welcome to my messy mind

just a lactose intolerant who survives on an exclusive diet of pizza and ice cream

we’re calling this controlling what we can when things feel out of control- olaf

You are

you are a writer.
it is the simple truth that stops you heart every time you say it. It is the shadow you swear you see at 3 a.m when all is dark and you are alone. 
We both know there was never a shadow. There was a desperation for comfort. An all consuming need for company.
you are a writer.
and yet everyday as the sun sets you deny the seed blooming in your soul. Snowballing to a size that overtakes your bones. Everyday you explain to yourself explicit equations and geometric proofs. We both know that you are talking to an empty body void of passion. You teach the periodic table and the mysteries of DNA to a ghost. 
you are a writer.
you have admitted that about 3 times in the course of your sixteen years on earth. If you died today you will have spoken the only truth you have ever truly known, 3 times. 
you are a writer.
you know because everywhere you look are words, poems, stories. Because you cannot see the world without seeing those words, poems and stories. Because everyone has a story. But you are a story, written and published on your own. Because even if the mirror has shattered into a million pieces. Even if all anyone can see is a 'caution!' sign, you know it is your future. Your peace.
You are a writer.
and one day you'll put down the white lab coat. You'll walk out of that advanced physics class. You'll stop pretending. Stop allowing yourself to be a shell of your true potential. You will release the dove called doubt and let her fly free. You will write. Truly, exclusively. And you will be happy. Because 
You are a writer.
And now you have admitted that to yourself, your sole truth, 9 times.

• July 5, 2021 - 6:17pm (Now Viewing)

• nadyagarza

re - awww, thank you so much!

• Zirong

Oh my this is so relatable and riveting. I really adore the "you know because everywhere you look are words, poems, stories..." paragraph, and how you played with numbers is another big highlight of this amazing piece. This is definitely gonna be stuck in my head for some time. Looking forward to reading more from you :)

this is absolutely amazing. wow. so so powerful.
    /But you are a story, written and published on your own/
    ^^^LOVE this line

• ava_grace

Wow, I love this. Congrats, this definitely deserved Wednesday Words!

• nadyagarza

omg, this is just so gorgeously written!!!! it is so relatable, and i just felt it so much, congratulations on Wednesday words!!!! You totally deserved it!!!

• serein

om my word this is amazing! definitely deserved wednesday words. congratulations!

• Rachel Martinez

Congrats!!

• thebookishfey

this is amazing!! congrats!!

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

Wow. Powerful. Congrats!

So so gorgeous! What a powerfully beautiful piece <3 Congrats on Wednesday Words!!

• _streaks_of_stars_

omggg i love this!!!

• NewPoet

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!! It is how I feel about myself everyday, and this is incredibly relatable to more than just me I’m sure. CONGRATULATIONS !

• The_Sunrise_Queen

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

• The_Sunrise_Queen

this is... wow.
    this is so powerful, and I'm sure everyone on this site can relate to this... good job, this is amazing!

• River Rae

I actually teared up during this. I mean wow.

• wisteria

fmfiemdiedms SO GOOD OMG!! I love this!!