Lilygreen

Ridiculously self- pressured, hopelessly (and unsuccessfully) in love for three years, and scared to write the things that matter. And that’s me on a good day . Good luck.

“Here’s some advice- stay alive.” Haymitch Abernathy
“I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if ... But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”- Marilyn Monroe
“A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.”- Coco Chanel

Cutting Fruit

1
There was a girl cutting strawberries. She moved slowly, pushing her blade between the sweet flesh of each berry, letting the juice run down her hand. She licked her lips, as she regarded the inequities given to each fruit. Some were round, some short, others bumpy in odd places. There were the perfect ones and the not-so-perfect. Each nestled between her hand, prepared to face the knife. She let the sun cast over them, holding up a particularly large, misshapen brute of a berry. In the other hand, she held her blade. Then, she brought down her teeth into the succulent flesh of her fate. Her mouth lined with red and the juices cascading down her face... the berries watched her. And they laughed.

• Val <3

I never thought I'd be so interested in reading about how a girl cuts strawberries