Zirong

- INTJ
- CA Alumni
- typical Libra
- Ravendor
- author of 1 book
- tennis & track team
- animes!!!
- singing & song writing & flute
- a perfectionist and a dreamer :)

- CHECK OUT my gorgeous twin sister Starlitskies!!!

CHECK OUT ALSO my bestie&travel buddy&amazing poet Parisienne!!! And feel free to join our John Green Appreciation Society if you are also a fan of his amazing books!(and perhaps his Crash Course Series XD)

Dreamers can never be tamed :)

Currently reading: *Ariel* by Sylvia Plath - "Love set you going like a fat gold watch"

If you need a peer review just drop a comment under any of my pieces :)

Happy reading&writing~

Heisenbergian Love

11

where are you?
          where are you going?

every time I untie one knot,
the other is dead

like some black magic
     ancient curses coursing in my veins 

but I’m so sick of being the questioner
          so sick of trying in vain
            and continuing in pain

have you not been tired of 
                                                  this constant
                                                                      hide-and-seek

or should I ask — 

where is the end of this love,

this life,
        trapped in a game of chance

against physics

The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle implies that the more precise we measure the momentum of a particle, the less precise we know about the position of it, and vice versa.

I like how Alicia Sometimes puts it in her poem:

"if you are the electron—

you can either know where you are
or where you are going but not both

quantum particles elaborating on     

randomness"

This is the second poem in my Art&Science series. Y'all can read the first one here

Feedback really appreciated! Happy reading&writing! 

• June 26, 2021 - 5:22am (Now Viewing)

• V-Rose

Chapter 7 of Moonburn!

• Parisienne

I'm not sure how I missed liking and reading this piece, but it is so beautiful Zirong! I love your choices of language and how you so uniquely format your poems.
    re: I am so happy to be replying to you, your messages always make me smile so much :). I'm so sorry that covid cases are getting worse in your part of the world right now, please take care of yourself!! The situation is alright here for the moment, we have had all restrictions lifted so some people have really gone crazy with it, but I am hopeful that it will all be okay. Sending you love and hoping you are safe <3.
    I can't believe they are making you still do proper A levels after the academic years we have just experienced! Hopefully your situation may be similar to mine, I only found out that some of our syllabus had been cut about 3 weeks before my exams began. Although I hope it is not such a rapid switch for you (as my exams were chaotic) maybe they will cut some of your syllabus closer to the time that you will take your A levels?? Anyway, wishing you the best of luck no matter what happens and hoping it will all get better for you soon! Yes, the holidays are so exciting - I hope you enjoy them to the full :D.
    So sorry your tennis has been suspended but I hope it starts up again soon. I didn't watch wimbledon (honestly I am such a let-down as a brit; I don't drink tea, watch wimbledon or go to a private school - AM I EVEN ENGLISH haha). I'm sorry that your favourite player didn't win though...such a pity when the person you are rooting for doesn't pull through.
    Wow, you are so brave opting for uni's so far from home! Do you know what you'd like to pick as a subject to major in (I think that's how the US system works, right?). Good luck with all the application and finding the right one for you. My results day for A levels is on the 10th August and I am sooooooooo nervous to find out whether I can go to my dream uni or not! I visited it last week and, *gazes at the ceiling trying to find words to express how much she loves it* it was just PERFECT. The art department is a dream come true, I adore the campus and my books for English seem amazing. It's so exciting!
    I like the idea of staying on as a senior peer reviewer too, I think WtW will email us of how to apply for it before we leave. I really love this site, would be horrid to leave it.
    Wow being a CA sounds great, I am glad you enjoyed it so much. I was considering going in for it but at the moment (though I am on holiday) I don't have much free time and when I get to uni I will probably have even less. Maybe I'll try it at some point though. Can't WAIT to see your prompt when it comes out...any hints as to what it might be?
    Oooooh good luck with pursuing your internship, that's a really good idea! I am certain they will want you :). I'm loving working at the cafe...though they are actually closing down at the end of the summer. Just means I will have to look for a different summer job next year...or just work in the bookshop at uni!! Do you know which editorial office you'd like to try and intern in?
    The concept of AI and utopia is so interesting isn't it?! I bought my mother a book about it called 'Klara and the sun' and honestly the concept is just brilliant. It's basically a novel from a robots perspective, and every child is given a robot as a friend. I can see your professor's point, although the concept of robots sort of creeps me out (then again, I suppose we already sort of have them with robot hoovers and that sort of thing.) I think there should definitely be a global minimum wage and taxes on wealth to help people less fortunate. What is your view?
    OOooooh my utopia what an amazing question. I envision somewhere with total equality, where everybody gets a basic sort of home and an equal chance at life. I want homelessness to be a thing of the past, and for everyone to be able to easily access clean water and nutritious food. I envision a utopia where everyone is safe to be themselves, to create, where corruption is banished and hard work is rewarded. It would be something like my 'desert city' piece of writing that I published on here a while ago. I don't know how I would achieve all of this, so sorry if it doesn't answer your question. but this is my dream for the future. What does your utopia look like?
    I love our conversations, hope you are safe and happy Zirong. Look forward to your reply *hug*
    Becca <3

• musicforlife

Re: Thanks a lot!!
    My pleasure, looking forward to more work from you. Hope you have an awesome week:)

• V-Rose

I have a new chapter for Moonburn!

• Starlitskies

I am obsessed with this poem! You've simplified a complex principle so elaborately. Utterly mesmerising!

• Avril

ooh art and science, what a beautiful and poetic combination!! This is so well worded and I love the unique format. "this life, trapped in a game of chance/against physics" - that was fascinating and beautiful at the same time.
    And omg Zirong I have not been active at all the past month and it has been so long since we chatted! Can you believe our community ambassadorship was so long ago already?? How are you doing, any fun writing projects/ideas in your mind currently? And also I'm so excited to see everyone's prompts :)

• V-Rose

Hello! I have a new chapter for Moonburn!!! Hope you like it!

• løne wølf

such a unique piece! <3

re: thank you so much for your comment!! i'm doing okay, how about you? :)

• psithurism

re: Looking for Alaska is my favorite too. i've been doing pretty good. life without schedule is kind of messing with me though, so all these summer days are blurring together, lol. :)

• Jasmin khawar

Re: Thanks! I would love to watch it!

• Dragonfly

This is wonderfully written! I love how you connect physics with poetry, it's amazing!

• psithurism

i would LOVE to join your John Green Appreciation Society

• Jasmin khawar

Re: thanks! And no problem. Now that your exams are finished, I wish you a good luck for the results :D

Re: thank you! So glad you liked that poem, I was a little nervous about that one. Coming back and reading this poem again, its just still so good.
    Also, I don't think I've ever told you but I love your pfp!

• V-Rose

Hey-o! I have a new chapter of Moonburn for you guys!

Wow! I love the concept and you did it so well!

• Jasmin khawar

Stunning! I love the vibes this piece is giving me <3

• nikolowrites

this is lit!!

• livertransparan

Oh my God, this is gorgeous!