Anne Blackwood

17
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
XXFJ-T, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Last night I took down two posters and found 3 options for a new one to buy. I've been craving dyeing my hair, even though with how short it is, it'd grow out kinda quickly (any tips for a style that wouldn't look bad after growing out on a pixie cut?). And I'm back to entertaining the idea of getting a fake tattoo from inkbox (they last 1-2 weeks and look real). So basically I'm sick of routine and want to do the most rebellious things a sheltered basic kid can do. That and I'm back to dreaming of Tennessee (and/or Alabama n West Virginia), which is due in part to an old friend of mine moving to Tennessee.

Originally posted June 24th, 2021.

disfusive; fernweh and restless philosophy

46

midnight makes me rearrange my room, like
taking down posters
    will        redirect        my life
from the cycle of    a v o i d a n c e    it's become.

i miss mountains    growing beautiful things
from the    heart    of the earth.
    and i've never witnessed this, but
home doesn't have to be experienced
to be known.

when i think of someday,
my heart seems to need more     s p a c e
than before.

so i release it out,
    out
into the world, and
let it linger on
bits of beauty that it finds.
Disfusive is a word I created. Here are the definitions:

1. The state of feeling restless, hopeful, and confused about an indistinct future event, often when fearful or uncertain

2. A strong sense of wanderlust accompanied by an ingrained unwillingness to leave that which is comfortable

Fernweh is the German word for being homesick for a place you've never been. An English version of the word is "farsick".

• ava_grace

I love the sense of thoughtfulness I got from this. Congrats!

• The_Sunrise_Queen

wow... this is absolutely gorgeous! congratulations! I love the word you made up. that is now part of my vocabulary.
    wow... your language in this is just swell!

• doodleninja

re: <3333

• doodleninja

hey Anne! first off, absolutely beautiful poetry as always, you captured the essence of fernweh perfectly, and honestly i'm surprised "disfusive" isn't a word yet XD and second, you are a true gift to this website. each one of your pieces evokes such strong emotion and i'm so glad i get to read your writing! keep on being amazing! <3

• WrenBirdWrites

Congrats Anne!!

• A. Penderwick

This is gorgeous!

Thank you so much for all the love guys!! Yesterday was really rough for my health, but y'all made it better.

• one hundred forty-seven

Congratulations Anne!

• sophiacriesoverabook

this is incredible anne!!

• Tachi

this is literally so beautiful.

Wow, congrats Anne!! I'm so excited you got picked; it's about time you get some recognition here! This piece is absolutely gorgeous, and, as the sheltered youngest child, I totally get you. Congrats <333

• ~wildflower~

Ahhh, yay!! Congratulations Anne!!! This is just stunning, and ‘disfusive’? I wish I had the authority to add it to the dictionary because it’s such a beautiful word that I think a lot of people need! And I don’t know how you’ve done this, but I think the sound of the word fits the meaning perfectly. Lovely work <3

Oh my word!! i remember this piece! it def deserves a feature! So so well written and the word is perfectly created. amazing work my friend <3 ha and i totally feel that message box. the most rebellious thing ive ever done was buy a goldfish without parental consent lol

YESSSS congrats on the feature this is incredible!!!

• Renegade_Writer [ChildOfGod]

Anne. I'm nominating this for writer pick right now! It is gorgeous and I love it so much!!!!

replying: oohhh okay thank you so much. wow you gave me all the info i needed. looks like i'll read them as soon as i finish my little list haha.can't wait. thank youuu

oohh also i wanted to ask you, because i remember you said a few times that you read the lunar chronicles. and i was thinking about reading them but i wanted to know if they're that good and if the characters are well developed and if there is anything like innappropriate. and overall if its a good read that you feel invested in. please and thank you

replying: oh my gosh anne,you flatter me, i love you with all my heart too

also i love your word it sounds so satisfying and the meaning is so relatable i want to cry

okay your girl did some research and she hasn't ever had a pixie before so she doesn't know if this is the best option but a "shaggy bob" is cute and seems like it could work

literally don't know where that came from.

ahhh this piece is so good and girl i feel you so bad like you don't even understand. i say queen go do those things like GET UP AND GO BECAUSE YOURE COOL AND THATS WHAT COOL PEOPLE DO THEY GET UP AND GO

• ~madeline~

re: yeah it was kinda bad lol

• happygiggles

This is a gorgeous poem, and I love the word you created, such a smart concept! Reading this sent chills down my spine; this is magical. I get where you're coming from about being sick of routine; sometimes it is truly sickening living in the same never-ending cycle! I'm sure whatever way you do your hair, it will look great (:

Ooooh i love this! Beautiful word :)

• celestialbard

ooooo i love your new word!! I understand that feeling all too well and I love the way you've captured it

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

this is so agonizingly beautiful and relatable
    and i live for new words like disfusive. well, that and food. and laughter. and my bf. and Jesus. i'll stop rambling now.
    also those inkbox tats sound supercool!

• ~madeline~

I'm right there with you Anne. Last week I had this holy cow I'm going to be a junior and I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life moment. And then there's the fact that I just got my drivers license and im kinda freaking out. All in all I feel like time is passing way way way too quickly, and want to pause for the next ten years but I also want to be independent lol. Anyway, love love love the poem, and I def want to use 'disfusive' in the future. It's such a cool word. Sorry for my long and rambling comment lol. :)

Holy cheesecake I did not intend for that message board to be so long