HighEntropy

concerned deeply about climate change
fan of myths and superheroes

love to vent, love reading vent pieces <3

get my stuff banned more times than I'd like :'(

"I'm running away from my responsibilities
and it feels good."
- Michael Scott

questioning the system and then feeling helpless is a feature of the the teenage condition. so, apologies :)

21 Seconds

Sunsets and sunrises are getting dimmer every day.
I fear Aisha would never know what they look like, so I paint them for her every weekend. I could click a picture, but I want it to be more personal, I guess. The hospitals are so expensive nowadays, breathing seems like a rich man’s game. With every inhale sulfur dioxide enters our bodies, who knows if I’ll survive till Aisha’s all grown up to appreciate the beauty of sunsets, or even look at it. I’m spending most of my income trying to provide her with cleaner air, so she mostly stays insides. 

Aerosol injections are getting worse every day. The Rebels have tried to expose their truth and propose alternative solutions. The government tries to ban most of them and tries to intervene as much as possible to reduce their funding. I’ve applied Aisha into their training program so we can give her an early start as soon as the slots open.
The Opulent get much healthier injections in the suburbs, I’ve heard. Diamonds and what not. That’s why I work my butt off every single day. To get a better environment in the suburbs for Aisha.

I wrote a fake address on the application. But there’s someone knocking on my door. I’m paralysed for a few moments. I look through the peephole, and there is no one there. Maybe it’s my dad, I’ve been trying to contact him. I open the door, slowly. I see a shadow so I quickly hide behind the door again. My hand reaches for the nearest drawer. 

Shit. What have I done? I just killed two of their men... One of them’s Lana. She was my neighbour. We weren’t close. 
I can’t grieve over this right now. I need to go check on Aisha.
I run towards her room. I lift her blanket, scared. She's not there. 
She's gone.
I panic. My head is screaming. A million things run in my mind. I could text Ajay. Or teleport to Sandra's, but i don't have her address. I pin her house so the machine can find any portals nearby. Ok, i just need her confirmation. I look up as my call transfers to my headset. 
"We're coming for you."
It was written in blue silicon. It may be a massive hunt for all Rebel applicants, and they were using their new humanoids to kill all potential Rebels.

WHY ISN'T SANDRA PICKING UP?
She had applied her son Zion into the program. Zion is a 6 year old and a bit too smart for his age. I couldn't let it happen to him as well.

Ok, she picked up. I tell her to confirm my portal. She does. It is a beta version, a little shaky. I had some potash-water to regain strength. I signalled Sandra to protect Zion in her basement. 

They're here. I have a deactivator in my hand. It works for 21 seconds, but it won't work for the chips implanted in their heads.
I push the button. 
21 seconds. 
I've been waiting to test my prototype. I pull the trigger and it makes a hole in their suits. Then the targeted grenades do the work.
Bulletproof outfits may not be punctured by bullets, but hi-laser guns, new weapons I'd crafted for the Rebels, do the trick. These grenades Sandra designed are truly precise. Not a spot of damage to her walls! 

I don't enjoy a second of this. These are my people, being mind controlled. It pains me to think I could have been one of them.

Ok. Time to use the blue grenades. Hope it works.
I throw them at the drones. Mind you, these drones are not your average size. These are almost UFO-like. Yeah, the mystical objects my grandma would tell me stories about.
Shit! It didn't work. The drones can teleport. But they will get delivered to some address. 
I run to the basement. But the drones have already taken Sandra's life. My eyes are fixated on Zion. I need to save him.
I destroyed the portal so that more of them can't reach here. 
I throw more grenades. They've teleported to some other place. But they can't come here now.
I pick up Zion in my arms. He's unconscious, and extremely lucky. The venom didn't get to him. 
He is going to be an amazing Rebel. 
We are going to get revenge for Sandra and Aisha. We'll fight.