Stuck in a Dream

I love reading, writing and drawing.
Loves Music & Movies
Explorer
Dreamer
Artist
Writer
Narcoleptic
Cancer
Female
Year 11

The Unexpected

2
It was not until today that she truly realized the unpredictability of life itself, that you never really know what going to happen next. One minute your cheerful and having fun with your family, but the next your crying as you watch your own funeral from a distance sight. Life sure does have a way of surprising you. She could feel the tears forming in her eyes, making their way down her cheek and onto her pale rosy lips filling her mouth with the taste of salt. Strong gusts of wind blew her short cinnamon curls across her face, the frost in the air making her shiver. Icy cold snow squelching loudly beneath her feet, snow drifting down from the light blue sky coating the ground platinum white. It was the right thing to do she told herself, to keep them safe. But if it was right why did it hurt so much to see them all like that? Like her still-beating heart had been ripped from her chest, keeping her alive just so she could suffer. There her family stood watching with despair as the glossy maple casket was lowered into the ground. Her little sister Abbey had her face buried deep in her mother's arms, wailing in agony. But it didn't matter now, there was nothing she could do for them. They would make it through this, they where better off thinking she was dead.

• Rose Beta

"Like her still-beating heart had been ripped from her chest, keeping her alive just so she could suffer. "
    OMG. I loved this!!