mindfruit (semi-active)

he/him | taiwanese-vietnamese
15
Catholic
basketballer and pianist
artist (sometimes)
community ambassador alum
Sanderson, McMann, and Messenger

est. July 7th, 2020

A little busy with school and feeling under the weather currently, will try to pop in when I can!

Be sure to check out:
~Rohan's Defender (awesome writer and awesome person! should seriously consider becoming a motivational speaker)
~Anne Blackwood (my wtw mom, one of the finest poets on this site!)
~FantasyOtter12 (a daily source of laughter and good emotional feels!)

Say hi if we haven't met!
Say hi if we have met!

whispers into the abyss (one year anniversary!)

12
I dreamt of a night where the stars glowed bright
and your breath was as soft as gold
our hair laced with silver, the moon's little sliver
we watched the night grow old

till the sun rose over an ocean of ink
the sleeping mountains and trees
over memories of the past, the tears and the laughs
and the days we never got to see

the night was over and the leaves of the clovers
were coated in morning dew
we blew a kiss good-bye to the times that blew by
I'm happy I found my place here with you
hey ya'll! just came back from my camp, and was rummaging through my drafts when I found this piece. I wrote the first two stanzas in June, and wrote the third one in July. Hope you enjoy! 

I also want to thank everyone who helped me get to this point in my writing career. It's crazy that it's been a year since I first started writing on this site, and while things have changed a bit, I find myself coming back to this community again and again. So thank you all :)

I'm not gonna give shoutouts because I don't want to leave anyone out. The people who played an especially large role in my time here, you guys know who you are.

And if you're new to the site, drop by and say hi! I like meeting new people :)

• July 19, 2021 - 4:24pm (Now Viewing)

Re: Thank you! And I love that analogy. Lets me know that I was able to be subtle and impactful at the same time, which is really cool.
    Wow!! That is SO cool. I've never been on that continent lol. Epic that you got to experience that.

Hold up what's this about Africa that Eden's talking about *that emoji with the two eyes looking like ooooh*

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: Hi, Connor, thanks so much for checking in! How are you?
    Thank you for the comment on my piece; it’s always so encouraging when my writing can lift someone up a bit. Also thank you so much for the shoutout on your bio. It means a lot to me. :)
    To be honest, I’ve had kind of a rough past few weeks, but I’m doing okay now. I’m trying to take advantage of the last little while before I start back to school. But enough about me, how was Africa?

Re: CONNOR omigosh I'm in my hair salon rn and trying not to start SOBBING ilysm thank you buddyyyyyyyyyy <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Re: Yeah! It took me a little time to get into a better mindset, but I've had plenty of time in lockdown haha. Ahh I get that though! I guess it just means more time to write!! Thanks, same to you!!

• ~rain~

Re: haha thanks!! it was a dream come true for me :)

anyway how are you?? It’s been a while since we’ve spoken

Re: Thank you!! And you're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed camp. I had a pretty good time at mine too.

replying: thank you so much!

re: thank you! I witnessed the best CA's in action, so it's huge shoes to fill :)
    Camp sounds so nice! I've never been to residential camp, only day ones, and nothing outdoors, music workshops sometimes, and one robotic one way back in third grade, but I want to attend one maybe next year if I can find one!!
    Yess I'm done with my exams for the month haha, have another set next month, and then half-yearlies in September :/ But I'm going to enjoy what exam-less time I have right now!!
    I hope you had a wonderful day!!

ahhh connor this piece is so beautiful. you bring the scene to life with such history and emotion.
    i'm so happy you joined wtw.you're so talented and are such a gift to this community. you're always so supportive:)

Wow! The rhyme scheme, the rhythm, the imagery... I love this piece! And you (/p)! How did camp go? I'm leaving for my own camp tomorrow actually. And eek so happy you've been here for a year.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Heyy! What’s up, bud? It’s so so great to see you active again. How was camp?
    This piece is amazing too! I love the rhythm and rhyme, and I’m with FO that I think it is one of my favorites of yours too. The imagery is phenomenal. “Our hair laced with silver/the moon’s little sliver” was my favorite part, I think. And the last line. Absolutely beautiful. So congrats on a whole year! You really have been a bright light in this community, and I hope you’ve gotten as much support back as you’ve given to everyone else.

Ahhh one year! You're such an integral part of wtw, I'm glad you're here! Here's to many more years to come :)
    How was camp?

a whole year! here's to many more, wtw is such a special place. <3

Honestly this is one of my favorite pieces I've ever seen you write on this site, and I'm so glad we've made it a year here together already!!! Happy one year! :)