Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

love is an echo

-
take me and cut me out in little stars
-

orion's belt

34

-- to my stars --

i hate to see you hurting;
    for you the sunset weeps in pale pink
and veils the moon with mist-streaks.
    may i take your hand? if i can
i'll walk you to a resting place
    and your world can disappear.
you don't have to force a smile to your eyes
    (the sky is dark, it hides what you want
to hide).

let me be your garden, love, i'll protect you
    within my walls, let you forget
the world until you're ready to face it.

-- from the sky --

6.7.2021

• løne wølf

this has such a whimsical and ethereal vibe to it, especially the lines "for you the sunset weeps in pale pink / and veils the moon with mist-streaks"!

re: PBSPBHPSDHBSPDH thank you so much for your comment!! it literally made my day, i'm so honored to have been noticed by you :)

• marsverse

wonderful job on this! i really needed the warmth and safety this gave me at the moment, thanks a bunch. in addition, i loved: "the sky is dark, it hides what you want to hide". once again, brilliant writing. <3

(thank you for the wonderful comment by the way! appreciate it. <3)

• rmssmr

Re: thank you so much for the comment, and I'm so glad you liked my poem!

This piece is so soft and beautiful :)) I especially like the lines
    "for you the sunset weeps in pale pink
    and veils the moon with mist-streaks."

• Wisp

The whole feel of this piece is just so cozy and warm, like a mother's embrace or a lullaby. Just the ambiance of it is serene and I can't help but smile reading this. It evokes such soft imagery, the patting of a baby's back as it sleeps, the creaking of a rocking chair, the light filtered through the blinds, the dust settling floating in the sun, it's just so soft and comfy. I just feel so embraced and homey in this piece and I adore that. I love how your words carve into my heart and imprint themselves there, I love how you make me feel your words through and through, and I love how every time I can't help but fall irrevocably in love with them time and time again. Gorgeous my darling constant :)

replying: aww thank you sooo much, that means so much.i'm so happy you liked it:)

• Jasmin khawar

This is SO comforting. I'm trying to sleep but having nightmares, and this comforted me right now! This is so lovely and gorgeous! <33

• woolfie

Shit!!! It's sooo damn good!! :33

• The_Sunrise_Queen

uuuggghhh I LOVE YOUR WRITING a;sdkjf ;alsdj;fvhwsio;gvknxmjlwaoigj.fkld, this is sooo incredibly beautiful! I love "for you the sunset weeps in pale pink" oh my gossshhhh

• beth r.

" (the sky is dark, it hides what you want
    to hide)." ahhh this is amazing. love this piece- it has this really comforting aura.
    re: lol thankssss

• In Which Yaya Writes

Oooh, this is so beautiful! And when you realize it's the sky talking to the sun, mmm! O love this. I agree with Busssy.Beee, it does feel motherly and genuine. Great job!
    Replying: Oh my gosh, thank you so much! You're so nice! I didn't win the comp, which is disappointing, but you know, you win some you lose some. Thanks!

• Busssy.Beee

Oh gosh.... Cyn!!! This is so beautifully marvelous. I absolutely love the idea of the message between the sky and the stars. The feel is so motherly and genuine, just utterly splendid. I can't help but love your diction, for it just is so, so elegant ahahahha!!

Re: oh me chocken, i am so sorry for this late, late, late reply :/
    i suppose you're out of school now? yayayay!!
    wait, you act in musicals? ahh!! do you know you're script and role already? it sounds like much, much fun!! i would love to know how it goes!! ooh, and theater camps? what do you do in the camps? like learn how to act? nonetheless, i hope you have the absolute best time!! and i hope that also applies to your camping trips!! :))
    oh hahahh!! have they been growing well this season?? ooh, your carrots are so luxurious lol, mine are like dead compared to yours hahahah. yeah same!! it's started suddenly burning and scorching recently (like to the point where you're like roasted 2 minutes without shade :p) do you prefer the cold?ooh, yeah i hate it too when the air feels so sticky :(( i hope you have an amazing start to the weekend!! <3<3

re: thank you ell! leave on sunday i cant believe ittttttt itll be great and i want you to leave little comments whenever you feel like it, telling me about your day or your thoughts, whatever. that will be so lovely to come back and find because u always make my day. in other words, how do you know hiking boots are broken in? <3<3<3

• julia.vasyakin

i don't even think I can express how beautiful this is to me. "let me be your garden love, i'll protect you within my walls" just wonderful. and the message to readers too. just amazing ugh i cant even

• pluto-

this is brilliant. (idk what else to type).

• rwong

re: OMG REALLYYYYYY????? mwahaha its called i hAvE pSyChIc pOwErS. (jk i wish though lolll) dude ok now that i guessed them correctly i think i officially have permission to be shipped to mn to meet them. (and you ofc!)
    yessss when i hit my growth spurt i literally needed new clothes so often but i hate hate hate shopping so i just kept wearing them until my parents were like "ok we're dragging you to the mall" so XD ok wait the not wanting to buy clothes but complaining you have none is literally the most relatable thing EVER
    aw no don't worry about not checking ur email often enough haha i'm v inconsistent w replies and stuff lol like i keep saying "i'll check that tonight" and promptly forget *sighhh*
    yesss naming bikes! i actually didnt name my bike...i'll see it's brand and try to come up w one LOL
    omgggg im so excited for your book to come outttt dude i'm 100% gonna buy it ahhh that's so exciting and this summer??? i cant wait!!! and new content too!!!!!! lmk when it's out cause imma hop onto amazon the moment i receive the news :D
    my weeks been pretty good...pretty basic i'd say cause its just fitting summer hw, music theory, and practicing piano into the day bc i have the exams coming up (theory + piano) and i need to study...and then in the afternoon i have work w the doggos so its like how to squish my schedule LOL oh anddddd i found out the library's open for browsing (not for sitting down and reading though) but thats super exciting!!!! i borrowed like 6 books but been kinda busy btwn all the things i need to do but hopefully over the weekend it'll be a bit better (cause no work on fri, sat, sun haha) and so i can finally readddd im so exciteddd
    anyway yes and right back to you--have a wonderful day, my friend!!! <3 <3 <3
    p.s. cola and all the other doggos say hi to tully and finn! Doggo (yes there's a dog named "doggo"...jumped up on my shoulders and asked me to tell you he sends a big big hug to you. and a kiss, although there was a mask LOL <3

• | rosi willard |

re: lMAOOOO i knowwww

• rwong

re: hiiiiii how was thine first day of summer? hope it went well :D
    omg no that doesnt sound creepy at all haha yes yes that seriously sounds really fun!! do you wanna exchange emails/connect somewhere out of wtw to make it easier? lmk your thoughts ofc dont wanna seem v forward and all so yea!
    haha well congrats on surviving econ this year!!! dude that sounds wayyyy too smart for me lol i was stuck w algebra 2 (*sigh*)
    omg lol sameeee everytime i clear out my room i find like a thousand shirts im just hoarding and i just donate it all and i feel so productive and then i dont buy anything else but then like a year later i find another 50 shirts? like what-- i dont think shirt donations work this way but apparently it does LOL
    ooo yes yes i read the book!! our school did it as a play so i didnt know theres a musical! oooooo good luck (break a leg!) in the audition--i hope you get the role you want as well!!!
    yes yes the doggos there are so cuteeee they're like huge and i'll go in to their kennels to fill up their water bowls (they do boarding/day care so gotta refill their water) and they're super happy to see you and they'll jump up and put their hugeeee paws on my shoulders (cause again, im shOrt) and like give me a bear hug. its the cutest thing ever loll. (ofc i hafta do the dirty work, clean up after the dogs, etc but like THEYRE SO CUTEEEE) awww tullyyyy she seems super high-energy and cuddly at the same time, makes me think she'll run around the yard and do zoomies and jump and get buried in the snow and hten run into the house super dirty and try to be a lap doggo and then i think finn is just super chill, he's probably like "bruh tully pls get off of me...i just wanna sleep. my old bones cant handle you" LOL . tell me if i got any of that right cause at this point im just imagining haha
    sending love, as always!! enjoy your summerrr!!! <3 <3

• | rosi willard |

• Rose Beta

"let me be your garden, love, i'll protect you
    within my walls, let you forget
    the world until you're ready to face it"
    Just amazing. You got me gripped since the first line.

• crystalline•galaxies

re: thank you, dear!

• NewPoet

This is beautiful!!!

• Coeur

Gorgeous poem!

re: ;) hi i wrote something! its exciting because havent done that in a while! <3

• Yellow Sweater

Re: THank you so much!!! I am very excited:) I am going to get to publish a book!

• rwong

oomggg this is so beautiful ell ughhhh howwwww it's literally so gorgeous like "for you the sunset weeps in pale pink / and veils the moon with mist-streaks." and "you don't have to force a smile to your eyes / (the sky is dark, it hides what you want / to hide)." and also the whole last stanza omg this is so beautiful ell.
    ok uh i literally just copy and pasted the piece into this comment so ermmm yea sorry about that but i really really really love this whole thing. and also i just wanna appreciate the formatting bc its just so fitting ahhhhhh aklsjdf;a;sldkfj
    re: lol ok i was literally gonna delete that part or like rewrite it but 1) brain-thoughts at night (or at anytime, for that matter) are literally non-existent (see above comment if you want an example) and 2) i figured you'd understand hahahaha and you did! so thank you for that :D and yep i so agree i feel like we'd talk as though we've been childhood friends and like known each other for forever haha
    i'd so love to go camping with you please dooooo
    hehe just got boba today :) as i said, my family basically runs on boba cause its that amazing LOL oh and also seriously just saying if you come to ca and happen to visit me you should visit mir too (*wink wink*) and we can all get boba together!!!! ok yes i've revised your bucket list now hehe
    well by the time you see this it'll be 1 day left, and maybe you'll be done already, so either you can do it!! i'm rooting for you from across the country <3 or congrats on finishing freshmen year!!!!!!! ooooo yes rearranging the room and changing room decor. i should probably do that haha i have so much junk which i tend to keep for "memories" but then i forget the reason why i have it in the first place but i'm just too clingy to let go, yk?
    oooo which musical? lmk how it goes!!!
    yep this is my 2nd week of summer (we end the week before memorial day which was actually really late this year but oh well haha) sooo been catching up on all the sleep i missed during the school year and doing summer hw (plenty to do ughhh) and piano and music theory exams are coming up...yea just stuff like that. pretty typical. i'll be starting volunteering at this doggo training site where they also do daycare and boarding and stuffs like that so im kinda excited cause more doggos!!!!! ok haha i think this is a vvv long comment (hopefully you're not too overwhelmed, if you are sorry!!) and yea! luv you!! <3 <3 <3

• crystalline•galaxies

yes, mythology!!! i love the formatting of this piece — it really gives the impression of a night sky. stunning work here, dear.

• Cosmogyral

re: you might call me crazy, but fo you remember i kept teasing my metaphor fr the usage of stars throughout my first collection? well the secret was; the khamoidao are star thieves; the stars are meant to be everything that could plague a person negatively, and they will steal it from their 'sky', or memory. I found humans to be fickle, mad when they received help, so i wrote the concept. <3

• (sk)eyesofocher

Um, yes. Beautiful^^

• Cosmogyral

i read the heading and my first thought was 'oh no they did not!(positively)' then i started squealing (irl) and reading further and paisley babe, this is a masterpiece, it is inefferable!

awwww i love this!
    re: yesss zombie! i'm doing better now, just have a headache. haha, yeah i don't know if your sister's boba counts. yes, it's summmer! crazy. hey, also listen to "at the bottom of everything" by the bright eyes just discovered their music and i love. the song is like so depressing and strangely hopeful and beautiful and we're going to a party, it's your birthday party ahhhhhhh you'll see what i meannnnn! have great day! <3<3<3

• Yes_iKnowimShort

re: IKRRRRR
    also beautiful piece