Lilygreen

Ridiculously self- pressured, hopelessly (and unsuccessfully) in love for three years, and scared to write the things that matter. And that’s me on a good day . Good luck.

“Here’s some advice- stay alive.” Haymitch Abernathy
“I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if ... But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”- Marilyn Monroe
“A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.”- Coco Chanel

A Masked Ball

1
She’s staring at me. I can feel her eyes glued in the back of my head. And yet, if I move, I let myself be open. No, I must hide, hide in this mess of tuxedoes and ball gowns and mindless chatter that I wish could mask me forever. And then I see the warnings. A hand clasped on my shoulder, a hand clasped on hers’. Two identical faces of shock. One idiot blathering introductions. I lock eyes with her and she looks away first. Out invisibility assures, I smile and offer her my hand. 
“Nice to meet you, my name is Clairvoyant Person. Who might you be?” She smirks, grasping at my words. “Idealistic Lover,” she says, “A pleasure.” And then we both make our excuses, let the stuffiness and formality return... and we are once more safe in our masks of anonymity, safe in this dreaded masquerade.

• Just_A_Memory

"Clairvoyant Person" "Idealistic Lover" "let the stuffiness and formality return" What a simple moment that ended as quick as it began. Beautiful work!