Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

happy pride month :) got a healthy dose of gay longing just in time lol... celebrate with me; let me know if you write something pride-related this month and i'll come check it out!! :D love you all!

want to know what i wished for? || happy pride!

31

can you please lace
your little finger around
mine, i want to hear you
laugh again; can you be
more than just my friend?
can you please watch me
and squint your eyes like
you're smiling just a little
on the inside? can you please
teach me how to read you
so the times when you don't
want to speak i know your
mind, can you tell me
the names of the stars you
see? the sky is ours
if you want it to be.
can you please be chilly
so i can give my sweater to you;
just wait to give it back until
the fabric smells like you?
more than that, can you
love me? i know it's not easy
but we can go slowly. 
can you please slip your hand
into mine and laugh just
one more time?

6.1.2021

• rosemarywisdom

happy pride month!! Your poem is just beautiful - it's like it fits beautifully into place, like entwined hands :')

Re your comment on LaVerne & Shelley: yes, ofc I will be posting more! And if you're curious about the title, it originated as a Mary Shelley tribute (current obsession: all things Mary and all things Frankenstein.). I thought it was BEYOND cool how she wrote the novel that redefined the genre of science fiction at only eighteen, and (as a fellow teenage author) I really saw a lot of myself in the preface (which she also wrote) to my extended edition of Frankenstein. It started as bringing Mary to the modern age, but then it just kind of... expanded to become this convoluted mystery of sorts. There's a lot of nods towards Romantic poets like Coleridge and Blake, and I even had to create my own ciphers based on poems! It's fun. I'm seeing where it goes :)

• Mespotz

Love your new avatar! It looks beautiful :p

June's the best month not just because of my birthday lol

• Jason_claire :)

replying- I am so not good with all those clever technology bits that turn out awesome, haha. You're welcome, and aw, thank you :)P

• Jason_claire :)

I love the gentle rhyme and flowing story. It's like water trickling down a window. Also, I love how you put a rainbow backdrop behind your pfp :)
    replying- Haha, yeahh . . . .

re: whatttt ok read shell's comment never had boba, elliot?! that is not acceptable u must try it! today im feeling sluggish, bit down cause got my 2nd covid shot and i did not take it well. better than some of my friends, tho, who've thrown up and fainted (ok also fainting is so romantic... maybe not in practice but definitely in idea). how r u?? <3<3<3

• rwong

re: lollll ok i feel v ignorant and oblivious now but also i've never been so like i guess it was expected on my end haha. ok yes i think you should just take control of my bucket list and just add whatever you want to it; i'm sure it'll all be awesome haha.
    haha yes honestly ell if you ever come to northern ca you should def tell me cause i genuinely would like to meet you irl :) ok that sounded kinda creepy rereading but i think you know what i mean. (hopefully at least) okok yes and bonus points if you bring tully and finn cause then we'll literally just spend sunset on the beach w doggos and pictures and watching the sun slip behind the horizon and it'll be so funnnnn. OMG YOUVE NEVER HAD BOBA??? we are definitely fixing that how in the world do you live without boba lol...i live like a 20 min walk away from this little plaza that has like 4 boba shops and at one point my family and i were getting boba every other day (probably not the healthiest but i mean *shhhhhh*) and yes ok that is the first thing on YOUR bucket list now. the moment you step foot in the sf airport (or the san jose airport) and assuming i'm there, i will drag you to a boba shop. that is your official first stop in ca LOL
    anyway in all seriousness though, how are you my friend? are you on summer break yet? any plans for the vacation? sending all my love as usual, shell <3 <3 <3

• Charles Oleander

re: hehehe thank you for your continued support on my works, they don't get a lot of traction but when you send your comments they always make my day!

maybe this is a bit of an odd question, but do you have an idea of how to grow an audience here? I won that thing a while back and I'm still reaching very little people >w<
    apologies if that came off as a bit too arrogant or like, attention seeking eheh, i write because i love it but it does get a bit discouraging to post sometimes ehehe

• crystalline•galaxies

re: thank you <3
    (btw this piece is so sweet)

• bugboy

re: howdy kiddo, thanks for the welcome :)

Re: Ack thank you!! I can't really talk about it much rn, but it's kinda just the fact that MB and I would be doomed if we ever began, but I love him and I'm actually starting to believe him when he's said that he really loves me and blech it's a rollercoaster. I appreciate you. <3

• Charles Oleander

re: (tumblr - shhhhhhh)

lovely background, blue! how are you feelin today? im doing good... had my advisory for lunch in the backyard and that turned out to be really fun. played basketball, apples to apples, ate, hung out. tomorrow is graduation! still cant believe it... hehehe then summer and camp and school again and life goes fast. <3<3<3

• only_a_mirage (bird)

re: thank you!!! yes (very) small steps lol but i did have tea and cornbread tonight so that was really nice

• nopenopenope

re: haha i've been really inactive too, a break during the summer i guess. and it's so cool you're school's ending now! i have class from monday, and i am not looking forward to it.

as for gender and sexuality, as i said in my previous comment, i'm still figuring it out. i'm pretty sure i identify as female, but with my sexuality, i keep trying to figure it out, but never get anywhere..... i mean, i've had one crush on a guy (might still have it, but that's a whole other story, which i can tell you in a whole other comment, but not now). but i've-- i really don't know how to word this.... it's kinda like finding out what you're good at. you could be a really great dancer, but if you've never danced in your life, you'll never know.... i've never really been able to say "okay, I like her", or "i like them".

hehe this was a long comment. I hope you have a good day Paisley, i'm off to sleep now!

• only_a_mirage (bird)

re: :)

• only_a_mirage (bird)

re: thank you so much!!! i meant the scars figuratively, like a scarred memory or something but ill be sure to add the tw incase the admins take it down

• only_a_mirage (bird)

re: thank you so much!!! honestly something that made me happy today was you being so amazing so thank you so much!!!

• only_a_mirage (bird)

re: lol happy pride to you to!!!

• only_a_mirage (bird)

re: no yeah its fine whatever you want to call me lol. i do have irl friends that i talk to but its really hard for me.. yeah if someone at school or a friend really knew the extent of it it would prob be better. also "i'm proud of you :) you're really strong and you're going through a lot, but you're making the best of it, you know? you're reclaiming your life, as you wrote in a piece yesterday. i really admire that :)" i think im going to cry now lol you are so nice, thank you so much that means so much to me. also yes im definitely going to try to do something good for myself today im not so great at that but tea is definitely a go-to, especially mint tea. again thank you so so so much for being there for me, it really means so much to me. (not me going to the bathroom to cry happy tears) <3<3<3 also if you ever need someone to talk to you can always come to me, i also do not mind long rants lol (prob because thats all my mind is rn) but ill always be there if you need any help or someone to talk to

• only_a_mirage (bird)

re: thank you so much!!! i do actually really need someone to talk to im having a pretty hard time with my recovery and things like that. im also really bd at talking about it but ill definitely try. its just been really hard to be diagnosed and do exposures and pretend everythings fine at school and not even feel safe in my own house (not because of my family, its just my anxiety) and have to "protect" my family with my compulsions and then also realize the mental state im in where im not even taking care of myself. wow ok sorry for venting that was probably a lot lol. i=again im just really bad at talking about this or actually getting help for myself but thank you so much it means so much to have someone to talk to

• rwong

aww this is so sweet <3 <3
    re: (late. again. sorryyyy) ikkkk never been camping or fishing it's crazy cause i tell people that when they ask and they look at me like i grew a third eye or smth. i mean like, i guess i dont blame them? dude ok it took me like 1 full minute to figure out what "boundary waters" are lol i think my ability to geography has fallen asleep hahaha WAIT ONCE A YEAR?? sneak me into your suitcase pleaseeee (dont worry im v short hahaha) and as for fishing...well i guess its just my parents dont know how and never cared to teach us??? idk anymore LOL haha trust me, if our family lived in mn we would def not go fishing so im sure we'd prove it's possible.
    ooooo ok yes if you came to ca...lets see ok i'm from norther ca so like near san francisco ish so ofc i'd hafta bring you there!! theres so much to do in sf like ofc the actual city and then golden gate bridge (tbh ok its not like...THAT impressive cause it literally looks like a normal orange-reddish bridge but i mean its like iconic so you cant not go if you come) and then golden gate park!! oh and there's a lot of museums and weird cool shops in sf so we'd start really early in the morning and go all the way until late and even then we probably wouldnt go to much of the city. lets see and then i would bring you to eat fast food bc in-n-out and chick-fil-a. thats literally all my relatives from canada come down for (other than seeing us LOL) and thennnnn idk im realizing how boring it is here haha i guess i'd bring you to a beach for sunset (cause the water's literally freezing--if you want warm water go to souther ca) and if you happened to bring finn and tully it'll be a doggo friendly beach :D i've been to a few quieter and prettier ones and theyre so niceeee ok and then uhhhh idk we'll go for boba cause theres so many boba shops here lol. anyway i feel like thats a v boring rundown of a trip to ca but yea!! if you ever come...it'd be so cool if i met you irl haha
    have an amazing morning (and rest of your day!!!) <3 <3 <3

hey paisley! firstly, happy pride month! i love this so much, but then again, i love all your writing <3

happy pride month! i'm late, i know i know, but the last few days were busy school wise (i'm about to officialy start a new academic year, and i needed to get my summer work done and uploaded. still working on that) so i wasn't very active (actually, i was really inactive the last month).

anyways, i tried writing something, but my writers block coupled with the fact that i'm just not sure of who i am myself probably spoiled this piece haha, but i'd love if you could check it out! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/236874/version/503247

goodbye for now, and i hope you're having a wonderful day! now i'm off to read this again :)

• Busssy.Beee

<3<3

re: yeahh, i think so :)) tysm! oh me chicken, you're so close to finishing freshmen year ahh!! im hoping for all the best!! hmm, for summer school, i have debate for the next two and a half weeks, and then computer music for the three weeks after that. do you have any sort of summer school, or summer plans?
    wowowow, your mom seems like a very devoted gardener haha! ooh, raised beds. those always seems so neat and organized :)) and yess!! i love cucumbers and carrots too; though, my sister only likes them with like hummus and stuff. oh and last time, my family attempted to grow carrots, what happened was: uhm, the leaves were extremely long, but the actual root was shorter than pinky size lol. so, that entire batch was a complete failure ahah! and watermelons!! that's perfect for the summer!! speaking of summer, is it hot over in mn? hehe, i will try!! <3<3 have a wonderful morning!! (i think that's when you'll be reading this hahah)

• crystalline•galaxies

love the pfp <3

• only_a_mirage (bird)

:(

• the little penguin

replying: tysm!! and of course i'll let you know when i finish part 2!

• nopenopenope

• sci-Fi

"can you please /teach me how to read you / so the times when you don't / want to speak i know your / mind, can you tell me / the names of the stars you / see?"
    happy pride!!!!

• celestialbard

'the sky is ours / if you want it to be' is such a beautiful line in such a beautiful poem oh my gosh
    Happy Pride Month!!

• Emily Jasmine

Happy pride month!

And thank you so much :)

• Nikki

omg loving this gurl! you did such a beautiful job <3
    yay happy pride to you too! awesome pfp :)

• Jasmin khawar

I love this so much! This flows so well.
    And happy pride month <33

• woolfie

This piece is so cute, happy pride month to u<3
    Re: I'm glad u liked it

eyyyy i'm guessing it did work! loving the pfp it looks so cool!

• Yes_iKnowimShort

re: Yeah she is a good friend lol she's one of those people that your always laughing with XD

re: yeah, blah sickkk its been a while since ive had a cold (ha, 15 months or so) and its gotta hit you hard after our immune systems basically shut down . well send ing love and good thoughts and make it a good day! <3

• The Coy-Fish

This is cute. Happy Pride month to you to!

• Yes_iKnowimShort

Re: I'm glad you liked it XD Also, I love this piece- its soooo good omg

ahhh sweet and smiley but also raw. flows so smoothly i love. happppy prideee monthh to you, tooo! <3<3<3

• nopenopenope

ack this is gorgeous.

• Melancholy Celestial

Wow, Ell, this is fantastic! I could c/p my favorite parts but ya know, that would be the whole thing, so... Just gotta say I love this! Keep writing!
    Ps: HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!!!!

• alwayswriting

Re: thank you for your comment, happy pride month <3

• The_Sunrise_Queen

oh my gosh this is stunning

• psithurism

re: oh dang wow, haha

re: tysm!! ik there are ways for you to apparently photoshop a rainbow flag over your current pfp? but i don't have photoshop and i was too lazy to get it so rip

ahhh all the tender feelings i wanna hold to my chest and never let go. happy pride month!! i'll take ALL the gay longing haha ;D

• AspenbytheOcean

This was beautiful and really cute!
    Re: Thanks for your comment! I hope you have a great summer too, and hopefully I'll be back soon!

• agathokakological

this is amazing -- the emotion you poured into this piece is raw and beautiful. it flows so smoothly, and I really enjoyed reading it. Happy Pride!