barelybear

she/her, INFJ-A
musicals
fantasy/dystopian fiction
piano
life goal = becoming fluent in le français
☕️
est August 2020
community ambassador alum :D
Lmao at being 17
the squirrel is back!!

Beauty comes in all different shapes and sizes:
small, large, round, square ... stuffed crust, crispy, extra cheese ...

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Writing4Life: The Adams to my King George

My big sis, the potato fanatic and utter genius: Parisienne <3

Feel free to comment a piece if you want a review - I actually love writing them haha ;)

Has anyone read A Swim In A Pond In The Rain? (by George Saunders)

SHEPHERD’S PIE AND TEA! c:
Have an amazing day!

Library

PROMPT: Place Poem

20
shelves and shelves of magazines and films 
and books — where wood and paper meet, a symphony,
each disc scratched senseless, each page thumbed
but mine nonetheless:

mine, the 23 chairs, smooth faux leather,
in browns and blues and 
a muted orange that fights to be heard in the silence
like the gasps of a cantaloupe sunset sky .

mine, the thin, thin pages 
fragile but rich, creamy, warm, 
that crinkle and half-dig and
half-bend against my shaking hands.

mine, the whispers the words make to each other,
the click-clack of the keys from the girl on my right,
the shifts and the sighs and the irrepressible laughs 
and the breathing. In and out.

mine, the sweet scent of the infinite, 
a punch, swelling, clean as cut grass
all infused with the zest of adventure
lived, living, waiting, in militaristic rows to be relived.

mine, a moment — just one — of peace. 

• EliathRose

OK, first: This piece is beautifully put together. Your descriptions make me feel transported and alive.
    Second: I don't know if I ever ended up replying to your comment on my piece about a month ago, so I'm doing it now. Thank you so much for your suggestions on what to write about next! It means so much to me.

• Toikupu~est

Hey, it says in your bio thing that you like writing peer reviews - if you want (and only if you feel like it!), could you write one for one of my pieces? Any of them, wherever (: :)

• rmssmr

Re: thank you so much for the comment you left under my poem :))

The description in this piece is so strong :)) great work!

• rose Beta

"mine, the thin, thin pages
    fragile but rich, creamy, warm,
    that crinkle and half-dig and
    half-bend against my shaking hands. "
    Just beautiful.

• Zirong

Aww this is so good. I love that you start stanza 2-6 with “mine," -- it helps create a great cadence. For some reason I feel this has a Plath vibe hahaha(perhaps because I've been reading her poems for a while)

re: Oooh thank you so much! Hehe I like my pfp too! YES it is a wave(the artist is so creative awww) And YESSS "Lady Lazarus" is legendary! I just read "You're" and the tone is so so different from that in "Lady Lazarus". It's indeed lovely to read! :D
    Have an amazing day ahead!

• A. Penderwick

Re: mini leeks, yeah. Mmm, that sounds delicious!
    I actually didn’t end up sending in an application. By the time I made up my mind about it, it was the last day you could send one in(I’m a master procrastinator), and I didn’t think I could do a good enough job with that little time. I’m kind of disappointed that I didn’t, but I might try again for the next term. Thank you for answering all my questions, it really helped me get an idea of what being a CA was like.

• 4ExtraShotsOfEspresso

the library's been my safe space for a very long time. The librarian knows me by name by now lmao-
    im there almost everyday
    (i really really love this piece, just, incredible. the emotions, descriptions, fabulous.)

• Jason_claire :)

I love libraries; bookstores too. The feeling is honestly something that can't be described.
    replying- Aw, thanks. Don't worry, I know what it's like, I've had nothing to write here really in a while. I'll get to chapter 12 at some point, haha. I'm hoping to do that, but I know it'll probably be some work.

Re: Oooh subtle. Yeah a bit too long in my opinion! Blacks is just a full license lol. No, you'll be on your full license at about 20, if you get all your hours in quickly. Ah yes *frowns in disgust at how weird the world is* Damn you haven't listened to it? I am shooketh OwO
    Lol it's fine tho, I'm a big fan of Olivia's music tho.
    Ooh sounds perfect! Oh there you go lol :P Guess not EVERYONE knows! Yeah I'd like to do something like that. My sister and I just went to see a play last night (about an hour after I'd come back from volunteering at a horse riding trail centre, so I am very tired now), at a place where she was in a couple of plays. I really want to be in one of their plays (pretty professional, but small at the same time), but they like neverrrrr have stuff for kids (especially girls) my age. The audience is always like super old lol. But the play was so good, and the lead actor legit looked like a mix of Harry Styles and Anthony Ramos (with a tinge of Alexander H in it, because he had his hair in that little ponytail Lin had in Hamilton). Lol I couldn't get it out of my head when I looked at him :')
    Omg yes lol :P I'll play ALL the characters! No I have more of an Aunty/Grandpa relationship with tech.
    Oh my gosh same; but I like watching ppl trying to imitate Aussie accents; oh it's so sad! But hilarious for me UwU
    My my, a spot of rhyming!
    It's ya resident president,
    John Adams

• A. Penderwick

Re: mm, that sounds delicious. I like it with butter(of course) sour cream, and cheese, and then we usually add broccoli, green onions, and sometimes bacon as well. I like to add all the toppings, eat it, and then add even more and eat the potato skin. Delicious!

Re: Aaahhhhhhhaaaaaa that line cracked me up so much. Yes Jonathan Groff has a VERY chiselled chin. Ah yes, she is now sunbaking at Bondi. (very hard to do in such a poofy dress)
    Oh nooooo lol :P I'm won't be able to drive on my own till I'm 17, and then I'll still have a few more years before I'm on my blacks. (also Aussies also drive on the left side of the road; UNITE!) So when I'm 16, I'll get my L's, so I'll have to get 120 hours driving with my dad (or DriversEd) before I can get my red P's, which is when I can drive on my own. Then you have to wait like a year and a half, then you get your green p's, stay on them for 2 whole years, and THEN you get your full license! aaaaaaaa it sounds so difficulttttt. And I agree; 15 is like way too young to drive.
    Ok, 1 week after you get your license, I'm going to ask you if you got it and then you have to say.
    "I got my drivers license last week".
    UwU
    Ooh yes, a remix about driving! I likeeeee! Oooh sneakkkyyyy! Lol I suckk at video games rip.
    Oooh yessssssss! And I will show you all the awesome non-touristy locations!! Oh heck yeah I would tell you!
    Yeah!
    Ooh cool! Well I think you forgot, but I'm homeschooled lol :P So nope! (omg how embarrassing would that be if my parents put on a musical for me *vomits*)
    Omg I've always dreamed (not surprisingly) of doing a musical of Hamilton; LIKE HOW FREAKING COOL WOULD THAT BE! Then I'd probably get ensemble or somethin rip. You know, I'd audition for Alexander; like why the heck not?
    Oh that's good lol. Well, you're just terribly nice now, darling. Would you like a spot of tEa?
    And yes he is *chef's kiss*
    Uhhh....*checks the time* It is 9:13 at this very moment lol.
    Well have a terrIfic day!
    John
    Adams

• ScarlettLucian

*happy sigh* I love reading other reader/writer's bits on libraries and books. It just feels so lovely and familiar. Wonderful.

• celestialbard

re: aaaa I always forget that I've been on this site for ages it's so strange but also so nice that you've come across my stuff !! that's so sweet!!! Thank you for your comment by the way <333
    the repetition of 'mine' is so clever I love it so much!!

Re: Also, do you have your drivers license? Cause I'm getting mine next year and I'm SO SCARED!

Re: Also I find it really funny that you ended up being George; the Brit :P It woulda worked better if I was American, but I don't think there are any Aussies in the play.....
    Also, if you don't mind saying, when's your birthday?
    I must know OwO

Re: You 100% need to come! And visit me if you do OwO Oh my goodness lol :'P Awwweeee thank you! Our holiday house is a really special place to me; I've been going there since I was a baby!
    Re: *blech* Like why can't it just be normal for girls to like guy stuff? Like it seems that people think it's weird I like the colour blue, or have blue sandshoes and a blue jumper (which I'm wearing now lol). But I also want it to be fine for girls to like wearing pink, and makeup. I wish stereotypes didn't exist....at least, not hurtful ones! Haha lol :)
    Oooffff I wish! Legit tho, that would be like so awesome. I've always kinda dreamed of doing Broadway; I'm like definitely not good enough, but I always thought it would be suuuuuuper fun. Still think so! I've always wanted to act in a musical, but I've never got the chance unfortunately...
    Lin is like the god of all writing; his writing is too holy for this world.
    Legit tho, how do you rhyme for 2 hours straight? (he's rhyming like he's running out of time......) (aaahhh nooooo that's too morbid!) Also what do you think of the whole British side of Hamilton, I mean, by you being British. Cause the Brits are kindaaa given a bad rap. (hehe....rap)
    So I suppose you'll love me till your dying days? (also it would really help if JA had some lines rip)
    Pish posh,
    John Adams

• A. Penderwick

Beautiful!! The feel of this poem is so perfectly synonymous of that of a real library, and it makes me feel so comforted.
    Re: thank you! And you’re just the sweetest. Yeah, I guess carbohydrates makes more sense, but it’s a shame. We had baked potatoes last night(YUM) and I thought of you(and your epic piece, of course). :)

• Avril

I love it!! A library is such a fascinating place to choose, I never would have thought of that. The repetition of "mine" is so good- it really captures that feeling of finding belonging in a book. This reminds me so vividly of being ten years old and spending hours in the library! And I adore the conclusion!
    Re: thanks!! And aw that's so great you shared it with your dad! I've written a few pieces kind of featuring/about family members and it's kinda scary to think about showing it with them...especially when it's your brother and you never talk about deep stuff with him, you know? Maybe I will someday when we're older ahaha. Anyway, hope you're doing well :)

"a muted orange that fights to be heard in the silence
    like the gasps of a cantaloupe sunset sky." aaaaa Ellie this is so stunning! This piece feels so magical, and it's as gorgeous as ever <333