Parisienne

18
Scorpio
Daydreamer, writer, artist and traveller
Coffee addict
Dreaming of Paris

HEY EVERYONE!!! I'M BACKKKK
Missed this site so much, my exams are over now (phew) so I can properly be in touch again. I hope you are all well and happy!
I wrote this poem last week when inspiration came over and forced me to pick up a pen again. Let me know what you think.
Take care of yourself and have a wonderful day :)

Mountains in my mind

8
I'm poetry in motion
thoughts rampaging through my head
like the raging swell of floodwater
erodes the riverbed 

The wind tangles my memories
ties flashbacks in a knot
grazes my cheek with bruising kisses
'till my recollections rot

I'm just a passing shadow
etching thoughts into the ground
I scream within a rainstorm
yet nobody hears a sound

So wonder in my landscapes
seek the secrets that I hide
scrabble up my rockface
there's mountains in this mind 

• June 1, 2021 - 6:52am (Now Viewing)

• Jasmin khawar

So brilliant! So gorgeous! So stunning! Wow! Last stanza is my favourite it's just so fantastic

• Zirong

This is brilliant, really brilliant. I read it twice in one go, and I'm gonna write a review soon :) Your poetry never fails to amaze me Becca! You're truly talented! (btw I should've replied to your reply last time, but then some things got in my way. Will reply later today!) <333

• gabimarie

re: thank you! :)

• barelybear

Woah i love the mystery here! What great contrast between “Flashbacks in a knot” and “Recollections rot,” and rhyming too!!
    AND OMG YOURE BACK! You came out the other side of those exams huh c:
    Just one puny results day and you’ll be freeeee!
    Re: ahh thank you!! As always, your kindness knows no bounds c: <3
    Omg a cafe!! That’s gonna be so fun! Just read this in time to wish you all the best luck that you don’t spill anything - ahh you’re gonna be so great!! All the customers will have to keep coming back because they’ll love your waitressing so much :D
    Ah yes I’ve been looking through a few of those Morrison’s options. I think I might leave it til I’m 18 ahah.
    Yep, a lot of stewing, sleeping, and wondering what I’m gonna wear that can pass as “smart-casual.” Pyjama bottoms and a waistcoat?? :p

Have a fantastic first day tomorrow!!
    Ellie :D

• Rachaelgrace

Ooo the ending of this: "scrabble up my rockface/there's mountains in this mind" is awesome! I also love the second to last stanza, overall a beautiful piece.
    Re: Thank you so much! Oh man it's so hard to choose between Legolas or Aragorn. I think I like Legolas better in the movies and Aragorn better in the books haha.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Ha thx :) Yup, I'm pretty fearless when it comes to other stuff, a bit of a daredevil, but I mean this kinda thing makes me look like a scared potato :P
    Oh don't worry about it! I was going to take a hiatus but I mean, I love this community so I just keep going on unannounced semi ones :P It's actually as of today officially healed! It's been a month and I don't have to deal with a boot or anything at least, but I have to be cautious in the coming weeks. I'm really glad it's not like my diagnosis of shin splints where it's sort of a long term thing that I have to keep monitoring tho :P How are you?

• woolfie

Re: A nature lover can spot a nature lover..:>
    thank u for such a lovely comment:>>

• Starlitskies

Wow I love this. There are so many brilliant lines and your word choice is remarkable.
    "I'm poetry in motion
    thoughts rampaging through my head" - I think these lines are my favourite!
    "I'm just a passing shadow
    etching thoughts into the ground" - this is just excellent. Etching; I would've never even thought to use that word with shadows!
    You've written a perfect ending too! Great work!