SunV

ca alum!

it takes two to break a heart

est. 11/10/19

playing '22 break' by oh wonder
────⚪─────────
◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►
1:05/3:24

hope will never be enough.
and neither will be grief.
-because sometimes almost is all you need (an original)

10:28pm

8

it's 10:28pm right now
as i sit
blackbird softly playing

every one else is asleep... what about me?

it's not that i cannot sleep, oh how i would love to escape into my dreams (nightmares, actually. but they are much more pleasant than reality)

and while i (im)patiently wait for sleep to grace me,
i wonder why i cannot (do anything, really)

so at 10:28pm, when i cannot sleep
the rest of the nation in their beds

i cry for happiness.
i really don't know what this is.

also, genuinely tired, so i'm going to sign off right now. goodnight/morning/afternoon!

27•6•21

• rmssmr

Re: thank you so much for the comment you left under my poem!

I totally relate to your footnotes. Writing when you're tired can often be pretty garbled compared to the more polished pieces you produce when you're more active. But I also think that the pieces you write when tired might just be the most authentic because you don't have the energy to build walls and police your words.
    I kind of feel like that's the case :) i feel like you've written a piece rich in authenticity.

• Starlitskies

Re: Sure. As long as you make sure to quote, I'm fine with it. I appreciate you asking before you did.

• Starlitskies

oooh this is lovely piece! you've beautifully worded the feeling of sleepless nights, when all you want is to fall asleep but still can't. and your footnotes are so relatable; half the time I don't know how to define what I write, haha.
    Re: Thank you! As for your question, wtw contacted me asking whether I'd like to write an exemplar piece for their prompt and that's how I got to write it.

Re: Thank you! And I hope you're eligible soon.

• rwong

re: yeesh ok ummm wow that is a v good rundown, i think i understand it but at the same time its so confusingggg haha and then you have "board exams" which sound vv hard core and difficult and extremely scary. also holidays as "random days in btwn" omg hhahaha tbh that sounds about right. like my school just has like a random monday off here and there and when we check its like some obscure holiday--i wouldnt be surprised if it's NaTiOnaL pIzZa dAy or smth LOL

• Ellington Stone

this is really good, I could picture the nighttime scene.

woah. this poem filled me up with so much coziness and sleepiness and i just felt so at home. you worded it brilliantly; i know the feeling of waiting endlessly for sleep and you captured it perfectly! this is really beautiful :)
    re: thank you!! i'm really glad you liked the poem, it's an honor to be featured like this!!! :D

• rwong

re: school starts in a week??? what is tHIs lol it was hte last day of school for me today!! i had my last final this morning so theres that which was fun so yayy im doneeee
    wait so how does your school year work??
    anyway sleep well and i guess good morning when you see this!! sending all my love <3