SunV

est. 11/10/19

when our children tell our story
they'll tell the story of tonight

hurts like hell - fleurie
───⚪──────────
◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►
0:57/3:39

community ambassador!

oh it suits me, to feel strong

I don't know how well I followed the prompt, but we truly found the extraordinary in the ordinary this past year....

Hug me

a hug here, and handshake there
a smile on your face as you greet friends new and old
and you wonder to yourself how lucky you are
to be able to touch again, to love for real once more
because the one thing you took for granted
the life you seemed to live for the sake of living
that had gone, and come back again
and you missed it, truly missed it
and now you won't waste another moment
If you didn't get it, it's about the pandemic ending and life being, well life again. I used this as a response, because what we thought our ordinary life, now seems so extraordinary, and we will never take anything for granted again.

1

• Wisp

Replying: [Late response again lol, so sorry!]
    I'm glad they're both good! Sometimes some teachers are vastly more horrible than others when it comes to teaching haha
    Oh really?? So they don't give out vaccinations to under 18 year olds over there? How interesting. I don't have my vaccination either, so no worries there (Not anti-vax, just my dad's being weird over the whole thing). Oh I see! At least you'll be in person?? Even though it's just for testing and stuff haha, I hope you get to school soon and are able to hug people again.
    Aww!! I'm so glad basketball is going well for you! And I get what you mean, but it's all muscle memory, so if you try for a little longer, your body will remember the movements again. And think about it this way: now you'll be even better than before! Especially since you're playing with better teammates and all too, you'll be back to your own game before you even know it!
    Aww thanks honey! I finished the last test today, so I'm really relieved over it. And yes! Econ is so boring and so difficult to understand at the same time, a horrid combination really.
    Oh I'm glad!! I'm sure you did wonderfully! And you're right, as long as you put in the effort and got the grade from the best of your ability, you should be proud about it. It's better to work hard and fail than to not and fail, so you should definitely be proud about all of it!
    That's so sweet of you to say!! I hope we stay in touch as well! I've been busy, but I'll always be back to chat with you darling

• kathryn siena

re: thank you so much:)

• nadyagarza

re - awww, thank you so much! i'm so glad you liked it. also, this piece is simply fantastic, I feel the same way

• Wisp

Replying: That is a wonderful saying to have, and I really applaud that teacher of yours. I hope they were as a good a teacher as they were with their encouragement, for it has a little truth burrowed into the core of its emotional value, and that's what gives it such depth.
    Oh yes! How I miss them too! Oh really? Do you know when you guys will be going back? I know over here we're all going back in-person in August, so it's going to be a little chaotic. And yeah I get what you mean about hugs, like I'm okay with them once and a while, but it catches me off guard when someone outside of my family gives me a hug and it kinda makes me uncomfortable too haha. Hope you can hug again soon! And that's so cool! I'm not sure if I asked, but how's basketball going? Splendid I hope? At the very least, I hope you're enjoying it and it is able to be a breather of some sort for you.
    Aww that's so sweet of you :,)) You're honestly such a highlight of my WtW experience xoxo. Good luck with your exams! That sounds so stressful, but I'm sending love, support, and all the luck I can muster to you and your exams! Hopefully you get a breather soon! Sending love!
    Oh yes, I could not explain Econ better if I wanted to, because it's such a boring and draining class and for what? Haha, yeah, thanks for the advice! I took the test, and I did better than last time (but not by much), so I guess that's a plus.
    Once again, good luck on your exams honey! Remember to take breaks and breathers to clear your head too! I'm rooting for you xoxo

• Coco pebbles [ChildOfGod]

Love your Hamilton quote!

• Zirong

Ooh this is so true! The pandemic made us take a new look at our "ordinary" life.

• Wisp

Ooh yes!! I absolutely love the meaning behind this and the way you incorporate the prompt into your inspiration for it! There's so much new meaning behind "A hug here, and handshake there" since it wasn't that long ago that we weren't even able to leave our houses, and the idea of hugs and handshakes were just unfathomable. I love the visual you create here and how you put such a hopeful spin on the pandemic. It kinda feels like a fever dream, and that we're just barely waking up from it haha. Such a weird feeling you know? Like I see people without masks and it takes me a moment to normalize it again. Anyways, I love this whole notion of living life to the fullest now that it's back and enjoying it and savoring every moment. Simply stunning!
    Replying: So sorry for the late reply hon!! I know it's been like a week +
    Anyways, yeah, I kinda wrote that piece after failing one of my economic tests (have another one tomorrow, so hopefully it'll be alright, fingers crossed!) and I was feeling utterly miserable haha. Thank you so much for your encouragement! You definitely gave me a boost of confidence :))
    And the whole thing about your grade jump thing is just so relatable. It was the same for me, and this whole shock with having homework last late into the evenings and into the weekends is utterly dreadful. Like I just want to go back to the days where I would finish homework at like 4 and be finished. I'm so sorry that the pressure has gotten worse and I hope it'll get better soon! Remember to take breaks too and remember that your life isn't just your grades. I'm working on that too, so I hope you'll bear those words in mind darling :,)
    Thank you so much SunV! You just made my whole night that much more brighter and you just make me want to smile eternally. Lots of love my dear <3

Also I love the new quote ;)

This is such a great idea for this prompt! I love it :)

• Toikupu~est

Re: thanks for the information! Wow, sounds like a lot of work - good on your for taking that on!! I like the idea of it though :) wish you luck for it (though I don't think you'll need it!)

• Renegade_Writer [ChildOfGod]

Ahhh the Hamilton quote in your bio!!!!!! <3

• barelybear

Yesssss!! This is really great!
    When we went back to school, I hugged so many people, and realised that those who before I had brushed off or thought irritating I had missed so much :c
    So I hugged them even harder :D
    This definitely resonated with “The one thing you took for granted,” and “You missed it, truly missed it.” Super cool :D

Re: thanks c:
    Yep I didn’t think the piece was as polished as I would have liked, but I wanted to push something out there anyway.
    Wait you’re only 14?? You’re so talented!!
    If I’m being honest, the start was dull, but it picked up in the middle/second half, and on reflection of symbols, messages etc (did a lot of that for literature gcse) is when it hit me how amazing the book is.

Ah try not to panic! Essentially, it’s the same, so you’ll be great!! In your messages I haven’t ever seen anything dodgy, and it’s only a couple of words like trousers haha. Good luck with the MCQs!!

A plan :D
    Yess follow that dream!! In the songwriting you killed it singing, I seem to remember. And awh that’s so cool! I don’t think my English class is half as dedicated loll. But go you, rising in those ranks!!

Haha sounds definitely like something I would do. I’m really into checked shirts run, which is why I wore one for the food writing photo :p

Ouai c’était presque parfait, mademoiselle. Just without the extra i.
    (Also I couldn’t turn down the opportunity to speak a little French :D)

I’ve never been to Ireland, so that would be super cool! I love Wales sooo much because my grandparents live there and there are so many great mountains and beaches and forests :D
    Ah great! A backup and a tour guide! Perfect! Ooh definitely more interesting to go through parks and lakes and catch all the beautiful scenery c:
    See ya!
    Ellie :D

• WrenBirdWrites(hiatus)

:)

• kaylasghost

Re: Thank you so much for your comment if my post!! I'm happy to find someone who hates chemistry too :)

• kaylasghost

Oh I love this!! My love language is physical touch, so I can rlly relate, too