Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Originally posted May 14, 2021

It Ends With Us

21

I think I had a dream where the two of us were in love
It was awkward and it was freeing and we forgot the sky above
Our arms around each other, we let the world fall to pieces
Because the only thing that mattered was still within our reaches
Last night I had an interesting dream. But the only thing I can remember is hugging MB for a long time. And I think the rest of the world was in chaos. But we were okay.

1

oh gosh i love this. i used to have dreams of someone...id hold on to them for WEEKS. the rhyming in this piece is absolutely AMAZING too. you are such a talented writer--i cant say it enough.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

AWWWWW! You guys (you and MB) are honestly like a refresher to me, me being the girl with the messy love life :/

• Starlitskies

I can't. This is just too sweet! I love your footnotes as well: "And I think the rest of the world was in chaos. But we were okay." Melts my heart. <3
    Re: omgasdlkfja;sldkjfalskdjfldskjf That is so sweet of you Anne! Thank you so much! It means a lot to me coming from a brilliant writer like you! I'm sorry I've taken so long to reply to your comments, I don't get to log in too often. And thank you for the original comment as well. I remember reading your piece about lightning and I remember it being an awfully remarkable piece. And yes I agree that it's hard to capture the essence of things sometimes, that must've been my gajillionth (lol, if that's even a word) attempt to do justice to a lighting storm. Hope you're doing well! <3

Re: Lollll I didn't even notice that!

• beth r.

STAWP i'm too emotionally invested in this love story anneeee
    re: NO YOU <3

• Just_A_Memory

Re: I haven’t even seen him after that, so eh xD Plus, I would be too scared to talk to him first. Unless he asked me something, or I happened to help him/he helped me, I don’t think I’d say anything at all. Just wistfully glance from the side smh. *and feel awkward *

replying: oh my gosh oh my gosh thank you so so much. i can't express how thankful i am and how happy you comment made me and how much it meant.you're so sweet and supportive.you literally made my weekend thankyouthankyouthankyou.and tell alex i say thankyouthankyou he's so sweet.

Re: Awwwwww you're too much! (so are you gurl!) It means a lot that you think that :) I guess it's kinda inspired by how my brain lies to me sometimes saying I'm not beautiful, but I'm going to try and stop letting myself be deceived by that, cause it's not true :)

• beth r.

NO STOP THIS IS ADORABLE I CANNOT

fkdughlsfd YES

this is so sweet!!

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

re: ;) i'm glad that this poem evoked such a response from me that it evoked a response from you! (if that makes sense)

• Wisp

Replying: Aww, how sweet! That comment makes this post seem so much more vivid than before, wishing you the best!

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

also, the first line of this just transports me to a magical place. i mean, it feels like the beginning of a soliloquy or a fairytale

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

The feelings of this are... incredibly rich and powerful for its length. I can hardly believe (well, yes, i can, because you're anne) how much you can convey in a few lines. Even your footnotes are poetic. Also, this reminded me of the scene at the end of Rogue One (if you haven't seen it, it's not that much of a loss, because i don't remember a lot) where Jyn and Cassian are embracing on the beach as everything literally explodes around them (jyn is the protagonist and Cassian is basically the deteuragonist)

• doodleninja

re: aww thank you so much Anne! <3

ah this is so beautiful and powerful and clever and wow

• Wisp

So short, yet it packs such a punch. I love the sweet undertones of falling in love here, even as everything around is falling apart. Because I feel like sometimes that's what love is, it's like finding comfort and hope in that one person even as everything around you is crumbling. It's like finding peace in that one person, finding comfort in them and being able to lean on them when you are going through so much. I simply adore the simplicity within the piece, and how it still shines so brightly.

• Dmoral

re: thank you so much you're amazing! xoxo~

• Just_A_Memory

That most have been such a sweet dream!

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Thanks <3 (Biggest hug back)

• boston

this! i love it so much!