Paisley Blue

he/they | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

the sound of rain

Don't be alarmed if some of my pieces disappear; I'm starting to possibly put together a poetry collection :)

for when you take my hand

24

do stars have souls? because
clearly something with that beauty
must not fear Morality: must not shatter
into shards far above the atmosphere.
must not stain the sky with india ink,
must not desire to carve their names onto
God's pillars.

yet still they fall; yet still I cross out line after line of what should have been poetry.

4.30.21

• Mespotz

This is beautiful! I love how you personified the stars :)

• Caleb Urlacher

but yeah i have been spitballing fun ideas of conversations the AI could have. for example, with a satellite that is looking at the earth and that can relay information.

• Caleb Urlacher

re: poetry collection is going well. almost done.

lol the details for the novel are still pretty rough. sci-fi is kinda my genre so i wanted to do something science fictiony but not like space guns and lasers. i ended up settling on something that's maybe a little more heartfelt. my idea right now is an AI who has been programmed to recount earth's history as it has become uninhabitable. so there will be no human characters (or so i think.) but this AI has unlimited access to any piece of technology on earth, so it will have conversations (in english, this is the future, y'know ;)) with other robots and AIs. I guess ulimately it's a story about what it means to be human, but the story doesn't have any humans.

• Caleb Urlacher

*coughs* i may or may not be starting a novel
    well coming up with ideas for one

• vastexpansion

re: thanks so much! Also, HOLY THIS IS GOOD!

• (sk)eyesofocher

Amazing.
    Re: WELL IM TRYING! WAIT FOR ME PLEASE I SHALL JOIN ONE DAY SOON

re: okay putting "many waters" on hold rn.... seems really intersting. only ever read "a wrinkle in time", not other books in the series so is it ok if i read out of order? okay did my math test and um kinda bombed it got the quadratic formula stuff down but dudeeee graphingggg noooo hehe and yes that song! my math teacher actually plays guitar and played us a diff one there are so many!!! how r u? <3 <3 <3
    p.s. here is ur cake!

• thea_ivy

Re:Omg yesss i love bad lip reading!

• crystalline•galaxies

i forgot to comment on this?! oh no.
    anyway, wow, this piece is absolutely spectacular. the first line absolutely grabbed me and then the rest just held me there until it was over. and the last line is insanely cool. it really makes me think.

• 4ExtraShotsOfEspresso

re: EBYHRNU Y E S-
    honestly m o o d-

• ~wildflower~

Re: I think I get what you mean - about the pfp and the heaps-of-ideas-but-not-much-writing situation. When I think of ‘Paisley Blue’ I do automatically picture your profile picture and it does seem to suit you really well (you’re both so sweet and chirpy!). And I’ve always been a lot more of a sporadic than a prolific writer and I rarely have the patience to properly unjumble the giant clump of thoughts in my head into something mildly coherent. But it’s great that you have lots of ideas - that’s where everything starts after all. Also, you’re considering compiling a poetry collection?! That is so exciting!!! Let me know how it goes! Hope you’re having an awesome day too :)

• Caleb Urlacher

and give it a good review of course xd

i was training a new person at my work and she found out i write poetry lol.. she does too. i'm dead tho because everyone found out and i think they all bought my book rofl

• Caleb Urlacher

poetry collectionnnn timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    best of luck! i will purchase it if you put it out there

• YW_H

this is just brilliant and i am obsessed with this syntax and diction, your writing is going to change the world someday and i am so honored to have been able to read this!! xoxoxo

re: a poetry collection!? yes, plz! your poetry is stunning and i am so proud of you already and cant wait to see what other amazing things you do. okay so yes thanks that was actually just a draft, i totally expanded it and edited it and its so much better now and might submit it somewhere. anywayyyy glad it went well yesss good chaosss sounds like so much funnnn! day is well, making a cake for my brother's bday and went on a walk with a friend. dreading my math test on tues because quadratic formulaaa and graphing parabolassss does not compute! you good? <3<3<3

Re: Hmmm what have I been up to lately? Uhhh. Prom is this week!! SO excited we get one. And I'm dragging MB there and he's gonna wear a real suit and a black cowboy hat. We're splurging and renting Alex an expensive suit (u don't wanna know how much they're paying) plus gold accent stuff and a gold feather to put in his beloved fedora (probably the most expensive thing he's ever bought) (I call it his security fedora bc he wears it everywhere).

Re: You're welcome! OMG break all your legs!! Except I'm up late and you're ahead of me in time zone so you've probably already done that. That would be such a fun show to do and I bet you've all been doing great.

• rwong

re: HI ELLLL!!!!!!!!!! ikkkk seems like forever since we've talked bc my school freaking. blocked. wtw. on. the. wifi. LIKE ?????? its so annoying so i cant go on and check for like the whole day and then i try to check after school but hw and all and studying and stuff :( but yeaa hiii!!! i'm doing pretty well, this week was actually pretty chill so theres that which is nice but basically i have 3 weeks left of actual school and then finals week, on the 3rd week (right before finals) i have my ap chinese exam and then sat, sun, mon, AND THEN FINALS like ugh i do not want to deal with that bc all my exams are crammed together. oh and we only have 1 more week of in person for my cohort bc we alternate so this week i'll be at home (and will def be on wtw) but yea. anywayyy enough about meeeee how have you been??? also also your poetry collection seems so exciting!!!!! honestly i think i've always wanted to publish a book but then im like "well no one will read it sooooo" yea havent really thought about it but it's so cool that you're doing it!!! keep me updated ;) would love to read it when it's published!! okay i feel like this comment is super long now sooo yea love you tooooo!!!!! <3 <3 <3

• crystalline•galaxies

re: thanks again. i think i’ll be okay but i appreciate everything

Wait hold up what's this about opening night?? I wanna know!

PARDON?!? How dare you be this good. I was singing along to T Swift and then my jaw fell open and I paused the music to read this again. So freaking good.

• rwong

oh. my. gosh. ellll ughhh this is amazing and the way you describe everything just asj;dlfk;alksfj arghhh this is lovely and honestly i'd copy and paste this whole thing into the comment section bc i love this so much asjdfa;lskfjas;dlk
    oh and regarding your message board, ooo that sounds exciting!!! i'm sure it'll be wonderful :) how have you been?? sending love <3 <3

if there ever was a capsulation of what writer's block feels like, you've just about described it... the end! and the imagery. poignant and lovely as always. and hey, how was opening night??? happy for you! <3<3<3

• Cosmogyral

on your message board: i'm flattered.