_Delphiruns2theocean_

Delphi/DJ/Delph call me any :)
female
right mid in soccer
surfer
feminist
christian
californian
way 2 competitive
bit insecure
ocean lover
gryffindor & slytherin
dauntless
reads 2 many romance novels
enemies to lovers fan club

my irl friends kinda ghosted on here..
WtW twins with ~rain~ who is amazing! Check her out especially if you're a tom holland simp :)
kathryn siena, my awesome WtW sister, she writes some gorgeous poems!
Help both of them reach their goals
New Goal:200 followers by November
Quotes
"I mean it's sort of exciting, isn't it? Breaking the rules" ~Emma Watson
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things - friendship and bravery." ~Hermione Granger Goblet of Fire
"My coach said I ran like a girl, and I said if he ran a little faster he could too" Mia Hamm
"You alone are enough, you have nothing to prove to anyone" Maya Angelou
"The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever" Anonymous

Come Back Stronger (pleaseeeee read the footnotes!)

14
Intro:
I know
I may not be an icon,
I know,
I sometimes need a shoulder to cry on.
Verse 1:
You tell me,
I'm not a distraction,
You tell me
I'm not an infraction,
but the way you hold me accountable
in every way; it hurts
Chorus:
The way you minimize me,
the way you doubt my abilities,
it makes the possibilities fade away.
Cause I know now,
what you're feeding me is lies,
and there's no way I'll be surprised; this time
Verse 2:
Can't trust anyone anymore,
don't think I know to,
it's just I know it's all more
lies.
And when I open up,
to the ones I don't hold close,
it's nothing I didn't expect
just guess I thought it would be.
Verse 3:
The way I smile it's not an act,
though I wish it was,
I can't help but attract you, 
and it hurts when I can't trust anymore,
and I pull awa-ay.
Chorus:
The way you minimize me,
the way you doubt my abilities,
it makes the possibilities fade away.
Cause I know now,
what you're feeding me is lies,
Verse 4: 
The guys who whistle on the streets
it's like endless repeats over and over,
the memories I delete,
all come flooding back to me.
Verse 5:
And sometimes I let myself be unguarded 
but then I get completely disregarded,
maybe one of these days,
things will change and I'll say 
these things are not okay.
Chorus:
The way you minimize me,
the way you doubt my abilities,
it makes the possibilities fade away.
Cause I know now,
what you're feeding me is lies,
and there's no way I'll be surprised; this time.

So I'm starting a little movement called #WentThroughThisButStrongerAfter ik it may not be a great hashtag but those of you who are (especially girls) have gone through any type of cat calling or sexism to write and speak out. If you're a guy write about sexism towards you! If you are a strong feminist, and haven't gone through an experience, write about something you've witnessed or something you've heard about. Research if you want! You can make your own piece and/or write a comment on this piece :) You can do it in any form of writing you wish! Just tag it #WentThroughThisButStrongerAfter because WE ARE STRONGER AFTER. I'm doing this now cause I've had enough and I want to do something. If any of you decide to read through this let me know if you do a piece on it, I'd love to see it! :)

• Livsnjutare

SO true and SO amazing! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

• ~rain~

ok it's almost midnight and ive gotta go to sleep soon so i dont have time to answer the whole message you sent me...
    re: ah don't worryyy and omg i died in a very bad way. i saw my crush today and he was talking to these two girls i've never seen before... after they left i was so mad that i asked (in a nice-ish way) "so you really like flirting with girls, huh? and you told me to not hang out with people like that." he was shocked. i'm pretty sure our friendship is over.......... HELP

• Just_A_Memory

Re: It's 11:00 PM for me right now, haha. I can hardly keep my eyes open at the moment. I think I'm going to unfortunately postpone day 6 until tomorrow. I honestly feel kind of sick to my stomach I'm so sleep deprived lol

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Ooooh! Fellow water chick :D

• resident philocalist

HEYYY NAME TWINS (kind of )
    love this piece :)

• kathryn siena

re: thanks so much! I'm in school rn, but when I get home, i'll email you. or text, if that's better.

• kathryn siena

re: broken toes suck. and thx.
    also, i hate that boys can get inbetween a friendship.
    and, you can say no if you're uncomfortable, or you just don't want to, an di promise i won't get offended at all, but can i have your number or email? i'd love to talk to you out of wtw.
    *please do not at all feel pressured, i will take no offense if you say no

• kathryn siena

re: lol, i've done that more than once. no news with K. we're kinda just in like limbo? idk. i need dr.pepper to think straight. let me try this one more time:
    we haven't really talked much. i feel like we're drifing apart, and she's telling A a lot more stuff than me, and I have to find out what she's going through from A.
    i don't know if that made any sense. i have literally two brain cells left, and i have a math text today, so i need to save them up.
    also i need caffiene.. so yeah.
    how's it going with you?

• kathryn siena

re: YOU ARE AMAZING TOO
    so like, screw guys.
    and thanks :)

• ~rain~

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh frick my computer, it's deleted my response twice. ok. sorry abt that lol.
    ohhhh i like that idea alot- ok i'm doing that after this one unless you do it- or maybe we could do that together!!!! i'm doing a fantasy/romance this time (something a bit different!!) i have a feeling that you'll like the characters :)
    crush situation is ok, we've only seen each other in passing. i swear he was gonna hug me the other day but he held off. he knows me well enough to know that i'm extroverted but i hate being touched. i had a dream about him the other night and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it was so sweet and felt so real... lol sorry if i'm making you cringe or anything. also about your 911- take things slow. i wouldn't rush into anything because if you do, it never works out. especially in the romance novels. the thing is that boys play hard-to-get... if you don't talk to them, chances are that they aren't coming up to you and talking about something they know you like. and don't worryyyyyy i believe in you :) if you want more advice plz ask!!!
    omgggggg are you ok???? how did you break your toe???? i've been in that place like 5 times lol (all for stupid reasons, just like my concussion) so ik the feeling.
    also idk if you would be comfortable with this but i can give you my phone number so then we can text if email doesn't work and maybe we could do a series...? i guess i can just delete the comment after you see it bc i don't want random people calling me or whatever :/

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Oh, Thank you so much! Oh cool. Thank you for answering, I've wondered about that for a long time.

• YW_H

RE: will do!

• YW_H

re: thank you!! that means everything, also i am so inlove with this piece!! <3

• Parisienne

Delphi this is such an amazing song!! I love it so much!!! Definitely hope to read more songs from you soon. Also your hashtag is so, so important. I've been speaking to my friends recently about their experiences...and I haven't found a single girl yet who hasn't had some sort of harassment. It's just awful...but I am really glad you are starting a movement to speak out about it. I'll try to write something on it soon!!
    re: Thanks so much I'm glad you liked it!! I am definitely interested in your hashtag! Only sorry I didn't read it sooner :). When you said 'I'm guessing you're private then...? ' sorry to sound dumb but did you mean like private school vs comp? Because no haha...I go to a comp and always have. It's just in England you wear uniform whether you are in the state or private school system. It sucks!
    I am so sorry you have been through all this too! I'm doing okay thanks, working through my exams at the moment which is alright but sort of stressful. Soon I'll be into the summer though! How about you? I hope you're doing good!!
    Take care
    Becca :)

• A. Penderwick

Re: oooh, ouch. That's no fun. Well, I hope you recover soon!

• A. Penderwick

Re: haha. How did you break your toe?

• A. Penderwick

Re: Yes, I'll definitely let you know when I read them. I'm pretty good. Today is an asynch day for me, and I have a ton of math that I don't really want to do, so I'm stalling by responding to comments on wtw. How about you?

• Awesome Sienna

Hey Delphi! There's just something I'm curious about. Always in American movies and stuff, there are no school uniforms. Kids just wear whatever they want to wear. But I don't know if that actually how it is irl. Any thoughts?

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Np np and np! Sure!

• Just_A_Memory

<33 Love it!

Re: It's so cool you're learning how to surf! I always wanted to try, but chickened out xD We're just not close enough to the beach or anything to make easy trips out. 6 hours each way (Round about) Thanks for participating! Glad to have your support <3

• ~rain~

re: i'm good! how about you? :)

• sci-Fi

definitely writing one!

• Awesome Sienna

Love it and I love the way you wrote it! I love the chorus! And btw, Delphi is such a cool name!

• A. Penderwick

I LOVE this, I'll definitely try to write something, thought it may take a bit. I love that you're taking a stand, it's amazing. I adore all the feminist stuff you write, clearly you're passionate about equal rights and it's so clear in your writing.
    Re: Thank you thank you thank you for all the book recs! Sorry it took so long to respond, I was reading your comment on my phone, and then immediately added all the books to my goodreads tbr, and then forgot to respond. *face palm* Seriously though, they all sound amazing, and I'll definitely have to check them out.

• YW_H

Re: Wow, I love this piece it is so powerful!

• nolongeractive

new piece out

• Nikki

re: thank you so muchhhhhh :) ahaha it has been a long time since we spoke! im good :)
    oh no i dont mind explaining the back story at all! ummm so the stanzas actually regulate between two worlds, one is my real life and the other is of someone else very far from me, like from another world. so if you read only the italicized perhaps then it may make more sense :3
    the normal stanza are just bits from my life. when i was very tiny i had several health issues so we went to hospitals very often, then once my sister lied to my parents and they yelled at her, after watching the entire thing i just knew that i wouldnt make the same mistake she had. umm the last stanza was just a slice of the last few months. my mum had asked me what i want to do in the future... and i said i wanted to consider going to another country. she wasnt happy AT ALL but i really do want to look at my options. yep thats about it!
    haha i hope i did an okay job at explaining this.
    also how are you! tell me all that ive missed!

• Abigail Faith

Re: Ohhh, ok, lolz! XD Yeah I guess I haven't been very active here lately just bc I've been busy with a lot of other stuff. ...and truth be told, I haven't written very much recently! Lol!
    Oh wow! I never even thought of that! Not having to wear a wetsuit in Hawaii. I bet that's so nice! Lolz, I've never even been to the ocean so anything like that fascinates me! XD :D

• ~rain~

this reminds me of "speechless" from the live-action aladdin... amazing :)

This had such great rhythm and a really important message which I think you got across clearly! Your hashtag is awesome and if I have time I will definitely write about something I've seen happen- one of the most important things we can do is educate!
    RE: Of course! And yeah, I really didn’t realize how bad it was until I got social media. And yeahh, it was really weird lol. No, really? I think it’s so awesome that you write feminist pieces! The world definitely needs it and tbh, it’s really refreshing to see on this site!
    Yeah, people always act like that, with everything really, sadly that’s how the world works :/ (although hopefully, it changes!)
    Oh my, I know!!!! I called him out on it too but then he just lied to me and I just reported him and honestly gave up, I just don’t have the energy to fight it lol. Aww of course! You seem so sweet! And you like soccer (which I love but got into way late and then COVID and *sob* don’t get to continue XD) so double bonus! LOLL, I don’t know how WTW hasn’t done anything farther yet considering how many people he’s affected and lied to. Like it’s honestly so weird.
    Great! And yeah, definitely! Nooooo, I’m so sorry that happened. (I just checked out your piece so the rest of my comment about this is on there)
    Of course! Yeah, that’s really great! I was always known as the ‘feminist’ in elementary LOL so I was constantly explaining things to guys haha. Yeah, it’s definitely annoying. And awwww, awesome! I’m doing well, just pretty busy lately (and I start math on Monday so *scary* XD, I love it but I’m just scared I didn’t retain enough from last year since I had it over a year ago and I’m in enriched, which is like more advanced than normal math *eek*) Ooh and I started writing a novel, so, fun *forced smile XD* How are you? Hope you’re doing well! (And sorry for the late response!)
    Aw of course and AWESOME! Also, I can’t believe I didn’t before, your pieces are really powerful, I love reading them!

• Abigail Faith

Oh, why I feel like I got to know you in your bio? Idk, just all the things about you. Lolz, I feel like mine is dull! XD I never know what to write in them.
    And yeah, we're in the country. Western NY, so it's not city at all, which is nice. :)
    Oh wow, you've been to Hawaii! That's super cool! :D I bet it's so pretty there!

• Abigail Faith

Re: Hi! Awww, tysm!! I haven't been on here in awhile, so I just saw your comment. ;)
    That's so cool that you're a farm girl too! :D Lol, and I'm also a Christian, and a blonde. XD Not from California tho... I'm actually in NY. Lol! In love your bio, btw. I feel like I got to know you. :)
    Anyways, thanks for that comment! That made me so happy!! :D Have an awesome day/rest of your evening! <3 :)

• kathryn siena

yes yes yes yes yes! definitely gonna write a piece!
    re: exactly! just, like, a little perspective, guys.