_Delphiruns2theocean_

Delphi/DJ/Delph call me any :)
female
right mid in soccer
surfer
feminist
christian
californian
way 2 competitive
bit insecure
ocean lover
gryffindor & slytherin
dauntless
reads 2 many romance novels
enemies to lovers fan club

my irl friends kinda ghosted on here..
WtW twins with ~rain~ who is amazing! Check her out especially if you're a tom holland simp :)
kathryn siena, my awesome WtW sister, she writes some gorgeous poems!
Help both of them reach their goals
New Goal:200 followers by November
Quotes
"I mean it's sort of exciting, isn't it? Breaking the rules" ~Emma Watson
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things - friendship and bravery." ~Hermione Granger Goblet of Fire
"My coach said I ran like a girl, and I said if he ran a little faster he could too" Mia Hamm
"You alone are enough, you have nothing to prove to anyone" Maya Angelou
"The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever" Anonymous

When You Get Dress Coded and Thoughts Run Through Your Head (fOoTnOtEs)

16
I'm not dress coding you just put on your sweatshirt
Then why do I have to put my sweatshirt on?
Our dress code norms are not gender neutral and we know that
Then why do teachers say it is and why is it not gender neutral?
Your shirt is distracting
But the tube tops the other girls where aren't?
Fix your shirt
Why aren't you telling the other girls that?
You need to be respectful
How was I being disrespectful?
Ten more, be careful of your shirt!
I've actually overheated from this, just let me have a small bit of skin showing!

And the classic....
You're not in trouble
then why am I here?

Idk just got dress coded today...it sucks. My cohort girls (me and 2 friends) wore the same above shorts shirts. I mean, I'm no crop top girl, but I do love my tank tops in the sweltering heat. It was 70 by the time I was getting ready for school...put on my tank and when I got there my teacher told me I needed to put on a sweatshirt cause I was distracting. This marks the third time! But a girl in another cohort had her breasts visible and her whole stomach revealing and nothing happened, also one of my 2 friends didn't get dress coded. I didn't wear the sweatshirt, I got sent to the office, the principals told me this isn't the first time and my shirt is not distracting but I need to keep the sweatshirt on. My second period teacher didn't do anything to any of us and my PE teacher told me to fix it, I had to wear a sweatshirt working out. But she didn't say anything to the other 2. My ELA teacher, last period of the day, took me aside. I'm applying for a program called WEB mentoring 6th graders and she told me I need to step it up and I was being disrespectful to my PE teacher. I wasn't. It's frustrating. I cried. Anyways, long rant, advice? Thoughts?

• sci-Fi

they're the problem not you.
    you were really brave to stand up for urself, and the fact that they totally gaslighted u just makes it worse. i'm sorry.

• Just_A_Memory

Who can I attack for you?

• River Rae

... debating if I can find the right person to punch or not. Ok maybe not but, ugh, that's annoying. If you ever need to rant just comment on one of my pieces, I'm good at listening to rants.

• books4life

re: thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!! :) i'm thinking of doing a short hunger games fanfic next haha

• books4life

Aww! I'm so sorry. let me know if you need to rant--I'm all ears! on a lighter note, zeus' eagle's epilogue is out!

Awwww, no, I'm sooo sorry for you. That must have hurt so bad that not only were you dress coded but you were singled out. That must just feel so terrible, I can't even begin to imagine. I'm so sorry, please vent to me if you need. And just know "you are stronger after" :)

• kathryn siena

re: it's a he. sorry if that was confusing. and thanks. I'll try to remember that. It's just hard sometimes cause my friends are always complains about how their crush doesn't like them back, but no one's ever liked me, and it's just... annoying. it's just annoying.

• psithurism

re: you couldn't wear LEGGINGS?!

• kathryn siena

re: yeah... kinda. I mean, this morning I was really happy becuase my school has this surprise planned for us todya and we don't have to wear uniforms, but...
    ok storytime. so you've probably noticed I have a crush. I though he really liked me, and I think he still does, but one of my friends, E, has a huge crush on her, and I think he likes her back. it kind of just hurts, because no one has ever liked me, and every one of my friends has had people like them, and it just leaves me wondering -what's wrong with me?
    lol sorry that was kind of a rant

• psithurism

re: Glad to hear you're doing ok. I'm a freshman, so this is really my first experience with AP classes. I'm taking AP Human Geography, and the class itself wasn't too bad, it's just the test I'm worried about. I mean, who wouldn't be? A good score means I can possibly earn college credit! Also, it's very odd for me to hear about your dress code experiences, as I have never been, or know anyone who has been, dresscoded. I know there is a dress code for my school, but I'm pretty sure it only bans clothing promoting alcohol, drugs, gangs, or anything sexually explicit. They don't really care if you wear shorts or tank tops. What do they prohibit in your school?

• SamRose

Re: Ooh I love your first day of Self Love! It was late here too so I wasn't up to read your comment XD I'd love to learn about a movement you are starting! I've been pretty good, how about you? Enjoying springtime?

• psithurism

re: My friends and I always joke that when we can see each other's shoulders that we're so distracted and attracted. We always say something along the lines of, "Oh my goodness! A shoulder! I can't control myself! Show some decency! So scandalous!" Anyways, I'm doing pretty good, kinda stressed though. My AP exam is in 4 days. Wbu?

• kathryn siena

re: yes! you go girl!!

• nolongeractive

Re: it is actually not a copy and paste comment

• psithurism

I like the new pfp btw.

• psithurism

This makes me so mad. We need to stop teaching girls to cover up and protect themselves, and start teaching boys to respect women.

• kathryn siena

that... *angrily throws computer across room*
    that is absolutely annoying. I don't understand why girls can't wear tank tops. Like, if we're distracting the boys, ask them to look away, not for us to get detention and change our outfits! I'm so sorry that happened to you.

• Parisienne

I'm so sorry that you're being treated like this!! I always really hated being told to roll my school skirt down (it was pleated, navy blue and reached to my knees -eugh) because it was *distracting* for male teachers and students. The issue here is not what women are wearing....it's men not being able to stop freaking staring. Anyways, rant over. Sorry though Delphi - it is such a horrible feeling. Take care of you.
    re: sorry my replies are So SLoW at the moment! My A levels begin next week so if I'm not revising, I am sleeping haha. I actually think your name is soo cute! Lovely to have one that is so unique. 'My childhood friend calls me Delf, or my guy friend/crush(?), ' awww this is so adorable! Crushing on guy friends is the best because you know and trust them so well but awahhhhhhh. Bless. Makes my day to hear about romance :)))))
    Hope you are having a great day and lemme know if you need any of your teachers slapped for dress coding you. I'll march across the Atlantic lol.
    Becca :)

• SamRose

Re: Of course! If you want more info or whatever you can talk to Just_A_Memory, she is sort of the ringleader of it all and she came up with it :)

• zebrastripes

I liked the format of your poem, it's so good. Honestly I totally agree with your take on the dress code. Oh, don't even get me started on how shoulders are so "distracting". But, maybe, if you want to do something, you can try to enact change. Get a lot people at your school to sign some sort of petition on the dress code about making new readjustments with the dress code and present it to the school board/principle. Maybe even work or talk to your student government (if you have one). Because in my opinion making a student wear a sweatshirt in 70 degrees (just because she/he wore a tank top) is totally unwarranted. I think if you get a lot of people (and let's be real I think at least 60% of the girls in your school) will sign immediately. With this the school can see how/why it's a problem and kinda be forced to change it. I know that's what happened to a couple schools (including mine) and it's worked. Good luck, I really believe you can do something great if you want to and have the passion to do so. Remember change will only happen if someone speaks up.