Zirong

- INTJ
- CA Alumni
- typical Libra
- Ravendor
- author of 1 book
- tennis & track team
- animes!!!
- singing & song writing & flute
- a perfectionist and a dreamer :)

- CHECK OUT my gorgeous twin sister Starlitskies!!!

CHECK OUT ALSO my bestie&travel buddy&amazing poet Parisienne!!! And feel free to join our John Green Appreciation Society if you are also a fan of his amazing books!(and perhaps his Crash Course Series XD)

Dreamers can never be tamed :)

Currently reading: *Ariel* by Sylvia Plath - "Love set you going like a fat gold watch"

If you need a peer review just drop a comment under any of my pieces :)

Happy reading&writing~

The Smiling Child

25
"Some people are different every day. Some people just stay the same. I don't like the latter."

"Well, I'm always the same."

"No," I smiled, passing the toy bunny back to her, "you are so different every time I see you -- by different I mean you grow. You always come to me smarter and stronger. You discover and explore new things in life all the time. You are the kind of people who learn and progress day by day, Ann."

Her outstretched hand stopped in the air. "What if I decide to stay the same some day?" 

"You can't." I laughed, pressing the bunny into her hand, "It's in your blood. And I'm so proud of you." 

There was a split second of silence. She dropped her head and started to fiddle with the long ears of the bunny. She's growing up fast, and getting ever better at hiding her feelings.

"So..." without looking up, she suddenly whispered, "Is that a roundabout way of saying you are gonna be stuck with me for good?"

"Well...maybe?" I hesitated. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. "Who knows?" It was already too late to cover up my nervousness with a light chuckle. I can't promise her. Not yet. 

"It's about time for dinner! Are you staying back with us, Mr. Wilson?" Meg waved at us from a distance. She was in a primrose apron. The same colour as Ann's hair.

I glanced at my watch and then shook my head. "Ok, gotta go." Crouching down, I gave Ann a little hug. "See you next time, Ann."

"See you, Mr. Wilson." She threw a faint smile at me, then ran into the orphanage, never looking back. 

had this idea when eating dinner...

I seldom write fiction. Feedback really appreciated! 

1

• Raven Elite

i love this, it's so sweet!

• celestialbard

this is so sweet!!!!!!
    I love your profile picture by the way!!

• Parisienne

re: Heyyyy Zirong!!! I hope this message finds you well and that the number of covid cases in your country have dropped!
    Thank you so much for your kind comments on 'Phoenix girl', I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
    Yes, the actual A levels were cancelled in the UK due to corona, but we had several really stressy exams to complete instead (so basically the situation wasn't much different to usual A levels, except we had a lot less to learn - which I am grateful about). Luckily they are all over now, so I am relaxing into a long, lazy summer. Best of luck with your exams, Zirong and PLEASE DON'T WORRY!! You are totally capable of getting great grades from these exams. You will be amazing. Not that this probably helps, but a brown-haired 18-year old English girl (currently in her dressing gown and slippers) is rooting for you. Best of luck and hope you are not too stressed *hug* <3.
    I'm so sorry your tennis matches have been cancelled. Coronavirus really is ruining all of our fun, isn't it?! I so hope they are back on soon for you! Haha yes, I will meet you at Wimbledon one day, I'll bring the strawberries and you can actually play the sport :). Definitely continue playing tennis at uni if you enjoy it! My sister was on the team at her university and she ADORED it! Have you decided about where you want to go to university yet (as in which country, as I seem to remember you were considering the USA and UK?)
    I'm glad you liked 'exothermic'! Faouzia has such a powerful voice, it astounds me!! I sooooo look forward to reading your Physics-inspired poetry!! Please drop me a comment when you publish it as I am very excited to see your (undoubtedly amazing) work!!!
    Of course I will tell you about uni life!! Am I right that your term ends in October, so you will be leaving later? Sorry not to know but our school years seem to be so different! My email is beccaseb256@gmail.com (maybe you could email me with yours so I have it saved), then we can still stay in touch!! :)
    I agree this site is too good to let go of! I'm glad you enjoyed your journey as a community ambassador, what did you do on this site as one? I know that there is an alumni network for those leaving WtW so I was thinking that maybe we can all still keep in touch on that? I'm not really sure how it works, but yes becoming a senior peer reviewer does sound like a good option. I really don't want to leave this lovely site!!
    Well, I have news too. Do you remember how we both said we'd love to have a summer job in a cafe? Well, I got myself one!! The people are lovely, and though it's only washing up and waitressing for now soon enough I'll be trained up to use the coffee machines. :)
    Your philosophical talk sounds incredible! I would love to attend something like that! Please tell me more, if you would like of course.
    I hope you are well and happy. Sending lots of hugs and luck for your exams (not that you need it!).
    Take care
    Becca <33

• Yellow Sweater

Oh goodness! this is so sweet!

• Yellow Sweater

Re: Thank you so much for your comment! And I agree lol!

• V-Rose

This link is for a new chapter of Moonburn!

• barelybear

Re: awh thank you!! But yes, perhaps that is a sign that you’ve been reading her work a little too much :D
    (Though you could find worse writers to be addicted to/ an adoring fan of :p)
    She writes so incredibly!! Yep it was really cool to see another tone, motivational in a strange way.
    Ahh that’s so cool! I love artists who twist images like that!
    Have a great day!! c:

• Molly_

Re: thank you so much! I really appreciate it :)))

I also really love this piece, it's adorable, if not alluding to something more bittersweet!

• Nikki

re: *blushes* queen you're too kind :)
    awwww <3

• Starlitskies

Re: Thank you! And don't worry, you'll do great in your exams! I usually make a schedule when I'm nearing a major exam so maybe you could do that too. It's basically a timeline and it keeps me on track in the months leading up to the exam, and helps me with my stress levels too cos I feel more in control of my time. I'm certain I sound like a major nerd right now, haha, but I like to believe that I'm a more balanced person. :) It must be something you already do, but if not, I hope it helps.
    Looking forward to your email and sending love and courage too! <3

• barelybear

Re: hehe there should be a potato cult :D
    Ooh your pfp!! Is that a wave? That’s so cool!
    Omg I see what you mean! I’ve just read Lady Lazarus and wow. Wow. Definitely a heartbreaking one, especially with the ideas of wanting death. It’s got a really quiet beauty to it, and I love that even the theme is something abstract, unique to Plath. I don’t read a lot of poetry, but I loved this one. Thanks for introducing me! Another abstract one I read from her was “You’re.” 5is was one of her happiest ones (I think??) so it was really lovely to read.
    Hope you have a great day!

• barelybear

Aww this is such a sweet narrative! I love the gradual melting, and how I gradually fell in love with Ann and Mr Wilson.

Re: thank you!! I’m so glad that of any piece I could write, I had a win that payed tribute to potatoes. I love them so so much, and ahh omg you do too!! A sure sign of an amazing person hehe

Also, you’re reading a Sylvia Plath book? I’ve started the Bell Jar in the past, and I’ve read a few of her poems and her writing is super beautiful. I’ll have to look into “Ariel” :D

• Starlitskies

Re: Thank you for your sweet comment! I've really been trying to engage more with the essay writing competitions on wtw, because I'm not the best when it comes to essays, so thank you for the feedback. It's nice that you're getting a holiday soon! Hope you have time to rest and do more of the things you love! Your ideas for the gap year sound awesome and it's so great to hear that you'll be back as a senior peer reviewer!!! :D That way we'll be able to keep in touch via the site too! :) I'm sorry about the cancelled selections but it's wonderful that you've found another way to reach your dreams. Thank you and good luck with your exams as well! If I had my exams this November I would be an utter stressed-out mess by now, haha. It's good to know that you're doing okay, and I'm sure you'll ace your exams. Sending love. <3

• HighEntropy

This is super cute. Very wholesome.. reminded me to write fiction as well after 2 years of just poetry! Warmed my heart

• Toikupu~est

Re: Hey thanks!

• Starlitskies

Re: Hi Zirong! Hope you're doing well. Thank you for being so patient with me and my late replies. I'm so excited to hear from you after so long! Thank you for your sweet comments on both my pieces. They really mean a lot to me, especially coming from an exceptional writer like you.
    I miss you too! Life keeps getting busier and busier doesn't it? I really can't wait to be done with school and all my exams. There's quite a large window between my exam and university admittance and I already have so many plans for then! I'll be sure to check out your 'Finale' piece twin sis! :) Fiction can be a tricky genre, I struggle sometimes with mine too. And you're right, it is better sometimes to leave things unfinished for the reader to imagine but if you are writing a sequel, I cannot wait to read it! XD
    Oh and I don't think I'm ever gonna forget interlude; I found it in my early days here on wtw and found it utterly delightful!
    To be honest, TEDx selections sound really intimidating! But I hope they have it soon, I know TEDx is a big dream for you, which I can't wait for you to achieve. I'm sure you'll get selected that's fabulous for a draft! <3 Hope the Covid cases are going down there it's not looking too good here. :( Hope you're staying safe!
    I didn't know A levels was called A levels there, haha! That's what we call it here too and that's what I'm writing next year's August. Do enjoy your pork ribs and don't worry I'm sure your applications will pull through.
    Thank you for all the wonderful recommendations, I'll be sure to check them out. And awwwwww yesss, one day we'll visit those museums! <3
    Your thoughtful comment on 'Transcendent' really had me smiling all day. Thank you so much! It means a lot to me. Thank you for the encouragement as well, I'm definitely gonna try my best to pursue a minor in English! :)
    It's really nice of you to check out my review as well. I'm working to improve my poetry reviews and your feedback really helps.
    Hope you're doing well. Sending lots and lots and lots of love your way! <3<3<3

• iamgroot

re: Thank you so much!!

• V-Rose

Chapter 2 of Moonburn!

• Nikki

omg this is so cute!!!! plus ann's character is just adorable uWu. i do agree with yaya, maybe you could mention 'I' is Mr Wilson? anyways, its a lovely piece :)
    re: awhhhh your so sweet. thank youuuu :)

• In Which Yaya Writes

Awww, this is so cute! I love it! It’s adorable! My only suggestion would be to make it clear, “I,” is Mr. Wilson, because it’s unclear until the girl in primrose yells his name. But, overall, this is adorable! Great job! Are you gonna continue the story?
    Replying: Haha! Gotcha!
    Oh no! You’re gonna leave soon? I’ll have to read as many of your pieces as possible before then!

• Yellow Sweater

Re: Thank you so much! I love that line as well. And thank you for your review! I am so excited to read it:)

• Starlitskies

For someone seldom writing fiction, this is splendid! Really love the characters here. The first two lines cover a lot of depth with such little words. I would definitely read if there was more! Also, I sent you an email last week or so. Just wanted to say, no pressure to reply soon, I know how busy life can get. Hope you're doing well. <3

• McK13

First off, amazing writing!! I'm a little busy right now so I'm only going to reply to your comments, however, I wanted to let you know that I will make sure to write a more detailed comment sometime shortly on this piece (and hopefully on a few others)! Reply to Run From Love comment: aww thank you so much!! I always think it's so kind when people not only read and comment on my piece but also quote my writing so I really appreciate you doing that! And yes, This Is Us a great show!! If you want, you should definitely look into watching it :)
    Reply to Painting My Life comment: aww thank you again!! Your comments are always so meaningful and I'm so glad that you think the rocks with inspiring quotes are so cool! Yessssss! That symbolism was also my favorite part of my piece too and I'm thrilled that you noticed it! And, omg no worries at all!! I take a long time to reply too so it's all good :) of course, your writing is so amazing! Yes, I agree -- Underdog is definitely a really uplifting song and that's awesome that you checked out some of Alicia Keys' music too! Wow! That's so cool that Still I Rise was the first English poem you ever read! Thanks!! Yeah, usually whenever I read poems I really enjoy, I read them several times to the point where I can remember some of them, including many of Maya Angelou's poems. It's actually pretty cool though when I recite them to people, especially if it just comes up in a casual conversation lol! Okay, I definitely will! I've been working on writing short stories recently so I might end up making a sequel and if I do, I will make sure to let you know :) have a fantastic day!

• Mpm#1

Re: Aw, thank you! That means a lot to me! It's kinda hard to hit that sometimes, when your feelings are like RaWr and <3 at the same time. Please do! I loved this! :)

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Aww! Thank you! Np! ;D

Re: aw thanks! lol I'm glad you like it; personally i'm not a fan lop. I agree, the ending's too abrupt, but lazy me got disinterested and I just left it as is :'P And np! All good :D

• YW_H

Hi!!! This piece is so well done and I am just so impressed by your ability to bring this piece to life! You are so beyond talented and I cannot wait to read more of your work!
    All my love,
    JAE! I hope we can be friends!!

• Parisienne

ZIRONG!!! I have so missed our chats. Sorry for this late reply. How are you??? I hope you are good! This piece is lovely btw, I love how you have the simplicity of childhood but then blend in other thoughts in italics. You do that a lot in your writing and I adore it!! Beautiful work :)
    re: Thank you so, so much for your kind comments, you are the sweetest for saying you liked my voice haha. Yes, my A levels begin next week *screams*, haha. Actually, I am just happy that I get to enjoy a few more weeks at college and that my exams will be over soon. I'm sorry that the atmosphere at your school is tense...good luck with every single one of your exams - I know you will do amazingly!!!
    I had no idea you were so sporty! Congratulations on your victory at tennis (picturing getting to see you playing at Wimbledon one day)! I hope the other matches have gone just as well :D.
    I completely agree about what you said with alone time becoming less of a scary thing as you transition into adulthood. Honestly, sometimes I just so need to curl up with a book or some music and get away from people!
    I am relieved your current Physics teacher is so much better than the other one. 'sleeping through all her lessons. Actually the same for most other students XD' haha!! I have a teacher like this too. My history one, bless her she's trying, but she just has the most monotonous voice on the planet. I can slowly feel the lids of my eyes curling shut XD. I love your idea on writing poetry combining art and science. There's this song that I really love (you might like it too) called 'exothermic' by Faouzia. Her voice is insanely good.. but what I love the most is how she used a scientific term to describe emotion. Anyway, your idea reminded me of that. Can't wait to see what you create Zirong...I am certain it will be interesting!
    I know, critical essays do sometimes in themselves deserve further analysis haha! ' I wonder whether any of the pieces you've published here are from your lit class, and if so, what mind-blowing comments your classmates gave you!' thank you, that is such a sweet thing to say! I actually write all of these away from college, none of my friends even know I am a writer and neither do my classmates. I am too secretive, I suppose.
    Love that you are buying the green tea shampoo!! Let me know if you like it :)! Yes, I will be living in a city by then too as I am moving to university in September, so I can visit the body shop much more easily (maybe even work there too!!)
    I really hope you are well and happy and best of luck with everything this term.
    Lots of love,
    Becca <33 *big hug*

• nolongeractive

Wow, this is such a gorgeous piece and I am obsessed with the way you organized it and I love the simplicity and the deep meaning, and the word choice really drew me in! Thank you for sharing this piece, I cannot wait to see what else you write because your talent is remarkable. This is piece is so remarkable! I love the theme and word choice, you are so talented.

• Mpm#1

This was really sweet... I'd love it if you continued this :)