Lata.B

"You are grand from your toes to your head. Take a deep breath and let that sink in."

Slytherin || District 1 || Abnegation || Libra || Samwise Gamgee || Chris Evans is mine || Newt || ENFJ-T ||

~Daughter Of Hades And Persephone~

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” ― Albus Dumbledore

“May the odds be ever in your favor!”
― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

A poem I wrote for history class

9
Education has failed to reach the ones who say “All Lives Matter”
They are the ones who should stumble down the latter
I will not lie
But I will indeed sigh 
All lives do matter but all lives are not in danger
Blacks are the ones who are on a glacier
I will not lie 
But I will indeed sigh
This is not saying black lives matter more
It just means they need help to roar
I will not lie 
But I will indeed sigh
The color of our skin should not be a reason to kill
Black lives matter and joy will overfill
As more people stand up for this
We will change the world bits by bits 
I will not lie
And I will not turn a blind eye

1

• books4life

this is amazing, i couldn't agree with something more. on an unrelated note,zeus' eagle's epilogue is out :)

• Nikki

re: ahaha im so happy that you enjoyed the poem! :)
    yikessss im sorry to hear that schools been a pain. yay! 14 more days, 12 more nowww! im doing okay, i wasnt very good for a bit so i stayed of off the site. but im better now! um so my vacations just started so im kinda excited. ooh im cutting my hair today. my hair has been red from the bottom for 2 months (i did it myself :) and i think its about time to cut it XD. i also discovered that our amazon is selling epoxy resin! do you know about resin? its a super cool art thingy that ive been wanting to try out :) how are youuuu? what have u been up to?

• Nikki

Hi Lata! omgggg how are you doing? awesome poem by the way! :) i had commented on a few pieces of yours earlier but you hadn't replied. is everything okay?

• ~Zoe N~

ok, so I was wondering if you have any book suggestions? I'm looking for something different from my usual style so I thought I would ask some people. thank youuuu

alsooo, on another note, I'm doing a Q&A and so if you have any questions, let me know.

I love this piece! I hope you're doing well <3

• GraceWritesTheWorld

Re: I'm glad we can agree that everyone has different opinions. And yes all lives matter, but I'm not "one of those people" who says it, I am just a conservative girl.

• GraceWritesTheWorld

Re: Hey, I'm not saying you're speaking for me, I'm using myself as an example, saying I don't like people speaking for me, so maybe others don't like when you speak for them. Sorry for my poor communication skills hehe It is just my belief that everyone has their own voice, it's great that you have this opinion. Mine is simply different, I think that every person should stand up for themselves, I admit sometimes they need help. But I think that BLM can stand for themselves, I am biased in this matter tho.. I just have a bit of a background understanding of BLM, and I personally do not support them. I 100% agree that black lives matter equally to every other life. I just disagree with the approach of BLM's so-called "peaceful protesting" where several officers, as well as a few innocent bystanders, were killed. I just think their approach is bad. These are just my beliefs. Maybe I am misinterpreting your piece. Please help me get it me if I'm not understanding this correctly.

• Mespotz

This is a beautiful poem, and I totally agree. When a person says "All Lives Matter," they pretend it's about equity. It's not. They're trying to deflect or deny the fact that Black lives are hurting right now, and it's Black lives that need aid in these difficult times. When in a hospital, there's a person who's dying and a person who has a cold, nobody goes around saying; "All Lives Matter." Nobody suggests that the doctor should help the person with the cold with equal urgency as the one who's dying. So why is this happening in the Black community? As a nation, we should support BLM and fully support the Black community "roaring" back to life :) And one culture can't do it by themselves.

You should enter this in the WtW poem contest!

RE: Awww thank you so much Lata, you're so sweet! Also um, I feel like Grace may have not taken this poem in not the way you intended it to (of course when dealing with any sensitive topic and poetic language, it's hard to ensure everyone takes it the same way) But just to flood your comments with what I think you intended is that the reason George Floyd's death and protests that occurred because of it have been so monumental is that there were people of all colours and walks of life coming together instead of mostly only Black people like there have been in previous years. We all need to stand together and raise our voices together for them to be heard. That shouldn't be the way it is but it is. As long as we use our voices for good change and raising actual awareness instead of just posting black squares (or overtaking Black voices), then I think it's very important to speak up and especially when a lot of them are wrongfully silenced. I hope that was a correct interpretation and made sense in the way I worded it cause I have a tendency to not explain myself very well haha.

• GraceWritesTheWorld

I like this as a piece, but I do have to ask; Are you saying that blacks can't "roar" for themselves? And what about Mexicans, Asians, Irish, and others? Ugh, maybe this isn't coming off as I want it to... I'm just saying, everyone has a voice, let them use it how they please and let them use it for themselves. I hate when people speak for me... I can't speak for anyone else here... But I just know it bugs me.

I love this! It’s so true and you explained it really well (plus it rhymes!) “ on a glacier ” was my favourite part.
    RE: Thank you!