crystalline•galaxies

Switzerland

tuffy
she/they
infp-a | 4w5

"i am made of memories."
-madeline miller, the song of achilles

“for victory is victory, however small, nor is its worth only from what follows from it.”
-j.r.r. tolkien, the children of húrin

"he was determined to discover the underlying logic behind the universe.
which was going to be hard, because there wasn't one.”
-terry pratchett, mort

tangerine flavored memories

18
she's standing in the shade of an orange tree, citrus-scented air hanging heavily on the overgrown grass covering her white sneakers.

her lover had met her here, once. they had wandered among the blossoming trees, picking flowers from the overhanging branches and sneaking it into each other's hair. when they tired of walking, they sat and talked, and she divided the other girl's sun-kissed hair into three sections and braided it down her back, leaving a kiss on the top of her head once she finished. as she cradled her lover's head in her lap, she had traced little shapes along the laugh lines at the corner of the peacefully closed cornflower-blue eyes, counting the freckles landing underneath. the setting sun, along with the golden head resting on her thighs, made her feel safe and warm. when they tired of resting, they had gotten up, giggling on each other's shoulders, and climbed into the battered old pickup truck that a friend had loaned them. the short drive took them into the country-style supermarket that smelled of dust and soda pop. nobody was there, save for the man sleeping at the cash register, so they decided to dance, singing gently into necks held tight against noses. they kept dancing until they ran into a basket of tangerines, knocking it over and waking the man, who forced them to pay for it. apologizing, they went back outside and sat on the dashboard of the truck, watching the sunset and eating half-squished tangerine slices. she put half a peel on her lover's head, making her laugh. nothing could ever separate them. ever.

a chilly breeze reminds her that summer is nearly over, that autumn is coming and with it the incurable ache of being alone. her lover is now somewhere else, far across the ocean in a city she will never have enough money to visit. next summer, they will be back together, but until then, all she can do is send whispers along with the wind and hope that it travels across the world safely.

for now, all she has is tangerine flavored memories.

• YW_H

ohhhh wow this title really intrigued me - this piece is so lovely and meaningful and really left me wondering in the best way!! u r so talented and i cannot wait to read more from you!! sending all my love <33

oh my gosh grijfoedpwq this made me so happy and hopeful and my heart is aching but a lovely kind of ache and ahhhhhh igreowpqwsdkjf <3<3<3
    re: also thank you tuffy i know ill make it work have a marvelous day, keep dreaming of those orange tinted days, they'll come soon enough!

• agathokakological

this is beautiful! the aching longing it fills you with at the end is really powerful. Also YES GAY GAY GAYYYYYYYY <33

• rwong

re: hihi!! i'm doing fine too...kinda busy but :/ oh well

• rwong

re: awww thank you!!! im glad it made you feel good that makes me much much happy :) how have you been, tuffy?

• ChimChim_1

Re: YASS stan the gays UwU THIS WAS SO FREAKING CUTE!!

re: YUP

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

GAY YES WE LOVE
    why am i not following you?!
    lemme fix that

NDLKSAHGLIDHDAGILSH how dare you fill me with such gay longing this early in the morning

(this is absolutely wonderful!!!)