Nyla

15

I wrote this a few days ago. I'd love to hear your interpretations! (if it makes sense, this is just another stream of consciousness poem- my mind will never cease to surprise me XD)

You can see everything from up there

15
Nothing made me cry faster than the beauty of (true) peace.
My heart aches with a wondrous thrum of love.
The mind that is never silent is silent.
I know you were going to run to me;
but I couldn't wait;
so I grabbed a bike and cycled till my legs were going to fall off;
then when they dropped like a melted lolly;
I flipped upside down to continue peddling;
my arms throbbed and the cyclical nature of my injury continued;
until I lay before you naked;
yet you still took me in your arms;
lifting me to the top of the tree.
That was when I knew;
everybody was wrong;
you are real.

What a beautiful poem! Glad to know I'm not the only person wondering where you are. Well, even though you haven't been active for a while, I hope you're doing ok :)

• Livsnjutare

This piece is so lovely! I love how it can have so many interpretations!
    also, sorry about my super long hiatus, but I'm back!

• Avril

hey Nyla, been thinking about you lately and missing seeing you around! Hope you're doing okay. We're eager for your return :)

• Zirong

aww this is so lovely, as always. You've not been active for 3 months - How have you been? We really want you back here *hug*

• psithurism

hey, you haven't been active in awhile, you doing alright? we miss you, ny <3

• Avril

Whoa this is gorgeous!! I read it through like three times...the scene just feels so vivid and complex. It seems to me this might be about God? But then perhaps that's just my own experience causing me to interpret that. Either way it's absolutely beautiful and maybe it's one of those poems that will mean something different to everybody, you know?

• beth r.

re: aw thank you so much! i'm glad you enjoyed the piece :)

• YW_H

Wow, this piece is just so brilliant! The lines, “That was when I knew; /everybody was wrong; /you are real” are just so genius and really bring the piece to life in magical ways. Also, your title was just so interesting and really drew me to this piece. I am so beyond lucky to have been able to read this and I cannot wait to read more of your incredible work! Sending all my love!

• McK13

Amazing piece! Absolutely gorgeous! The lines, “That was when I knew; /everybody was wrong; /you are real” is so expressive and very relatable! Also, congrats on 100 followers!! That’s so HUGE! You deserve each and every one of us :) Keep on writing!

• SamRose

Hey! The 3rd round of peer reviews are assigned! Here's the link, it's in the footnotes of the piece. :) https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/227979/version/492273

• psithurism

I'm not sure if I interpreted this correctly, but I saw major religious themes in this piece. Truly lovely work, Nyla!

• Yellow Sweater

Re: thank you so much! I adore the Six-word poem you posted into the chat! So good! Also, I would love to chat about a Cole essay with you! Which one?

• Via [ChildOfGod]

I love this and can totally relate

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

To me it seems like one of our childhood book crushes. And to your comment on my newer piece...
    Re: Yeah it was terrible :/ The second part hurting more :/ Ty for the offer, you're so sweet! :) And yeah, I'm trying to tell myself that. If you ever get the chance you could do a piece tagging the hashtag but ofc you don't have to :) Thought it would be something ur interested in tho :)