SamRose

15
Ravenclaw
LDS
Fairykind
Homeschooler
Artist (trying to be)
Writer/Aspiring Author
Bookworm
Siberian Husky Owner (Sky)
Parakeet Owner (Haven)
Horseback Rider
Daughter of Athena
Team Leo (Lol)
Joined 11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to read my work!

Currently working on two series:
*Kingdom on a Cloud
*The Other Side (collab w/VirginaTechGirl101)
Read them PLEASE! XD

Talk to me about Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Fablehaven, Beyonders, Five Kingdoms, Anne of Green Gables, :)

After you're done here, go read my real-life friend BriRiley's writing! And my WtW friends Ava Marie and VirginiaTechGirl101! They are all super talented. :)

Proud member and Co-President of the Cult of the Crunch (ask (sk)eyesofocher for more info)

Don't hesitate to ask if you want a review, comment, whatever! I love getting to know all the awesome writers on here, and helping you any way I can!

Want to collab? Just let me know! I'd love to! :)

Folded Rolls

They weren't even homemade. Just frozen dough, flattened into circles and folded in half before they were baked. Perfect to open up and spread butter in the middle. My grandma would make them for every Sunday dinner. We tried to make them, after she was gone. They didn't work out. We couldn't get them to stay folded. I don't know how she did it. We used the same brand of dough, but they just weren't the same. Not without her smile. Not without the confusion on her face when we made sarcastic jokes. Not without her hugs, and the clean ice cream buckets of flowers we would pick and set on the table. When she was gone, they weren't the same. We weren't the same. Nothing will ever be the same again. 
My grandma passed away when I was 12, and all of this is true. :/ Most people pull up the morning glory flowers, but my grandma thought they were pretty and let them grow. We picked them by the bucketful. :)

• April 22, 2021 - 10:10am (Now Viewing)

• Scorpious Malfoy

Wow! You really captured all the raw feelings!
    re: Thank you so much! #DieHardTeamLeo

• A. Penderwick

Aww, this is so sweet and sad.

• Ava Marie

This so sad, so sweet, and so well written. You did an amazing job and I'm sorry you had to go through that. Loosing a grandparent is hard, I lost two of mine this year, so if you ever need anything, don't feel shy to ask, I on here quite often if you need someone to talk to.

Re: I'm sure! <3

Re: Ohhhhhhh that was you??? I remembered reading a piece about a husky called Sky who had to be put down, so I'm immensely glad she doesn't have to! My dog also had problems with other dogs. She's a rescue, so we think she's had a pretty traumatic past, since Staffys were originally bred as fighting dogs. But we go to a really good training place, and she's getting so much better. Aww <3

• useless :)

this is so sad, but so sweet. i'm so sorry for your loss, i can't imagine what that would feel like...i'm very very lucky to still have both my grandparents. i love the piece though :)
    re: okay! i don't have any pieces needing to be reviewed, so i'll go and see if i can find some needing to be, but i'm good with reviewing two! :D

• BriRiley

Aww, that is sweet! I’m not crying, you are! XD You did really good!

• serein

re: your welcome :D

RE: Oh no, I'm lucky in that I only lost one but that must have been so terrible, especially at 8. And yeah, definitely :)

• serein

O my gosh this broke my heart. The short sentences were so effective in bringing that sad, melancholy, message. So was the repetition. I love this.
    re: Thank you for letting me know!! That's so nice of you to consider that. I think I'll be able to handle both peer reviews, though :)
    I don't really have anything that needs reviewing, but I found this piece that the author seemed to want help with:
    Thanks again for doing this!!

Awwwwww this is so sweet and I am so so sorry for your loss. The way you end off just makes it so powerful. "Not without the confusion on her face when we made sarcastic jokes" was so personal but also so relatable. I actually lost my grandmother when I was 12 too and it really hurt. If you ever want to talk about it, I'm here :)