Writing4Life

#BLM
Welcome to my profile!
Ruth/Star
14
Girl
Christian ✞
Homeschooled
ENFP-T
Actor
Writer/Poet (duh)
Equestrian
Singer
Pianist
Warrior Cats 4 Life ♡
Beach Lover ^^
Learning le Français ~u~
Want a review? Just ask!

In case you're wondering, yes my family and I lived in America for 8 months. (Kansas to be specific) Probably the best year of my life. And allll because of that monkey bread.
Mmmmm....

Dough-in-a-can Disaster

It's not always the food that you miss. 
Sometimes it's the memory that tags along with it.
Like the memory of making monkey bread when we were living in America....

We had never made monkey bread before, or bought dough-in-a-can, but it had been recommended to us, so we decided to give a go. Australians, living in America for 8 months can be an odd combo, especially when you're not used to food coming in a can (unless it's beans). We got our trusty can opener and started to open the can. Somehow we didn't realize that you were supposed to use a SPOON (why the heck a spoon?) to open the can. Yes...some dough was lost that day.
Then we realized you were supposed to use a frickin' utensil to smash the side of the can open, so we gave that a go.
And it worked.
Rolling plump balls of dough into cinnamon sugar was definitely satisfying (especially licking your fingers after).
Sticking them into a greased tin did give us a few doubts (would this really taste good?)
But pulling apart the puffy, sugary balls of goodness did raise our expectations a fair bit. (why have we never eaten this before?)
Now that we're back in Australia, we don't really eat that anymore (ok, we don't eat it at all), but the memory still sticks in my head (just like those little sugary balls of goodness sticking together). So yeah, maybe not the healthiest thing we've ever eaten, but those memories bring me back to a time when everything was alright.

• BizzleWrites

Re: Oh, I might have phrased my comment wrong. It IS about those things. But the point is also that the circus kind of represents societal rejects, which would definitely include LGBT+ people, and you saying you think it's wrong kind of goes against the whole point of the piece. I don't really know how to explain that properly.

• BizzleWrites

Re: I'm don't quite know how to respond. I'm glad you liked the piece I guess? But I'm not quite sure the point I was trying to make got through. Nevermind.

• Ava Marie

Re: Cool (but pronounced in a french accent (coule))

• Ava Marie

Yes I can, I've been in French since kindergarten, what about you?

• Gvotcho (also known as Max K)

Funnily enough i've lived in America my whole life and never heard of "monkey bread". Also what was your impression from living here?

• Caleb Urlacher

re: I chose not to include the name because the recipes on Google aren't right xd. I think it gives it a little mystery too.

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Yeah, sorry about that. :(

• Ellington Stone

Re: Aww, you´re so nice :) im 15 now.

• Yellow Sweater

Re: I really like your interpretation of the god making us in his image by giving us "with a mind and soul and heart" That's beautiful! I have never thought of it that way before.

Though I think your interpretation of the original sin is more classical, I have always interpreted humanity leaving the garden, as humanity becoming conscious, abandoning the blissful ignorance the rest of the creatures on earth enjoy. In my interpretation, the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil gave us self-awareness. This unconventional interpretation is partially an attempt to reconcile Genesis with scientific creation stories. I, of course, read the bible figuratively, so if anything I am saying sounds way out there, I'm just exploring possible metaphorical interpretations. (My mom once argued, sort of jokingly, that the fruit was actually a psychedelic mushroom lololol)

I have one major question that I have always wanted to ask a Christian. I totally understand that it is probably a question that would require a very long answer, so no pressure:) But... how do you reconcile the old testament and the new testament? Do you believe everything in both. Selectively read the old testament and the new testament? selectively read one or the other?

• Yellow Sweater

Re: How life formed is one of the great mysteries of the universe! And I definitely haven't ruled out the idea of a demiurge, but I doubt it would take the form of the Abrahamic God. Like why would something that created the whole universe takes a similar form to a human, I mean we are really weird impractical creatures when it comes down to it. I think that God created us in His image because we imagined Him in our image.

I like to think of this demiurge as a master pattern through which we weave our own patterns. It's the warp, we are the weft if that makes sense?

These are just some random ideas. I would love to hear your beliefs!

• Ellington Stone

RE: Ahaha, thanks!! And that beach looks stunning. Little secret: it is actually my bday today too, which is why i was inspired. coincidence? lol.

• Yellow Sweater

Re: I am not offended at all! And I am so sorry to offend you. I use blasphemy as a literary device, which I know is a bit inconsiderate to people of faith. But to me calling god names, even hating God, doesn't diminish my love for Them, rather imbues my love with more passion (I believe we have a symbiotic relationship with God. I believe that God is something we created, but that that doesn't make Them any less real.) Once again, I am so sorry if I offended you. I should probably take that one really "blasphemous" line out. It was inconsiderate. I would love to have a discussion with you as well!

• SamRose

Re: Yeah I'm glad, it was a little bit of a traumatic day XD

Yo I've only had monkey bread a couple of times but it's to die for

• SamRose

Re: Yeah she's the best :) Stella sounds adorable though. Sky is a little crazy... Huskies are notoriously hard to train, and we almost had to put her down last January for attacking another dog, but we got her a trainer and she is so much better trained now. She's a part of the family now, and we would never get rid of her, but I think if my mom could go back in time, we would have a golden retriever or a rescue or at least an older husky XD

• Ellington Stone

Re: Also, your pfp is awesome too!! I love the colors

• Ellington Stone

Monkey Bread is so good <3
    Re: Thanks so much!! I was totally going for that :)

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Yeah, we're not really allowed to have it much. Well I'm glad that we have made your year better. :D

• Awesome Sienna

Wait! The best year of your life!? Rude! Was this year/last year not the best year of your life!? With all of us crazy people here/there!? Offended.

• Awesome Sienna

Love this Ruth! Monkey bread is delicious, though I've only made it once or twice. Sometimes it's best just to leave monkey bread and the memories that come with it in the past.
    Re: Stupid auto correct! But I guess it works! ;D

• SamRose

Re: i do have a husky! She's a Siberian named Sky. :) Do you own/like huskies?