Zirong

- INTJ
- CA Alumni
- typical Libra
- Ravendor
- author of 1 book
- tennis & track team
- animes!!!
- singing & song writing & flute
- a perfectionist and a dreamer :)

- CHECK OUT my gorgeous twin sister Starlitskies!!!

CHECK OUT ALSO my bestie&travel buddy&amazing poet Parisienne!!! And feel free to join our John Green Appreciation Society if you are also a fan of his amazing books!(and perhaps his Crash Course Series XD)

Dreamers can never be tamed :)

Currently reading: *Ariel* by Sylvia Plath - "Love set you going like a fat gold watch"

If you need a peer review just drop a comment under any of my pieces :)

Happy reading&writing~

The Food I Miss

Braised pork ribs are a big highlight in my childhood memories and the craving still remains today. It used to be my favourite dish and my grandmother would cook it for me almost every day.

Even before the ribs arrive at the table, the blended aroma of braised pork, soy sauce and a secret ingredient that makes the dish shine -- red fermented bean curd wafting from the kitchen would really whet my appetite. From the moment my grandma steps out of the kitchen, carrying the steaming pot with her, I would not be able to take my eyes off the mouth-watering, tender, juicy pork.

The best part -- tasting it -- is yet to come. When I try to pick up a pork rib with chopsticks, sometimes it’s so well braised that it falls off the bone! As the pork slowly enters my mouth, the fusion of garlic, pork fat and various sauces instantly makes my taste buds sing and dance. The amazing taste absolutely deserves a whole page of praise, but unfortunately “taste like heaven” is the only description I can think of. XD

Growing up with braised pork ribs, I just never got enough of this classic Chinese dish. Now due to the pandemic, I’ve not been home for nearly one and a half years, and I’m not even sure whether it is still my favourite dish. But if anyone ever asks me about braised pork ribs, I’ll say it smells like Home, and tastes like Home.

• April 19, 2021 - 11:32am (Now Viewing)

• Starlitskies

hey I really hope you get to go home soon. sending hugs. and I have to agree with the previous comments, these descriptions are mouth-watering. The last line is really moving and overall the piece really touches my heart. Once again, I hope you get to go home soon and get to taste your grandmother's pork ribs again. Reach out if you ever wanna talk. Sending lots of love. <3<3<3

• Awesome Sienna

My mouth is watering at your descriptions. I know I shouldn't be hungry at 10:45, but I really need to eat some of these, like, now!

This is so sweet!