Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Originally posted 4/16/2021

and we were good

13

tears form in my eyes
a smile so softly bright
pouring forth from the ache
in my heart

we were together
and i was home
Today I got to see my best friends (Mr. Enoki [previously The Campbell's Kid] and his sister) for the first time since before COVID. I'm so painfully happy. The hours we spent together felt like a lifetime too short. It was wonderful.

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Aww! >u

• The Alegreya Queen

Who drew the picture in your avatar? It's so pretty :)
    Reminds me of Ravenclaw.

Also... I read a few of your pieces, this is probably my favorite, because only seven lines became so much lol

• In Which Yaya Writes

Wow, that’s such a long time to be away from someone! I’m glad you got to see them, though. Have you seen them since them?
    This poem is great! I love how short and sweet it is.
    Replying: Thanks for the suggestions! They really were helpful.
    I had to think about it for a minute, but my nickname is like the kid on the Sandlot. I guess you could say it either way, but that’s the way my little sister pronounces it.
    Yes, and I feel bad about it, but I guess when I don’t SEE you, I just read what you say, it’s easier to forgot that you’re still sick.
    Well, that’s good! I didn’t know you could have mold toxins in your system, but I would definitely want them out. You did say that this isn’t a “curable” thing, but you’ll be able to get some medication for it, right?
    I’ll be praying for her! I don’t know anyone personally who is on radiation, but I also know it’s really hard. Will she have to do radiation every day? I hope it helps!
    Wow, I feel like I sound so insensitive in my comments. I really do feel bad for you two, but I’m hoping that you’ll be able to get better or recover soon!
    “The Lord is my strength and song,
    And He has become my salvation.”
    -Psalm 118:14

replying: ah thank you so much. it makes me so happy that, that line stuck out to you:)<3

• WrenBirdWrites

Ahh So glad for you! :)

• mitch.momo

ahhh this is beautiful and rly hits close to home esp since i'm finally seeing a friend this week that i haven't met up with for like,, 2 years (wow) now? so the emotions of this piece rly resonated w me
    RE: ahaha tysm!! tbh i actually said "negative one" when i first recorded it but the syllables were iffy so i changed it lol (although you're right, i've actually never heard an american say neg1, i guess here in canada it gets so cold that we get lazy when talking about how the weather is neg40 (celsius ofc) yet again...)

• happygiggles

That is just wonderful Anne! It's great to be getting some sense of normality back after so long!

Awww this is so sweet- particularly the ending and describing a smile as "softly bright" is just so perfect!
    RE: Thank you! Haha, I was so scared to try it out cause I normally have practically no punctuation in my poems but it actually flowed really quickly!

• intoxicating starlight

aLSO! Guess what! I posted three pieces today! After a few month hiatus, I am back and writing. Please let me know what you think? Love you!

• intoxicating starlight

This piece captures the pure joy that comes from reuniting with a loved one or best friend after a long time without one another, and from the poem's simplicity, I find solace! This is exactly how I felt when I was able to see my best friend last year after two years without one another. "We were together, and i was home."
    Wow. Just, wow! T^T

• Yellow Sweater

Aww! such a sweet piece. I hope you guys get to see each other again soon:)