Minerva

Everest

1
Caroline roared, holding her shovel-like hands above her head, her long black hair shining on her shoulders. ““You ******* Idiot!!!!” 

"Put a dollar in the jar!" Rachel  squealed, her thin face redding, shoulders broad, and feet spread out. Pointing to a Mason jar stuffed to the brim with dollar bills.

"DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT"
*****BANG******

Caroline's fist hit the granite countertop, allowing ornate cups and saucers to fall across the floor.
The cups were leftover from tea with Rachels's parents. Three hours of talk about how excited everyone was for the girls' weddings'.

"That was my grandmother's china…"

"Well, your grandma's dead, isn't she!" 

"God, why do I live with you! Daves is much more pleasant."
Her voice was cold.

She liked him more. What was I to expect? He was her fiance.

Caroline spoke, her voice turbulent and high. "WELL, YOU ARE MARRYING HIM. YOU ONLY HAVE TO LIVE HERE FOR ANOTHER WEEK; I’M SURE YOU'RE THRILLED TO BE RID OF ME."

So dramatic..

"What the hell is your problem?!!" 

"I'm NOT THE ONE WITH A PROBLEM."

I've had enough of Caroline's crap. They were both getting married next week, couldn't they get along? 

"OH, YEAH?!!! SAYS THE WOMAN INSISTING ON CLIMBING THE TALLEST MOUNTAIN IN THE WORLD, WITH ZERO CLIMBING EXPERIENCE?!  SERIOUSLY CAROLINE YOU GET WINDED GOING UP STAIRSS!

Caroline's tears trickled onto the granite countertop, her leg cocked, her hands on her hips, standing at her full height. Caroline's shaking, crying, the angry bearing was frighting. She looked like a 6" 3 puddle of heartbreak, disappointment, sarcasm, and fury.

"I'd be happy to climb the K2 instead."  

Caroline suppressed a watery shriek. She wasn't upset about the mountain. She'd suggested it in a moment of panic. Mabey to start an argument. She knew Rachel was right; it was a bad idea. There was something else, something insane going through her head. That was the real problem.

Rachel rolled her eyes, and she began to laugh uncontrollably.

Doesn't she have the best smile? 

Caroline's mouth remained closed and straight, biting her lip to prevent her from smiling. There was something tragically hilarious about her anger.
"We can go to Everest another time." Carlone slid her glasses onto her nose and sat on the floor in an attempt to appear less intimidating.
That's the thing about tall people. You can't get mad without giving someone a god damn heart attack.

"Hm."
Rachel stopped laughing. She started sniffing and wiping her nose as she spoke.

"Did you talk to Mark about this future trip?" 
Rachel smirked. 

He thinks I'm an idiot.

He’s not wrong 

Caroline smiled.
"So, honeymooning in Paris?"

Rachel wait.
"Yes?" Rachel stopped and turned in the doorway. She, too, was above average height. A solid 5"8

"Rachel, I don't want to Marry mark."
Rachel stared.

"I want to Marry you."

• April 16, 2021 - 11:55am (Now Viewing)

• Sophiascb

oop- yeah i'm here for the end, and ridiculous arguing. this feels really authentic, i enjoyed the unique style it's written in