psithurism

she/her | christian
violist | nemophilist
est. 10/21/2020

on an unintentional semi-hiatus

Tell me how this made you feel. What was the first thought that came to mind once you finished reading?

37% of the population has O+ blood

32

i bleed and call it art,
but late at night i wonder
how many others have
the same blood type as me.
is every silken thread i pull
from the depths of my heart
just an echo of the textile moon
other poets have pieced together?
if you were to ask me,
"what are you thinking of, dear?"
you would only receive
an empty gaze and a soft truth,
i fear unoriginality.

1

• Just_A_Memory

Oh my gosh! I'm an O+! (I've had my blood drawn so many times I've practically memories my blood info) This is beautifully done, btw :P

• Mpm#1

... Tbh, my first thought was "holy shit... I like this!" This was an amazing read. How do you know what blood type you are? I've had my blood taken numerous times for medical things, but somehow I've never found out....

• bhumi

this is really good!!

This is amazing! I always wanted to know what blood type I have, but I've never tested it. That's cool you have O+ :) Isn't it the most rare blood type?

• beth r.

re: yas doofenshmirtz stansssss

• beth r.

Y E S.
    ik how it feels to think that everything has been done. i often think, "so like, what's the point of putting one's self out there if their ideas are probably nothing new?" i think every artist deals with that sense of doubt at some point. I'll let you know if I come up with any motivational response to that question...
    gorgeous writing!
    re: lol

RE: Aw thanks! And haha yeah it was- hence my late reply haha. Also, I finally recorded my poem if you want to take a look :) (lol, probably could've been better but I'm so fed up with it I just need to get it out of the way haha)

• rwong

ohhhhh this is so stunning and i dont even know what to say!! this is so beautiful and the wondering vibes you just send just a;lskdfj;l gorgeous

• Minvra

In my opinion, when it comes to these feelings, it's super important not to be so abstract and complex . Else we won't understand it, but rather simple. I like how you handle this feeling so much and it's so true. If the reader didn't understand it at first, you certainly confirmed it when you ended with "I fear unoriginality" or "other poets have pieced together". I think I'm going to print this out.

• Minvra

My first thought is a very common feeling I think every poet and storyteller should describe at some point in a easy and less descriptive sense (or else's people won't understand it). Unoriginality. What if you don't succeed? What about originality? There are others like you who you know aspire to be original like you. And there's so many out there that you wonder what makes you unique? You write things with all your effort and then you see other's works. You know full well they practiced and worked hard, but you can't help but think they have natural talent or something.

That's what I feel. I think it's something we don't see in successful people in their careers, that we only see in our peers in a community. Showing their struggle and making them more human. They're already successful so it's difficult for us to imagine they struggled like we are currently doing.

My first thought was "Oh wow. Stunning." You made me ponder this piece. Well done.

RE: Of course! And aww thank you, right back at ya! <3 Haha lol Google's so annoying. Although Google doesn't do that to my name (I'm just lucky my name has a few different origins and some famous people have it as well hehe) Word always puts a red line!

• ect.13

Re: awh! Such cute names! :)

• agathokakological

re: no problem! thanks for asking :)

• agathokakological

Re: here's an example sentence: ask em what e wants in eir tea. E takes the place of she/he/they, em takes the place of her/him/them, and eir/eirs takes the place of hers/his/theirs

• ect.13

Re: they're called Pig (the white/tortoiseshell one) - crazy name, I know - and Evie (the little grey one). What are yours called?

• resident philocalist

im literally stunned. speechless. which is saying something because i always have something to say. amazing job, darling.

Ohhhhh man, this is brilliant. Everything from the title to the word choice to the deep, resonating feelings. All of this is so so moving and beautiful and... wow. I've never heard this feeling expressed so well—this is absolutely amazing! I've read this at least four times, now. And it just keeps getting better.
    I love your work so, so much :)

• ect.13

Wow - this is incredible! Gorgeous poetry and your imagery is amazing. I've got to agree with Nyla, I love "just an echo of the textile moon / other poets have pieced together?". Well done :)

Re: thanks so much! That's a really interesting interpretation - no, it wasn't my intention, but rereading it I can see how it reminded you of Cinderella. It's actually a metaphor for the earth and climate change, about how we're destroying the planet but we can still turn it around and make the world beautiful again - 'the earth as reclaimed wood'.
    PS - they're my cats, and I love them to bits! They're so cute <3

• amaryllis

Did I follow you because you’re a violist? Absolutely. Did your work happen to also be awesome? Yes indeed :)

Wow. The first thought that came to my mind was amazement and then a realization that wait, honestly same. It's such a scary thing, I think it's cause we're always taught to be unique and be ourselves but when there's over 7 billion people on the planet, it can feel like everything we think of or do has already been done. I really loved "just an echo of the textile moon/other poets have pieced together?" because it was just worded so beautiful and I still understood what you meant!