BizzleWrites

I'm Issy.
I'm 13 and an aspiring artist and author.
Black Lives matter.
Likes:
Bi puns
Murder mystery TV shows
Art
Shakespeare poetry
Dislikes:
I can't even be bothered writing them all down
.
Goodbi
Have a nice day

Remember to write even if you think you are bad at it, you're not

Glowing Violin

2
I toss my hair out of my eyes. That princess thinks the world is perfect, she's going to pay for that. It all began last year, when the darkness descended on Heming worth Castle. Juliet and her two little friends (who I am like, 90 percent sure are dragons, but they don't look like any dragons I've ever seen), decided that I was to blame for the flame of light that resides in the depths of the castle going out. I was, of course, but that's another story. 
    I aim my bow at the open window of the west most castle tower. The arrow poised in place, waiting for Juliet to appear in the window. But she doesn't. 
    That princess seems determined to destroy my plans for the western side of desallekville, even when she has no clue what I'm doing. I'm going to need backup. I put two fingers to my lips, letting out a high-pitched wolf whistle. 
    In the distance, a tiny bioluminescent shape appears in the storm-cloud-ridden sky. As it moves closer, I can make out the curves and pegs of a violin. The only catch is that it has wings. 
    A second later, a violin bow appears, swinging gracefully onto the strings of the violin. As the bow and the strings touch, a blinding light appears, making it impossible to look at the violin.
    The music is like a lullaby, its notes soft and beautiful. To avoid falling under its spell, I concentrate on my fingertips. I concentrate on the physical things around me. I avoid listening to the song. 
    I may be able to avoid the effects of the lullaby, but the people in the castle weren't so lucky. I see one of the castle guards in the eastern tower crumple to the stones, sound asleep. 
    Time to finish the job I started. 

• April 16, 2021 - 2:05am (Now Viewing)

• Ava Marie

Re: That sounds like fun, I love writing about inanimate objects, personification is probably my favourite poetic device, although I do love a well placed metaphor

• Ava Marie

Re: I can see how that would come into play, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but is the narrator is the protagonist and the violin the sidekick?

• Ava Marie

Ohh, this sounds like a prologue to some sort of novel. It's really good!!!