Audrey

Aspiring actress, bisexual kid fighting mental illness, equal rights advocate, I just wanna do the right thing, y'know?

Hey everyone, first let me just say thanks for reading my writing! If you'd like to leave me some feedback it is much appreciated, however please do not leave comments like "you spelled this wrong" or "you're missing a comma here". I would rather be criticized on the content rather than the grammar.

Nothing Lasts Forever

PROMPT: 7 Cubed

0
Garden tools were strewn about the yard, rust coating most of them, weeds growing in patches were maybe a flower bed once lied. The house itself was old, if inanimate objects could die, then I'd say this place was on it's death bed. Paint peeling, boards nailed across the windows, all in all it was a sad sight. Still, it had been home a long time ago, sold it when I was just seventeen and my family decided that a good place for me to start my senior year was halfway across the country. Seeing the place in such a state, I wanted to find its previous owners and give them a piece of my mind. Calm down, it's just a house, you saw it one last time like you want, it's time to let it go. Leaning on my walker for support, I hobbled back down the driveway, slowly so I wouldn't trip, and entered the cab that would take me back to the nursing home.
The book was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling

1