_Delphiruns2theocean_

Delphi/DJ/Dee call me whichever idc :)
female
soccer & surfer 4 life
feminist
christian
californian
way 2 competitive
bit insecure :p
ocean lover
gryffindor
defy all stereotypes being a blonde female
surprising, romance novel lover ;)

WtW twins with ~rain~ who is amazing! Check her out!
And kathryn siena (help her reach her goal ;)
Goal:140 followers by July!
Quotes
"My coach said I ran like a girl, and I said if he ran a little faster he could too" -Mia Hamm
"Young girls are told you have to be the delicate princess, Hermione taught them that you can be a warrior" -Emma Watson
"Women belong in all places decisions are being made" -Ruth Bater Ginsburg
"You alone are enough, you have nothing to prove to anyone"-Maya Angelou
"I wish women would stop apologizing for those very things that make us women"-P!nk
"There are two powers in this world; one is the sword and the other is the pen, there is a third power stronger than both, that of women" -Malala Yousafzi

To My 8 Year Old Self (quick but hopefully readable :P)

3
Intro:
To my 8 year old self,
I know you're writing an essay,
'bout equal rights,
but I want to tell you,
some advice.
Verse 1:
When someone in your class of 12,
tells you it's not worth it,
don't be shocked,
I know it might feel numbing right now
but later,
they'll be worse names and worse scenarios.
Chorus:
They'll call you toxic,
they'll call you words you can't repeat,
for simple retaliations,
but I'm telling you,
don't you dare back down,
stand your ground,
cause I promise you,
not everyone's like them.
Verse 2:
Later when you turn double digits,
feminist rages become more often.
But you can still walk around without worrying if you're fingers 
will be forced to measure your shorts.
Verse 3:
But then you reach junior high,
it seems so far away right now,
but trust me,
it's not, enjoy the time you have right now.
Girls will be given last choice for all the sports,
your tank top is suddenly distracting,
and you'll learn to hold your tears back.
Chorus:
They'll call you toxic,
for simple retaliations,
but I'm telling you,
don't you dare back down,
stand your ground,
cause I promise you,
not everyone's like them.
Verse 4:
It may sound frightening,
your worst nightmare,
but I'm telling you,
you'll find some friends,
find people who believe in you.
Verse 5:
You'll be okay,
I know in 6th grade,
things get rough pretty fast.
You'll build walls,
and no,
no one special's broken the down.
But you'll finally stand up,
sometimes at least,
and when you do,
the dread inside you is partly away.
Chorus:
They'll call you toxic,
for simple retaliations,
but I'm telling you,
don't you dare back down,
stand your ground,
cause I promise you,
not everyone's like them.
Verse 6:
So oh little girl,
you'll be okay,
I promise,
it's not as bad as it seems.
I'd be lying,
if I said it was wonderful,
but the key is,
just keep getting
back up.

I finally took a stand today....long story short some football guys take over the whole quad and especially this week hit me in the head while I was eating. They don't wear a mask either and come near us. We started playing in the middle of their game with a soccer ball, and when someone else got hit, the principal had been standing there the whole time, the principal didn't care. So I took their football and threw it over the school fence over and over again cause they wouldn't stop. They called me and my friend in my pod toxic over and over again and got to cat calling. Principal didn't do anything :/ Very quick write tho, ten minutes max, what do y'all think?

• kathryn siena

re: are you serious?? that freaking sucks. I kinda have no advice for you, mainly because I'm going through the same thing with A and K. they shouldn't be doing any of that to you. that sucks, man. I'm here if you want to talk some more.

• Ava Marie

Wow this is so good!!!!
    Re: thank you!!

• kathryn siena

re: you can ask, and it's fine if you haven't been as active! I gave K the letter, and we didn't really talk about it, and my other best friend, A, wanted me too. I said I didn't know how, and K and I haven't really been talking at all since I gave her the letter, but K and A have gotten a lot closer, and I feel like K is becoming better friends with A, and that the letter gave her a reason to stop being friends with me, which I really don't want because K has been my best friend for 9 years.

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Oh, you haven't heard me!

• Awesome Sienna

So sorry you had to deal with that! The song has a great message that most girls would be able to relate to. Great job!

• flying_elephant10

re: school's been really stressful bc we've had state testing and i'm crushing on a guy who's older than me and i'm pretty sure he likes another girl, kinda stupid, ik. anyways, that's some of what's going on. <3 thanks for asking

• flying_elephant10

re: yeah, thanks for asking <3 just tired and annoyed with some people/myself

• ~rain~

i'm so sorry about that- those boys were jerks. you didn't deserve that at all. how are you holding up after that?
    re: thanks so much!! and ah... *covers face in embarrassment* i'm ok... probably seeing my crush later...
    how are you?

• kathryn siena

re: I'm glad it went well with you. I'm not going to be able to see K until monday, so I'll think about it over the weekend, but our friendship has always been like 'jokes and books'. and she tells me how she feels, and I listen, and I never really tell her how I feel, so it would be kinda hard to approach her and talk about it. I just don't know how, and I'm scared of what'll happen. We haven't really talked much at all since she read the letter, and I feel like we're drifting apart.

sorry for the paragragh. maybe I'm just overreacting.

• flying_elephant10

re: it's dramatized nonfiction, haha :)

• kathryn siena

re: thanks for asking. I gave my letter to K yesterday- the one that entailed all of my deep shit- and we never really talked about it, and now there's this tension between us, and I hate it, because our realtionship has never felt like this, and I've known her for 9 years.

• kathryn siena

re: yeah I guess you would get in trouble. it would be fun, though. thank you thank you thank you so much. I need them!

• kathryn siena

jesus. that- *angry sigh*. I am so sorry that happened to you, but you go girl. Personally, I think you should of thrown the football at their face. That would be awesome, but still, way to take a stand. This piece is a perfect representation of what girls have to go through while growing up. I love it.