LeeAnne Natalia

South Africa

I'm 16 years old . I like engaging in debates and public speaking . I believe in expressing your self and sharing your story.
Writing is living
Tumblr @leeanne a unique kind
IG @ Leeanne_a_unique_kind

I wrote this after thinking about my peers who have to change the way they are just to fit in. I love as much feedback as possible and please share your person experiences you have had just to be able to fit in .

The ones I call friends

6
They call themselves my friends
They say we are family
They feed of my soul
Turn me into someone different
They cant accept who I am
They put me against the wall 
I am suffocated with choices beyond me

They call themselves my friends
They say it is  Okay because we are young
But are we young or just being blind?
Fooling each other to a dark world
Destroying ourselves and taking others with us
Allowing the fear of being with out friends rule 

They call themselves my friends
What do I do
I shy away
I have to fight for my voice to be heard
Make it loud enough to be heard
Choice between being my self and being a part of them
Rebel or be rebelled against
Is it my voice ?
Is it the voice controlled by peers?

1

• LeeAnne Natalia

Thank you for the love , we tend to shy away from talking about such issues of peer pressure and trying to fit in. I've never felt so much love most of the people around me don't usually show much love towards what I write

Wow, this is really understandable, considering how many people face peer pressure. Well written!
    For me personally, I'm a really opinionated person and since I'm homeschooled I've learned to put my values first and not be influenced by people too much.

• Dragonfly

This is so well written! I can totally relate to it. It's so easy to agree simply to fit in and to stay quiet even when one disagrees. Personally, I can't live with such conditions so I try to surround myself with people, who like sharing different opinions and discussing things. Anyway, this is a really great poem! I hope you're having a great day :)

• bookmagic

The message is good. The execution is good. The title is good. I think we've got a new hit, Bob!

• BizzleWrites

This is so good!!! I really relate to this poem, in how you have to make a choice between being around people who aren't really your friends or being alone. This is a really great piece!