nolongeractive

Love you all!

her

14
I feel worthless, I want to change
I feel different, they think I’m strange
I want to reverse the time, but how?
Born as her, nobody else
But, it’s something I’ve been scared to speak about

If I was her
Would I feel better now?
How?
Living like her
Would I be happy now?
How?

She is gorgeous, she has power
She’s so strong, and I’m a coward
I wouldn’t have to scream and shout
To be noticed whenever I go out

She has so many things
Fame, money, and beauty
And, I will never find peace
Until the day she becomes the ‘new me’

If I was her
Would I feel better now?
How?
Living like her
Would I be happy now?
How?

If I was her
Would I feel better now?
How?
Living like her
Would I be happy now?
How?

She has so many things
Fame, money, and beauty
And, I will never find peace
Until the day she becomes the ‘new me’

Acting like her
Looking like her
Changing like her
Loving like her
I want to be her
I’ll do anything
Please, tell me how

If I was her
Would I feel better now? 
I would feel better now
How?
Living like her
Would I be happy now?
I would be happy now
How?

Is it not meant to be?
Because there’s an ‘I’ in ‘him’ and no ‘I’ in ‘her’
I’ve tried to move on
But, I can’t help it 
I just want to be her
And, there are so many girls who I want to be
I don’t think my gender should live my life for me

If I was her
Would I feel better now?
How?
Living like her
Would I be happy now?
How?

But, if I was her
Would I want to be someone else?
Hey, everyone! Here is my new piece! This may be one of the most important ones I have ever done. It is basically about how, since I am gay, I have struggled with wanting to be a girl; in this case, a specific girl, who shall remain unnamed for the time being. I wanted to be her and loved her so much that I haven't been able to love myself or enjoy being me for the longest time, which is hard. Overall, this piece basically revolves around my feelings whilst trying to find my identity, along with the lessons I learned from the experience. 

In the end, I hope you all love this!

Also, some of my songs that are coming out from my upcoming album soon are:

ursula

girlfriends

too young to be sad

What are you all most excited for?!? Let me know!!

Much love!

• McK13

Hi Jacob! Sorry I haven’t been commenting in such a long time. Some people had been saying things about copied comments but tbh I’ve recognized that even though it’s true, you deserve a chance to change that and stop the copied comments. Additionally, I found it kinda uncomfortable when you would ask me about my name, where I lived, and referred to me as “pretty” so please don’t do that anymore. Though I completely understand that you didn’t have any clue this bothered me since I never notified you about these concerns I had until now. I hope by sharing this with you, we can still be WTW friends or something. Also, I realize you haven’t been on in a long time and this piece is very emotional so if you’re having trouble coping and/or our struggling, I want to let you know that you can talk to me just by commenting on my page. Though, this song is also so powerful and very expressive! Like many WTW users, we use words to overcome adversity and I love that you are doing that so gorgeously here :)

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: thank you so much. really means a lot.

• aalawrites

Wow. Another GREAT song! You are so talented. Can't wait to see more from your album!

• Ava Marie

this is so good, like all of your songs. I just noticed that in your profile you said you are a dancer, what styles of dance do you do??

• pyrrhic

hello, jacob. i would really appreciate if you could avoid leaving copy-pasted comments on my pieces. i put a lot of effort and emotion into all my pieces and these sort of comments feel very impersonal and invalidating. you can't claim that the comment isn't copy and pasted, because not only have i seen the exact same comment on other people's pieces, but i've seen it on my own pieces multiple times. if you don't want to leave a comment at all, that is much preferable to you leaving a pre-scripted generic comment that you've left on multiple other pieces.
    if you need further clarification, please don't hesitate to contact me with non copy pasted comment.
    regards,
    phyrric

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

re : ever welcome! ^-^

So are you ignoring me now?

• Jason_claire :)

This is such an intriguing topic coming from you and I love the gentle way it fits into your character (I've felt the same way before, but it makes me dizzy thinking of every possibility change could hold.) I loved the flowing rhyme scheme that came in went across the stanzas and the line 'Because there’s an ‘I’ in ‘him’ and no ‘I’ in ‘her’" was so genius!
    replaying- Smile, thank you so much :) Also, sorry I got back to you so late . . . between school and sports and scouts (ha, all s's) my semi-post covid wake-up call has been hectic.

• Rachaelgrace

Wow, I love how this poem is composed of almost entirely questions, I think it makes it really powerful. I also think it is so hard when you desperately want to be someone else! Even though I don't know you personally, I know for sure that you are wonderfully made and extremely valuable! You also clearly have so much talent as a writer. <3
    Re: thank you so much :)

• Parisienne

Np! Much love
    <3

• Parisienne

Gorgeous Jacob...really loved the power in this and I am sorry if you are struggling at all. Always happy to chat if you need to speak to someone. Lovely song though, and such a powerful message.
    re: tysm
    Becca xo

• Nikki

about this piece (sorry i forgot to comment on it). it is just gorgeous! you can see the clear way the writer struggles with identity issues. plus, it is put forward in such a beautiful and safe manner.
    'I don’t think my gender should live my life for me' AAhhhhhh! so much power in this lineeeee, it has to be my favouriteeee! <3333

• Nikki

re: omg i am sooooo sorry for not replying sooner. thank you so so so much for your love on my piece!!!!! your are just so sweet, and i am so happy that it struck many chords within you! thank you for the support <3333
    also thank you for your comment on my old piece. ha i didnt think anyone would ever go back to read it. tho did you mean to post that comment for another piece? cuz you said you were excited to see when i'll post another piece, but that was a very old piece? anywhoo, perhaps it was just a mistake :)
    but.... i am posting my competition piece, and i'd love love your feedback on that. i've noticed that you post such sweet comments on pieces. please dont hesitate to give negative feedback or just ways to make the piece better :)

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Your words have so much power! Keep writing! You rock!

• Sophiascb

re- thank you so so much!
    This piece is so powerful. Gender identity must be so difficult to struggle with, but you've really turned it into art. I love love love the line- "I don’t think my gender should live my life for me" and the ending two lines. They, as well as the rest of this piece, are beautiful!! :) ps- if you ever need to talk to someone I'm here