almost flora kane

my pen name is flora kane. i'm sixteen. i'm also a slytherin, infp-t, christian, maladaptive daydreamer, and generally insane. est: 3.30.2018.

where should it go next.... any ideas? i might use your thoughts as inspiration, be warned lol

she came from english. i was only passing by... {3}

4
“you alright?” harry says from across the restaurant table. i glance up from pushing my silverware around my plate, returning to reality, and taking note of the creases in between his eyebrows.

“yeah, yeah,” i reply, waving my hand to the side and shoving a forkful of food into my mouth. “don’t worry about it.”

“alright, but this might be a bit awkward if we keep sitting here in silence,” he says with a shrug. i grimace in agreement. truthfully, he knows i’m not acting normal, especially since i’ve known him for almost two years now. he’s the one who told me we had to go get some food, trying to get me to talk. 

“harry…” i start, hesitating. 

“yeah?”

“how do- i mean... what if-” 

“take your time,” he says, laughing around his bite. 

“i don’t know how to find this girl,” i manage. he stops suddenly, fork halfway to his mouth. halfway to the stairs, halfway across the room. the surprise is evident and palpable. it’s obvious he was expecting something deeper. 

“what did you say?” i meet his eyes and they’re sparkling with amusement, the same sort in hers at the coffee shop. 

“i have to find this girl,” i sigh. “i met her a couple of weeks ago, and i haven’t seen her since she told me her name.” 

“is that really why you’re sulking?” he’s grinning as he says it, not ready to let me live it down. 

“whatever,” i mumble, shoving more food into my mouth before i say anything. 

“hey, hey, i mean… it’s cool.” he says quickly. “but you’re really dramatic, you know that?” a smile breaks out over my face and its only a few seconds until we’re both laughing. 

“i know, i know. still, do you have any ideas?”
part one
part two
mainly dialogue for this one as you can see. and almost 100 words more than the 200 goal, but that's good haha. what'dya think?

• April 12, 2021 - 11:03am (Now Viewing)

I absolutely love how you’re able to wrap up each chapter in such few words and awwww this story is getting cuter by the part. Would it be too much trouble for me to ask you to remind me when each part comes out? I nearly missed this one and I do not want to risk that again! It just melts my heart each time!!

Endearing, glorious