Odysseus

{Formerly AGreatPerhaps/FromEden}
Er, hello there. I'm trying my best to write something real, so please stick with me for a bit while I figure it out.
-Hozier lover
-Dark chocolate
-Academic
-Writer
Happy fall!

“Tears were warm, and girls were beautiful, like dreams. I liked movie theaters, the darkness and intimacy, and I liked the deep, sad summer nights.”
- Haruki Mura

“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.”
- Stephen Chbosky

“Does such a thing as "the fatal flaw," that showy dark crack running down the middle of a life, exist outside literature?”
- Donna Tartt

“Movie star James Dean said, "They've got to see us," just before slamming his Porsche into another car. I know so many last words. But I will never know hers.”
- John Green

“I am made of memories.”
- Madeline Miller

Zion hört die Wächter singen
Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme

With Friends Like These

4
    I don't remember the first time I saw them. I think it was at the beginning of this school year- that makes the most sense, so let's say that was the first time, just so I can keep things clear.
    They were inside the cafeteria, laughing. Three girls, one boy. They glowed with youth and with happiness. They leaned on each other and smiled at each other and I could see them getting older together. And I thought to myself, never, ever leave each other.
    I've always liked to imagine myself as a prophet. Why not? I have strange dreams, sometimes, about my friends and about life. I get deja vu consistently. Once, not too long ago, I imagined my friend in her late teenage years, singing her heart out on a stage that was always meant to be hers. I told her this later on. In a few years, we'll see whether or not my vision comes true.
    Back to the friends. I don't know who they are, or where they come from. I still see them, from time to time, walking around campus. Even on their worst days, even when they're tired and frowning; they're together.
    And maybe the universe will tear them apart in a few years. But friendship is like summer; it's not everlasting, certainly, but when it shines on you, you can't help but bask in the moment.
    For now, I will think about them in the way that only sentimental people do; God, how amazing it would be if they stayed together. People tend to grow tired after a while- time weathers down friendships like water and rocks, creating a canyon that grows bigger with each passing year.
    For now, I will imagine them later in life as they are now; young, happy, together.    

• Tachi

re: yeah I wanted yo read it but I don't really have the time rn :/
    It's supposed to be a really good series of books though.

• Tachi

Re: yay! okay but like you seem aewsome- I love the books you read-

• Tachi

re: okay I'm not sure but I feel like I've read that in a book called The perks of being a wallflower. Is that it? like I'm no 100% sure but still

• Tachi

"Because no one can catch the motherfucking fox.”
    :>