psithurism

she/her | christian
violist | nemophilist
est. 10/21/2020

on an unintentional semi-hiatus

for a friend

jasmine tea girl

17

talking with you is the moment
i take a deep breath after a sip
of jasmine tea, the flowery scent
calms me just like your presence
dear, and every time i think my
admiration for you has reached
its limit, you strike me again
suddenly, as if i was driving
under a bridge during a rainstorm
the silence is deafening, and i
think i just realized, i'll never
fully understand you, will i? but
i don't mind, if you're happy being
a mystery, then i'm happy for you

dearest jasmine tea girl, i hope
you know you're not alone, i get
trapped up in my own head too
i hope you are well, and my that
my heart has not disturbed you

• YW_H

This piece is so well done and I am just so impressed by your ability to bring this piece to life! You are so beyond talented and I cannot wait to read more of your work!
    All my love,
    JAE! I hope we can be friends!!

This is such a pretty poem; I love the inclusion of jasmine tea, it makes the poem seem so serene for some reason.

RE: Haha and thank you so much again Psi!

Heyyy- here’s the link to a post (scroll to the footnotes) that’s going to explain what I’m going to do with my book.
    No worries if you opt-out (that’ll make more sense when you read the post! XD) because I know you have to spend time writing your own book (yes you do, I want to read it one day!). Anyways, hope you’re having a great day! :)

RE: Awww Psi (that's your nickname now (if you're ok with it of course) cause it sounds more personal and cooler than psithurism) you're so sweet! Thank you! <3

RE: Haha loll, and oh, well that’s awesome you have it all planned out- that’s the hardest part. And ooh fantasy adventure, how interesting! Maybe you should try dreaming it out a bit and then write down your dreams until eventually someday you’ll start it off in a way you like? I don’t have a lot of mine planned out yet, just the base part of it. Of course :)
    Ohhhh wait, I never even knew that. I’m so dumb lol! That’s why so many people only share the first few chapters of their books here. Hmmm, when I wanted to write a book a while ago my mum said that I shouldn’t get my hopes up because no one would ever publish a kid, but if my idea is actually good and as I write it, I end up fleshing it out a LOT more, maybe I could re-write a bit as an adult. Yikes, I don’t want to run into any issues either. Oooh wait, maybe I could just share (like in the comments of people’s pieces, not a piece itself cause that would get taken down) a Google doc link to get some feedback but not actually publish on the site. Ahhh idk, maybe I should write a few chapters and see if it even works. Loll, hope you enjoyed my rant and thanks for letting me know cause wow, I didn’t even think about that stuff!

RE: Hahah! No, dw it takes me a while too! I actually wrote like 500 words of it yesterday when I was playing around with it and I didn’t have school today so I had a lot of time! But honestly, why do stories take so long to write? I can literally sit there and have so much fun and feel like no time has gone by at all and then all of a sudden oh look, 200 words and an hour has gone by XD (I don’t actually know my writing speed lol) And haha, we’ll see if I continue churning chapters out or just give up halfway though! XD
    Also ooh, you're writing a novel! What's it about? Are you ever going to publish a bit here because I'd love to read it!

RE: Aw thank you so much! I'm really happy to hear that and yeah, I think I will! I've actually just gotten a little *burst* of inspiration so I wrote a draft out for the first chapter! I'm going to try to edit it a little tomorrow and the day after before posting it, but I'll be sure to let you know when I do. Thanks so much again! <3

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: No I did not. Should I..? :)

• Melancholy Celestial

RE: pfff, your poetry is never cheesy. It's too ethereal for that. I guess my trick is that I sing almost every poem I write as I write it, so if the rhymes don't sound good aloud I know it isn't working.

• only_a_mirage (bird)

re: haha

• only_a_mirage (bird)

re: i was doing the project and then thought oh wait i can use this

• Odysseus

RE: Good "Oh my" or bad "Oh my"??

Noooo the ending was just oh so sweet!! And the commas you used added to the pacing of this poem sooo well. The footnotes as well- they just totally add to the poetic feel and only describing this person as jasmine tea girl was so mysterious and lovely!
    RE: aww thank you so much!
    (also oh my, I know this is supposed to be for a friend but this can also be taken super romantically, and just, ugh, why'd I have to see this today after I just dreamt about [blank] when I hadn't for like a literal year LOL)

our jasmine tea girl is one of a kind :) this is absolutely brilliant, my friend! wow, i love this
    :) <3

• Melancholy Celestial

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiwwwwwwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiii(you're gonna make me cry in math!!!!)asdjkfhuweifalefuuuuiawefl<333

• PhoebeM

Wow! I love this!