Nyla

15

I haven't edited this or anything (literally just my weird ramblings XD) so feedback would be great! :)

Mist of Life

12
Fashioned from a bone
Should I long for the other part of the cage?
Or should I take advantage of what time I have?
Wearing flouncy open dresses of desire
And dark restricting jeans of revenge
But if I stretch out my arms to grab your beating heart
And rip mine in a sacrificial routine
To give up all evil, negating yours
My thoughts swirl in a grey fog out of my brain
Pushing out of my eyes and ears- never my cracked mouth
Losing all sense of logic and emotion
Jumping at them in an attempt to remain whole, I drop
Weak
When we join, your skeleton stabs my flesh
Drawing red liquid to meet your own
Our souls intertwine but
Pathogens crawl from your restricting role
And the sun's eternal waltz with the moon
Slowly fosters the disease
Our stars stumble and drift in the sea of despair
Yellow turns to red and my eyes clouds over
As I reach my fingers 
To graze your stubble of fate
It escapes through my pores
Oh mist of life
Were you ever there?

• April 12, 2021 - 10:10am (Now Viewing)

• useless :)

wow, this is beautiful!! the imagery was gorgeous...i love "my thoughts swirl in a gray fog out of my brain", "the sun's eternal waltz with the moon/slowly fosters the disease", "our stars stumble and drift in the sea of despair".
    the ending is so interesting too, i love how it ends the poem ends while giving off another meaning than it did originally.
    re: ahhh noo i cringe every time i reread that XD. thank you, though!
    haha maybe i'll try sometime.
    oh lol. yup, ur not alone ;)
    yeah!! i've had a lot of energy all day today too, so that's nice, tho i'm not sure why, since yesterday was kinda another late night.
    aw that sucks. i have braces and i'm two years into it so all i had to do for a while is straightening, which doesn't hurt too much, but recently my orthodontist has made me wear rubber bands (which i need to stop forgetting to put on haha) but they get so sore in the morning!
    lol yeah, i hate how much pressure it puts on them.
    ikr!! that was actually an exception haha, i normally dream the weirdest things. i've been getting nightmares a lot more often recently so that was kind of a relief. right!? my brother usually dreams about stuff like going to a place and something slightly unusual happening...last night he dreamed about going on vacation. not the case here haha. maybe 5% of my dreams make sense? probably less haha. what's the most random or scariest dream you've had? (if it's not personal or anything lol)
    yeahh the night definitely hates me too XD
    ohh okay, that makes sense. where i live a lot of the girls are those starbucks fanatics who absolutely need to get a drink before (and after, fOr gOoD mEaSuRe) school every day. i'm happy with just going whenever lol
    thank you!!
    hmm. from a practical standpoint, being deaf is easier because you can still go about your every day life (with a lot of adjustment, ofc. i don't want to downplay what people who are deaf have to go through)
    for just simple things, i couldn't read or write if i was blind, but i couldn't listen to music if i was deaf and that's like, my coping strategy for almost anything haha.
    ahhh that's hard, but i don't think i could deal with never seeing the world again, so i'm gonna have to say i'd rather be deaf. how about you?
    and another would you rather...would you rather be able to see into the minds of others for ten minutes a day, or see an hour into your future at any point during the day?

• nolongeractive

Hey, Nyla! My new piece is out now!

• aaliyahh

this is very beautiful, it's a little mysterious, at the end...but it's so elegant i a way, i love it!!
    re: and i'm responding late once again!! lol my bad...and omg you only have to remember 4 battles!? that is awesome, i'm now moving to Canada! we have so many battles, and like individual battles within different wars it's insane..your country seems so peaceful i love it! and omg- i loved bunk'd and jessie...it was so sad when cameron boyce passed away; since i watched him for a while. i also loved when they came out with the descendants movies..i was absolutely obsessed! and yess i agree! ooo sleeping beauty is such a good movie, and i was always fancied by the name aurora! it's so beautiful. (i might write a piece named aurora, and write about beauty maybe)...and YES MULANN!! i always loved her. she's so brave, and heroic, and absolutely beautiful! -also i was obsessed with the soundtrack and sang it all the time...my mother might have gotten a little annoyed haha! and no the live action wasn't the best, but i did like it! i actually enjoyed it, because it painted the picture of mulan and her story, just without details. and they forgot mushu!!! like omg that's what i was waiting to see... and you should ask your dad to get amazon prime again haha! they honestly have some really good shows, and movies! and ugh really? i'm already a hopeless romantic as it is..sadly XD
    hope you have a good day!!!

• nolongeractive

'her' is out now!

• psithurism

re: Oh my goodness you're so sweet! Btw, your piece is fantastic! :)

• gabimarie (hiatus)

re: thank you! i'm so glad that you enjoyed it! haha yeah it's a little awkward but I'm getting more comfortable with writing in second person.
    thank you! i actually used the yellow and orange as an example for me and my friend, so thank you! I'm so so happy you liked it! have an amazing day :)

• nolongeractive

Re: Sounds great, and thank you!

• nolongeractive

Re: Could we start over?

• xx carolina xx

re: thank you!

• nolongeractive

Re: I actually am not copy and paste commenting, and I refuse to do it anymore. But, I mean you can chose whether or not you still want to be friends. I am sorry, and if you don't mind, could we put this behind us and start over?

• nolongeractive

Re: I understand, and I actually stopped copy and pasting comments forever ago, and I have left nothing but genuine and positive and meaningful comments on your pieces ever since; I have only been trying to change and be nice. Moreover, if you still don't like me I understand. But, I am sorry.

• ~wildflower~

Re: thanks for your kind words! And I completely agree. I’d always though that symbolism wouldn’t be that hard to write, but I have very much proven myself wrong! Thanks again :)

• Ava Marie

Re: They are definitely the weirdest

• Ava Marie

This is so good! I love the way you separated the lines and how nicely everything flows.

• nolongeractive

Ohhhhh wow I loveee this!!! It is so unique and honest, and I love the way that you used the physical and mental descriptions within the piece!! You have so much talent and I cannot wait to see what else you come up with!