Nikki

feminist
fantasy freak
would marry Inej Ghafa any day
yes, i cant ever my eyeliner to be straight <3
writes, because the other option is shutting down

Yay! we have finally reached the final draft!
For this piece i have to thank....
aaliyahh (who is the kindest human alive)
In Which Yaya Writes (who is the smartest human alive)
Nyla (who is the nicest human alive)
Zirong (who is the sweetest person alive)
Yellow Sweater (who is the awesomest human alive, with great grammar)
Mespotz (who is the most insightful human alive, with the greatest points everrrrrrr)

I really do want to give you a back story here, but i feel like it would ruin the magic! anyways, i hope you enjoyed this piece. i had so so much fun writing it! :)

Pieces of shattered glass

Men of bad habits and women with lipstick-stained glasses,
they dance all night in their pretty palaces.
While we search for love in the ashes.

Three years of hospital rooms,
I learned to find comfort in those clean white walls.
Holding my mother’s hand as the fumes
of antiseptic, threaten to overwhelm me.

His entrance causes everyone to stare.
they waltz under the bright lights and quick whispers.
Yet blood on his hands, he runs towards to the woods in despair.

I remember a day from when I was eight,
there was screaming, for my sister had sinned.
It was then that I promised to create,
a mistake that couldn’t be tracked back to me.

He doesn’t know why he killed her,
won’t ever know.
Perhaps now, his story could finally get over.

My painful finger tips and bitten cheeks.
I promise you that one day,
I shall leave.
Yet, I’ll never forget to say goodbye

Yet I’ll never forget to say goodbye.

• Mpm#1

THIS my friend. THIS hits different. :)
    Re: Thank you!! I wrote this with a couple of people in mind... Luckily they'll never see it and even if they do, they probably wouldn't realize it is about them... I'm doing decent enough, little stressed though... How about you?

• Zirong

ooo final draft! I'm super late here but I'm happy that my review helped! And I'm the sweetest person alive alkdfjlksheilrjlf??? XD thanks a lot haha -- you are definitely sweeter than me awww

re: your comment made my afternoon as always! And it's okay haha maybe you just pressed wrongly. Have a nice day ahead! :D

• YW_H

This piece is so amazing and I really love the way that you organized your word choice! Your talent is outstanding and I cannot wait to read more from you! I hope we can be friends!

• nolongeractive

new piece out

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Np! And glad to hear it :)
    Oh ok that's a cool way of putting it! I tried doing that, it's cool! Oh wow. That must have been hard <3
    And moving to another country, can't say I haven't thought bout that either...but I'm on the younger side so I'm just dreaming ;)
    I'm doing ok, I actually broke my toe and idk how long I'll be out of stuff for :/ But on the bright side yesterday for my friend's bday I got to go paint balling, which didn't help my toe tho...but it was fun! :D

• nolongeractive

Re: How have you been, my friend!?

Ok wow this is so so beautiful!! The ending is just ok um wow
    Re- Yeah, thanks for checking in <3
    Everything is fine just school has been so much pain ugh:( but 14 more days of school and then I will be so much more active on this wonderful site!
    How are you doing? Whatcha been up to?

• nolongeractive

Re: Omg thank you so much!! And, I am so sorry for the late comment!!

This piece is absolutely breathtaking and I cannot get over it! I am in love with the ideologies behind it and I cannot get over the world choice, and you really embodied the competition structure and I know that you will do so well in this competition. I cannot wait to see what else you share because you are so incredibly talented.

• deep_breaths

re: yessssssss

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

This is stunning! And hey, where did I disappear to? It's been a while my friend, how are you?! (And if you don't mind me asking, what's the backstory here..?)

• useless :)

woah, this is beautiful! all the lines are so distinct and have such a powerful and sometimes mysterious tone to them, and you've packed so many tones and ideas into the poem. and i really love the repetition in the last two lines, they make for a really strong ending!
    good luckkk in the comp :D
    and ur bio ahah, "yes, i cant ever my eyeliner to be straight"
    also, how are you doing? its been a while lol

• deep_breaths

re: I'LL GET THE SNACKS

• In Which Yaya Writes

Wait a second. You never told me you were a Mistborn fan! Or a Maze Runner fan! And somehow I missed that in your profile! Eeeeeeeh! Those are my top three (plus Harry Potter) favorite books! I literally read all 700 pages of the Mistborn books in like two days (well, each one took me two days), then went and got every other book in his Cosmere universe. And when I read Maze Runner, my legs were literally shaking and my face turned red. No joke! Dang, I just LOVE those books.

• In Which Yaya Writes

Yay! It looks great! You did an amazing job editing! The new stanzas, and even just the tweaks you made to the old ones, really make the whole piece seamless and cohesive. Love it! I hope you do well in the comp!
    Aww, I'm the smartest person alive?! Yay! And you're sure that doesn't mean I said something smart and forgot to add nice things in my review, right? XD.

• deep_breaths

re: i'll get the matches ahaha