Zirong

- INTJ
- CA Alumni
- typical Libra
- Ravendor
- author of 1 book
- tennis & track team
- animes!!!
- singing & song writing & flute
- a perfectionist and a dreamer :)

- CHECK OUT my gorgeous twin sister Starlitskies!!!

CHECK OUT ALSO my bestie&travel buddy&amazing poet Parisienne!!! And feel free to join our John Green Appreciation Society if you are also a fan of his amazing books!(and perhaps his Crash Course Series XD)

Dreamers can never be tamed :)

Currently reading: *Ariel* by Sylvia Plath - "Love set you going like a fat gold watch"

If you need a peer review just drop a comment under any of my pieces :)

Happy reading&writing~

The Game of Survival

1. 
The passengers are desperate.

2. 
The passengers were supposed to be there for only one week, but then the ship was lost. Now the calendar has been flipped 20 times. With each beat of the heart the seed of desperation is pushing out new buds. The shore is now the shrine. They miss Home.

3. 
It was planned as a one-week journey. Absurdly It is now the passengers’ 21st day at sea.

Time dragged its feet in such a delicate way that complaints and sighs vanished after the 13th day. Everyone simply locked themselves in their rooms — the only predictable place on the sea. Af first each room had its earnest attempt at self-assurance: card games, darts, or arduously kept-up idiotic conversations. Gradually people tired of counting their game scores or switching between equally meaningless topics, and chose to count the days left for their wilting instead.

Then came the Great Silence, a lumbering presence whose weight was piling up second by second. Its title later turned out to be a failed joke -- now the silence is fatal in an already suffocating atmosphere, where everyone is on pins and needles.

Outside, the hysterical waves are chafing against the hull. The once popular deck is now the left-out misfit.

They’ve lost, both to the sea and to themselves. 

• Starlitskies

Hey twin sis! I'm back! Really missed you and your wonderful pieces! This is so so beautiful! You've certainly delivered on this prompt! The specificity with the days, how the "Great Silence" came to be, what the passengers did inside their rooms; it's all simply stunning! And the ending line is brilliant!

• Nikki

i just saw that i havnt followed you yet. oops how did this happen?

• Nikki

omggggg. i know im super late to this piece but its just so damn pretty. its also so shocking how much it improved through its drafts! 'The once popular deck is now the left-out misfit'. this is my fav line and the personification here is just *perfect*

• ☃︎ KatelynsCupcakes ☃︎

Hello! I was just wondering if you would mind doing a Peer Review for my poetry comp. piece, as my editing has been making little to no progress recently. It would really be much appreciated, but if you don't have time (or don't feel like doing it), that's totally fine with me, I get it. Anyways, thank you for your time, and sorry to bother you!

• wavewriter

Reading this piece, I found myself really caring for the passengers on the ship! Also, "Time dragged its feet in such a delicate way that complaints and sighs vanished after the 13th day." I love that personification. Great writing!

• aalawrites

Wow! I love this!

Beautiful!

Oooh I really love this! It's so descriptive throughout and the take on the prompt was awesome. One tiny thing, "Af first each room", you typoed "Af" cause I think you meant "At" (happens to the best of us XD) I love how you described the time passing with the calendar, that was really cool. But the ending has got to be my favourite.