almost flora kane

my pen name is flora kane. i'm sixteen. i'm also a slytherin, infp-t, christian, maladaptive daydreamer, and generally insane. est: 3.30.2018.

saw someone else wrote for this prompt, and this started writing itself in my head. barely got a doc open before it came tumbling out of my head. if somebody likes this i might try to make it into a series. still, we all know what happens when it comes to me and consistency! (for those of you wondering, it's usually nothing haha.) anyway. put what you think their names are in the comments if you want. i'll take recommendations:)

she came from english. i was only passing by...

PROMPT: April Grab Bag

12
a 200-word story that starts with the last text you sent. (by Ava Marie)

“hiya,” is what she said the first time we met. such a short greeting, and i never even got her name. i can only hope it wasn’t the last time we will see each other, since it was only in passing, and yet, i could tell the girl was a living oxymoron. her body proclaimed exhaustion in slow steps, dragging feet, and secondhand clothing. her hair was frizzy and damp, likely due to the humidity and light rain. her smile was faint, though her eyes reminded me of stars in the spring. something like a night in flowers, surrounded by trees, and a wind; a faint wind which might’ve been her smile. i might’ve seen it all in a dream once.

“hello,” i replied to her cheery voice, which was high and bright past her obvious sleep deprivation. i’m not sure whether she could hear the fascination in my tone. well, reflecting on it, i think i had a look of wonder about me, somewhere in between enchantment and confusion. i stood still after she passed me, and watched her walk by, standing halfway up the stairs into the english building of university. i don’t believe i’ll ever forget it.
sometimes you just have to write a romance to yourself. i really hope one day this happens to me, especially because i have the "hiya" practiced lol. anyway, i've been churning out reviews. i'm still doing review/review at this point, just know i don't work on the weekends:D

• April 9, 2021 - 10:51am (Now Viewing)

"the girl was a living oxymoron" was awwww so perfect! This is so sweet! The descriptions are just so amazing and HAHA lolll, I'm always writing romances to myself! It's the only way to ensure you don't have any tragedy snuck in there *sob*

• Jason_claire :)

This is cute and funny, I love it!
    replying- It kinda just randomly came from my head during a math test, haha

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: okay so it's a cult I created..... dedicated to croutons, glow sticks, marshmallows, poetry and sometimes a cup of coffee... we do poetry on Saturday! I just posted the first prompt. so if you'd like to join, just put it in your bio and then get the challenge posted tomorrow!

re: oh thank you!! Please take your time, and don't worry if you don't get to it. I totally understand, I'm honestly s tired, too.

Ah I love this!! It's so sweet! I love your description of the girl as an oxymoron. And like everyone else is saying, if you were to make this into a series, I would definitely read it :)

Omigosh I love this! If you decide to write more about them I'm so down. Julia is a name that comes to mind for her. Also idk if you know this, but I literally have the phrase "Living oxymoron" in my bio. I've never heard anyone use it lol so this is cool.

• Parisienne

This is so sweet!! Aha I write myself into romances too (maybe one day they'll happen). This is so adorable tho...I'm certain one day you'll find someone to say hiya too and they'll think of you in the same lovely way that this piece is written in :)

• marisol lafaille

oh please make it into a series! this is such a perfect beginning, and i must say that i'm quite curious! i'm thinking that they both have long, sort of flowery and old fashioned names that they both shortened into nicknames. I think Mitzi fits the girl, and her real name could be matilda or marion, for the narrator i think something long and extremely ridiculous, that he's always being teased about.

• nolongeractive

This so cool! You have so much talent.

• Paper Chicken

Wow, the description of the character is beautiful, especially the 'living oxymoron' metaphor. I think that Avery or Eleni would be great names.

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

oh my. i'm swept away. hm... names...
    april (just popped into my head)
    eleanor (ellie for short)
    amaryllis
    iris
    evelyn
    jessa
    averi
    este
    daylyn (day for short)
    charlotte (char/charlie)
    astra
    vera
    evangeline
    elane
    cassidy